Author Topic: Who was your Binkie from the 2014 Draft.  (Read 1712 times)

Re: Who was your Binkie from the 2014 Draft.
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2015, 03:43:09 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Smart at 7 barring Embiid falling, then Warren or Nurkic at 17. Both were gone at 17 so I really didn't have anyone that caught my eye.

I didn't want Gordon at 7 or Lavine or Anderson at 17.

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 04:13:13 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
I hoped Embiid would fall to 6 and Lavine would be there at 17. 

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 04:35:31 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I liked Smart at six.

At seventeen, I was hoping for TJ Warren.  When he went before that, I was hoping for Hood. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 04:50:15 PM »

Offline obnoxiousmime

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 258
I really wanted Exum to slip and hated that Utah won the coin flip to pick 5th. I was fine with Smart being taken because he was "safe" but I thought Exum had star potential. He might still turn out to be good, but one has to wonder if injuries at such a young age will hurt his potential, similar to what happened to Shaun Livingston.

For the second pick, I didn't really have a solid opinion on any of them besides thinking that Rodney Hood was probably the safest choice. He has proven to be better than I thought he'd be though.

I was very intrigued by Capela's athleticism and wouldn't have minded him being picked at 17 either.  I mean, at that slot it's OK if he busts since the boom potential is so great. I remember being upset that a "smart" team like Houston ended up taking him much later than he was predicted to go at in most mocks.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 04:58:05 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I really wanted Exum to slip and hated that Utah won the coin flip to pick 5th. I was fine with Smart being taken because he was "safe" but I thought Exum had star potential. He might still turn out to be good, but one has to wonder if injuries at such a young age will hurt his potential, similar to what happened to Shaun Livingston.

For the second pick, I didn't really have a solid opinion on any of them besides thinking that Rodney Hood was probably the safest choice. He has proven to be better than I thought he'd be though.

I was very intrigued by Capela's athleticism and wouldn't have minded him being picked at 17 either.  I mean, at that slot it's OK if he busts since the boom potential is so great. I remember being upset that a "smart" team like Houston ended up taking him much later than he was predicted to go at in most mocks.

Dante Exum's injury isn't likely to rob him of his "star potential."  I seriously doubt he ever had it in the first place. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 05:01:15 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
I liked smart with our 6th pick

I liked young but would have chosen Anderson over him

Even though he was out of our range, I wanted nurkic

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 05:03:40 PM »

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

I hate to minimize an ACL tear, but Shaun Livingston suffered a truly catastrophic injury that nearly cost him his leg. A simple ACL tear does not compare to what happened to Livingston. This is certainly a setback for Exum, but he should be able to come back without losing too much athleticism/burst.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 05:08:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I liked Smart at six.

At seventeen, I was hoping for TJ Warren.  When he went before that, I was hoping for Hood.

Oh yeah, I really liked TJ Warren too.  Forgot about him, but I was bummed when he got taken before our pick in the teens.

Seemed like a Corey Maggette type to me (who I always liked).
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 05:45:24 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

I hate to minimize an ACL tear, but Shaun Livingston suffered a truly catastrophic injury that nearly cost him his leg. A simple ACL tear does not compare to what happened to Livingston. This is certainly a setback for Exum, but he should be able to come back without losing too much athleticism/burst.

Yeah.  Torn ACL, MCL, PCL, meniscus, dislocated kneecap, and more. Hopefully Shaun Livingston is never an appropriate comparable to any basketball injury ever. I remember watching a replay of the injury.  That was a mistake.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 06:47:04 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Hood

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 06:55:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Hood

Him first but Young was next for me. I'll have to wait Young out, but I thought he would be serviceable this season...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 06:56:30 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I was anticipating the roster crunch and wanted to move down and eurostash Bogdan Bogdanovic.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I wanted Embid if we could get him at #6 or trade up to get him. Smart with #6 and then Delon Wright or Capella.with the second first rounder if we stood pat.
Questioned the Young pick at the time (made a thread about Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. are we doing picking Young) and would have preferred Kyle Anderson..
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »

Offline walker834

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 238
Smart and Gary Harris.  Also liked Embiid when he was outside the lottery and not injured. O nce he started rising and getting overhyped and got injured i fell off his bandwagon quite a bit.  Also liked Aaron Gordon, Wiggins and Parker although i thought the draft was very overhyped in general.

i actually wanted Ainge to find a good young sleeper small forward at 17.  I just didnt know who it was. He picked James Young and i was happy with the pick. 

I really liked what Ainge did that draft in general. usually do and don't like the hype so much.