Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe?  (Read 3165 times)

Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 09:40:11 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587
Trade him for Joe Johnson for no reason...that's about the only option that comes to mind.
lol. This is the best idea.

I like it Kobrick will shoot them out of every game.

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 09:48:35 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Trade him for Joe Johnson for no reason...that's about the only option that comes to mind.

The only way you should like it is if you're a Lakers fan, if you aren't why do you want them to keep their pick?
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 09:53:39 PM »

Offline esel1000

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 587

The only way you should like it is if you're a Lakers fan, if you aren't why do you want them to keep their pick?

Lakers would probably win more games if Kobe was gone. He's literally a solo tank. Lakers lose their pick if it's outside of the top 3 so it'd be perfect.

Lakers win more games and Kobe shoots the Nets out of all of their games. Pipe dream but it'd be perfect

« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 10:11:49 PM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
No
Cuz of Sentimentality

Kind of different with pierce as he still had more than enough left to take a team to the championship and wanted to get another one
While Celtics were entering a rebuilding phase

Kobe will probably be a bench player which he wouldn't want
And would be winning a championship for another team which kind of messed up with him being a laker fan growing up
Also you wouldn't get much in return for him because of he's recent play after injury

« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2015, 10:17:02 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
Nobody wants that bum while he's chucking 20%.  I'd say he should just retire now, but there's plenty of reasons he shouldn't..

#1 - Well-deserved farewell tour

#2 - As expected, ticket sales have gone way up since his announcement

#3 - As long as he keeps chucking 22%, his team has a real shot of keeping their draft pick... if it falls outside of the top 3, it goes to Philly.   That's actually kind of scary if you're a Laker fan... Right now the Lakers have the 2nd worst record in the NBA... that means if the standings stay the same, they'd have a 55.8% chance of keeping their pick and a 44.2% chance of losing it and it ending up 4th or 5th for Philly.   That's basically a 50/50 shot.  They would have a 19% chance of landing Ben Simmons... with the most likely scenario being a 31.2% chance of it falling 4th... to Philly.  It's unlikely, but even if Lakers fell one more spot to 3rd-to-last, they'd be looking at the odds skewing against them with a 53.1% chance of losing it and 46.9% chance of keeping it.  There's possibly no team with more incentive to tank than the Lakers... If I'm their GM, I'm letting Kobe jack up bricks for 48 minutes every night... even if he can't walk.

TP for summing it up so well.

jim buss is the poster boy for a rich kid who inherited a ton of money but has done absolutely nothing with his life, and is completely undeserving of what he has. i have a laker fan friend who followed buss's "career" as a horse breeder back in the 80's, and the guy was inept at that and everything else.

it'll be disgusting if they somehow get simmons out of this disaster they've created. i really, really, hope this blows up on them. it might take an injury to bryant for that to happen.

and think about kobe's teammates? they must really, really hate him. and what a horrible role model to have, with his unbelievably selfish play. at a certain point you need to stop shooting and start facilitating. otherwise just retire or sit on the bench and cheer/teach. clarkson, randle et al need somebody UNSELFISH to learn from.

« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2015, 10:19:08 PM »

Online kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

Lakers would probably win more games if Kobe was gone. He's literally a solo tank. Lakers lose their pick if it's outside of the top 3 so it'd be perfect.

Lakers win more games and Kobe shoots the Nets out of all of their games. Pipe dream but it'd be perfect

god in heaven, please make this happen

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 11:44:00 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
As I understand, Kobe has a no-trade clause.

I can't imagine he would have any interest in being traded to another team - he's in his last year, and I can imagine he would want to spend it in the place he's played his entire career.  To voluntarily move out (and move his family, etc) just for the sake of a one year change of scenery (and to hurt his legacy in LA) makes little sense.

Also given the size of his contract, I don't anticipate many teams would be willing (or in a position) to trade for him. The only teams that could really use him are contenders, and most of those lack the cap flexibility to make such a trade without breaking up their core.