Author Topic: Who was your Binkie from the 2014 Draft.  (Read 1711 times)

Who was your Binkie from the 2014 Draft.
« on: November 30, 2015, 03:44:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

I didn't mind the Young selection at the time. I did like Rodney Hood more at that position.

Kyle Anderson was my binkie though. If I could have traded back to get him I'd have been happy.
 He hasn't done much with the Spurs getting 11mpg more his Per 36 say he does play like a triple double guy if he played most of the game.

I wish I could say my binkie was Capella in heinsight I probably would have taken him for the Celtics.

Re: Who was your Binkie from the 2014 Draft.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2015, 06:40:37 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
I put down a 20 bet that Hood would be ROY before the draft.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I loved Nurkic.  When he was drafted at 16, I nearly turned off the draft.  I was non-plussed about Young, but was glad that we at least didn't pick Tyler Ennis.

I was also mad at the mock drafters who convinced me that Saric was going to fall all they way to us because he wasn't coming to the NBA for a few years.  That wasn't a very nice joke to play on me.

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 07:55:35 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I loved Nurkic.  When he was drafted at 16, I nearly turned off the draft.  I was non-plussed about Young, but was glad that we at least didn't pick Tyler Ennis.

I was also mad at the mock drafters who convinced me that Saric was going to fall all they way to us because he wasn't coming to the NBA for a few years.  That wasn't a very nice joke to play on me.

Nurkic was definitely mine as well. Gotta think that if he dropped one more to 17 he'd be in Celtic green. And I would have loved that.

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2015, 01:52:49 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
In the area of our later pick:  Adrian Payne

In general:  Smart, Payton, Stauskas, Ennis, Hood, G. Harris.  Also liked Capela but wasn't sure.
Didn't have a a sense for Nurkic.

Denver grabbed another center in the second round:  Jokic, the guy playing in place of Nurkic while he's injured.  I wonder what Jokic's ceiling is...

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 01:55:45 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I don't follow much college hoops so, I'm never in a position to really give an opinion or have binkies for that matter, but I liked Gordon and Smart and was heavily leaning towards Smart as the draft approached. I liked Wiggins too, but you know...

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 01:59:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I was really excited about the Celts getting Aaron Gordon.  I was really hoping he'd drop to them at #6. 

Later in the draft, I was hoping Ainge would take a chance on Clint Capela.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:50 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I was really excited about the Celts getting Aaron Gordon.  I was really hoping he'd drop to them at #6. 

Later in the draft, I was hoping Ainge would take a chance on Clint Capela.

I'm with you there. I also really wanted Gordon (and really thought he would be there for us to draft). I hated the Smart pick; I was excited that Randle had slid down to us and really mad that we didn't take advantage-- thought maybe we were trading back and picking him for someone else.

I wanted Nurkic, for sure. I was sad but not at all surprised when the Bulls grabbed him. I was expecting his name to come up from like pick 12 and on.

Mitch McGary and Jordan Adams were the two other players I remember really really liking that we passed on.

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 02:26:38 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2922
Capela. I'm still sour that Danny didn't take him at 17, especially given that it fit a need that we still have today.

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 02:28:24 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238

I didn't mind the Young selection at the time. I did like Rodney Hood more at that position.

Kyle Anderson was my binkie though. If I could have traded back to get him I'd have been happy.
 He hasn't done much with the Spurs getting 11mpg more his Per 36 say he does play like a triple double guy if he played most of the game.

I wish I could say my binkie was Capella in heinsight I probably would have taken him for the Celtics.

Slo Mo was my guy too....he's a stat sheet stuffer.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 02:39:17 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Capela. I'm still sour that Danny didn't take him at 17, especially given that it fit a need that we still have today.

Oh man I though Capela was taken before our pick.  Ouch!

However, I haven't given up on Young.  If he can learn the game he may be able to score 20 per game...

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 02:42:53 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I was a huge Aaron Gordon guy. On draft night I was almost positive that Smart would be gone when we picked and we would go with Gordon.

The funny thing is, Smart is clearly the more impactful player right now. Had we went with Gordon like I wanted, the C's probably don't make the playoffs last year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 03:04:34 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I was a huge Aaron Gordon guy. On draft night I was almost positive that Smart would be gone when we picked and we would go with Gordon.

The funny thing is, Smart is clearly the more impactful player right now. Had we went with Gordon like I wanted, the C's probably don't make the playoffs last year.

If we hadn't selected Smart there, I wonder who would have played point last year after the Rondo trade (or if it would have been the same Rondo trade). Shabazz Napier, perhaps.

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 03:21:11 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Had we went with Gordon like I wanted, the C's probably don't make the playoffs last year.

Not exactly a tragedy.

Might have gotten Winslow or Myles Turner out of this past draft, in that case.

Aaron Gordon was a very young rookie and is coming along gradually.  Looks pretty good so far this year.  I think he's gonna be in the Paul Millsap / Serge Ibaka tier of power forwards when he's fully developed.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2015, 03:31:25 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
I really liked Saric, Nurkic, Gary Harris and also Exum and Smart, although I was giving Exum a bit of a nod.  I think that group has played a combined total of like 15 games this season