Author Topic: Should the Lakers trade Kobe?  (Read 3154 times)

Should the Lakers trade Kobe?
« on: November 29, 2015, 11:16:52 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So he can get a final chance to grab a ring? 

I bet the can get a decent (not great) return for him.   He is still not playing all that great but like Pierce could still do alot of damage as the #2, #3 option on a top calibre team. 

Re: Should the Lakers trade Kobe?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 11:20:58 PM »

Offline Denis998

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 388
  • Rutgers '17
no championship team will take him.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 11:28:09 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I bet the can get a decent (not great) return for him.   He is still not playing all that great but like Pierce could still do alot of damage as the #2, #3 option on a top calibre team.
Kobe is going to retire a Laker as he should.  As poorly as he's playing and with him not wanting to take on a lesser role, he'd destroy a top caliber team's chances at the championship.  Besides a trade with a top caliber team would be next to impossible with Kobe making 25mil.   

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 11:31:48 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
What would they get for him? First, even a half a season of Kobe would have to find about 12m to match. Second, he is SO BAD that I wouldn't give them a 2nd rounder because he will ruin the chemistry of any team. He has been HORRIBLE. Last, no one wants to play with him that has a real choice! He doesn't know how to be 5th option and his play is so bad that 6th option is being EXTRA KIND.

No.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 11:34:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No.  Kobe should just retire.  He was done as an NBA player a couple years ago.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2015, 01:41:27 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269

It's funny you bring up Pierce. The story everyone is talking about this year besides the Dubs' glory and the Sixers' misery is Kobe's retirement, and it's completely overshadowed the fact that Pierce has looked completely washed up this year for the Clips. Seriously, the truth about "The Truth" is, he looks done.

I could see C's and Clippers discussing a deal to send Paul back to the Celtics mid-season. Pierce for Zeller anyone? Clips get a true back-up big to play in crunchtime who deserves minutes and Celtics get their emotional leader back. IMO Zeller is better than Pierce at this point, but he's not getting any minutes on this team and I don't think the Celtics see him as a long term piece. If this deal were to be done, Pierce would play the KG role of being the mentor for our young talent. It would be good for the locker room even if it wouldn't benefit the team much on the court. I like this deal although I would be tempted to ask for the Clips for a 1st-rounder because Zeller would be very good for that team and they can retain him long term because of his restricted free agency. Thoughts?

As for Kobe, I personally don't see the Lakers ever trading him but if they did, they'd only get contracts and picks back because he's nothing more than a large expiring at this point. Not worth it for them, and Kobe is way too broken down to be a 2nd or 3rd scorer. He'd much rather go the Iverson route than the Pierce route.

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2015, 02:25:38 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Nobody wants that bum while he's chucking 20%.  I'd say he should just retire now, but there's plenty of reasons he shouldn't..

#1 - Well-deserved farewell tour

#2 - As expected, ticket sales have gone way up since his announcement

#3 - As long as he keeps chucking 22%, his team has a real shot of keeping their draft pick... if it falls outside of the top 3, it goes to Philly.   That's actually kind of scary if you're a Laker fan... Right now the Lakers have the 2nd worst record in the NBA... that means if the standings stay the same, they'd have a 55.8% chance of keeping their pick and a 44.2% chance of losing it and it ending up 4th or 5th for Philly.   That's basically a 50/50 shot.  They would have a 19% chance of landing Ben Simmons... with the most likely scenario being a 31.2% chance of it falling 4th... to Philly.  It's unlikely, but even if Lakers fell one more spot to 3rd-to-last, they'd be looking at the odds skewing against them with a 53.1% chance of losing it and 46.9% chance of keeping it.  There's possibly no team with more incentive to tank than the Lakers... If I'm their GM, I'm letting Kobe jack up bricks for 48 minutes every night... even if he can't walk.

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2015, 03:00:25 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
Nobody wants that bum while he's chucking 20%.  I'd say he should just retire now, but there's plenty of reasons he shouldn't..

#3 - As long as he keeps chucking 22%, his team has a real shot of keeping their draft pick... if it falls outside of the top 3, it goes to Philly.   That's actually kind of scary if you're a Laker fan... Right now the Lakers have the 2nd worst record in the NBA... that means if the standings stay the same, they'd have a 55.8% chance of keeping their pick and a 44.2% chance of losing it and it ending up 4th or 5th for Philly.   That's basically a 50/50 shot.  They would have a 19% chance of landing Ben Simmons... with the most likely scenario being a 31.2% chance of it falling 4th... to Philly.  It's unlikely, but even if Lakers fell one more spot to 3rd-to-last, they'd be looking at the odds skewing against them with a 53.1% chance of losing it and 46.9% chance of keeping it.  There's possibly no team with more incentive to tank than the Lakers... If I'm their GM, I'm letting Kobe jack up bricks for 48 minutes every night... even if he can't walk.

Yeah thats about right. How about the kings for a wild card? If thye can improve before the deadline and look like they will make the playoffs maybe they would be crazy enough to trade for Kobe?

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2015, 03:06:58 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016

Yeah thats about right. How about the kings for a wild card? If thye can improve before the deadline and look like they will make the playoffs maybe they would be crazy enough to trade for Kobe?
Lol... sure, why not.  All bets are off when it comes to the Kings

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2015, 07:52:34 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
No. He will, and rightfully so, retire a Laker.

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
No ,  he got 25 mil for being a scrub player .

Laker fans should enjoy seeing him , and many will just have to,suffer watching his final hurray as He fades into history .

No sure if Kobe has a public life on TV or coaching .

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2015, 09:51:29 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Kobe is basically running on empty. His shooting percentage is terrible. He's knows it's time to call it a career.
He should retire a Laker.

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2015, 10:58:09 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Trade him for Joe Johnson for no reason...that's about the only option that comes to mind. 

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2015, 11:58:52 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
no, he's retiring after this season,

I would keep him for his legacy

« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2015, 09:37:11 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Trade him for Joe Johnson for no reason...that's about the only option that comes to mind.
lol. This is the best idea.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008