Poll

If Simmons and Labissiere are gone, who do you hope Danny takes with the third pick?

Brandon Ingram
8 (26.7%)
Jaylen Brown
14 (46.7%)
Dragan Bender
6 (20%)
Jamal Murray
1 (3.3%)
Someone else: (name them)
1 (3.3%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: If we get the 3rd pick & Simmons & Labissiere are gone...who's your guy?  (Read 3350 times)

Re: If we get the 3rd pick & Simmons & Labissiere are gone...who's your guy?
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 02:05:02 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Same here. I keep hearing Brown is the real deal, and he'd fit perfectly at the 3 next to Smart and Bradley.

I'm concerned that he's essentially Jae Crowder, and wouldnt be able to crack the rotation.
However... the first two dunks of this clip, means that this kid is a PROBLEM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2pUkJkKZzM

I don't think you should be too concerned, because Crowder is a very good player with two big limitations--- (1) shooting and (2) bounce. Brown is a plus in both of those categories.

I would argue against you on the shooting. DraftExpress showed some significant flaws in his mechanics. Proving out so far as he is 19% from 3pt range on 3 attempts a game.

Hmm. Didn't know that; I just remember the talking heads in pre-season about what a good shooter he was. Hopefully it's just a cold start

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 02:05:45 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
This thread has convinced me it's between Bender and Brown.  Only thing about Bender is I think there'll be some waiting involved.  Brown could backup Crowder on defense today.
I'm leaning Brown as long as Ainge/Stevens feel like the Celts system can get the best out of him.  In a vacuum he's just what the Celtics need it seems.

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 02:14:05 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Ingram = special combination of size, quickness and skills.

He's growing into his body fast.  These two pictures were taken a little over a year apart:

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 02:16:24 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Another Ingram picture:

:o

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 02:29:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
After Simmons I am not yet really enamored with any other player in this draft. Everyone else has some major flaws. Labissiere and Bender are both very thin big men who have yet shown they can rebound well. That's a bad combination for NBA big men. Neither Brown nor Ingram have shown they can shoot. And the Celtics don't need some of the best small guys in the draft.

After Simmons I gotta say I think the best man for the Celtics is Poeltl.

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 02:40:22 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I think Simmons is in his own group. The second group is 4 deep and I'd be fine with any of Skal, Brown, Ingram and Bender. Once Diallo is back I could see him jump into that group.

This draft is strong at the top.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 02:50:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
I have a feeling that if Ingram and Brown are rated as having similar overall potential, the Celtics would draft Ingram.  At this point I see Ingram as a guy who can slide into BS vision more easily.  But if Brown is clearly better that goes out the window.

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 02:56:27 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
After Simmons I am not yet really enamored with any other player in this draft. Everyone else has some major flaws.

Simmons can't shoot. You're welcome =)

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 03:22:21 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm starting to feel like a top 10 pick is likely, but I'm still not getting myself excited about a potential top 5.  Brooklyn still scares me.  I feel like threads like this that present our worst-case scenario as #3 just jinx us.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
After Simmons I am not yet really enamored with any other player in this draft. Everyone else has some major flaws. Labissiere and Bender are both very thin big men who have yet shown they can rebound well. That's a bad combination for NBA big men. Neither Brown nor Ingram have shown they can shoot. And the Celtics don't need some of the best small guys in the draft.

After Simmons I gotta say I think the best man for the Celtics is Poeltl.

I agree, this draft seems like Simmons and a bunch of nice but not great prospects -- at least right now.

Poeltl looks like the best plausible outcome for the Celts right now. 
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 03:34:08 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
I'm starting to feel like a top 10 pick is likely, but I'm still not getting myself excited about a potential top 5.  Brooklyn still scares me.  I feel like threads like this that present our worst-case scenario as #3 just jinx us.

Well, we ain't gonna be trading up to #1 or 2.  But depending on how the college season and pre-draft goes, there's always a chance for a team with lots of picks and young players to trade up to #3. 

Also very unlikely but not out of the question.  And not necessarily something everyone will
be happy about either...since we're not talking Simmons.

I feel like there's a top 6 right now, and if Ellenson plays really well it could turn into a top 7. (well, Simmons plus the next 6.  Or Simmons, then Skal, then the next 5).  So if the Brooklyn pick were 6 or 7 what would it take to get to 3 for Danny's favorite player.  Yeesh.  Not as fun as dreams of Simmons.

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624
I really like Jaylen Brown.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers