Author Topic: trade idea for a star  (Read 1303 times)

trade idea for a star
« on: November 30, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »

Offline Hawkeye199

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 131
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gvm5af2

we would also give up our dallas pick.

why jazz does it
if they can resign sully and turner they win the trade.sully gives them that offensive power forward they need to stretch the floor with goobers. Turner can be one of their starting guards. rosier is a project that could eventually be as starter given playing time. Plus they get a pick to help rebuild. they had rumors of being willing to trade him. This trade would also strengthen their bench since ne starter would be moved to the bench.

why celtics do it
this will hurt our bench. It will force us to play rj hunter a kid who just needs some minutes. It gives us favors a consistent 3rd star who strengthens our starting lineup. we would have the Brooklyn pick and free agency to get a second star.
zach lavine-jeremy lin-tyus jones
jeremy lamb-tyshen prince-Andre miller
will barton- beljina-
Kevin love-kevin garnet-payne
Karl anthoney Towns-JJ hickson

Re: trade idea for a star
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 04:31:06 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=gvm5af2

we would also give up our dallas pick.

why jazz does it
if they can resign sully and turner they win the trade.sully gives them that offensive power forward they need to stretch the floor with goobers. Turner can be one of their starting guards. rosier is a project that could eventually be as starter given playing time. Plus they get a pick to help rebuild. they had rumors of being willing to trade him. This trade would also strengthen their bench since ne starter would be moved to the bench.

why celtics do it
this will hurt our bench. It will force us to play rj hunter a kid who just needs some minutes. It gives us favors a consistent 3rd star who strengthens our starting lineup. we would have the Brooklyn pick and free agency to get a second star.

Man, I'd love to have Favors. I don't think that's a package that would land him, but we could undoubtedly afford him if he was available, and we're definitely a good trading partner (in terms of assets/players at positions of need) for Utah.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 04:34:29 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Man, I love goobers.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 05:36:01 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Good luck with that. Homer trade.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 07:05:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I'm sure the Jazz are just tripping over themselves at the prospect of trading their best player thus far this season for Boston's flotsam, a mediocre draft pick, and a guy who's about to enter free agency.

Also, lol @ the idea that this will hurt Boston's bench as if two of those outgoing guys are actually in the rotation.

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 07:24:49 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
First, Goobers is awesome.

Second, since Utah already chose to move Kanter last year, there is in no rush for them to deal Favors unless they are getting a clear upgrade. Utah has a lot of nice young talent - I imagine they believe Favors is near the top of their list of that young talent.

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2015, 02:14:43 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33
A quick hang up by the Jazz would happen with that offer and maybe a laugh also....

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 02:27:20 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

I never really get the idea of trying to trade for an established, under contract player who is an integral part of a good team. When do trades like that actually happen?

What do the Jazz need so badly that they would trade us their best player right now? Do you think the Jazz are looking at themselves at 8-8 with Gobert hurt and deciding to give up?