Author Topic: Celtics (9-8) at Heat (10-5) Game #18 11/30/15  (Read 25984 times)

Re: Celtics (9-8) at Heat (10-5) Game #18 11/30/15
« Reply #270 on: November 30, 2015, 10:28:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
just woke up

i see we kicked some ass  :laugh:
indeed they did. and here is a tp for waking up AND cheering the celtics on.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #271 on: November 30, 2015, 10:32:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Fell asleep. As a more passive observer of the team (and this thread) tonight, I realized that a) this team is Bipolar, and b) many of us are too. Perfect, volatile family.
tp for the insightful post. plus, like the celtics, most of us have very uneven talent and live our lives alternating between screwing up and doing well.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #272 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:22 PM »

Offline greece66

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1342
  • Head Paperboy at Greenville
just woke up

indeed they did. and here is a tp for waking up AND cheering the celtics on.

thanks  ;D

next time I should program my bio-watch to wake me up half an hour before the game's end.

« Reply #273 on: November 30, 2015, 10:41:32 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Fell asleep. As a more passive observer of the team (and this thread) tonight, I realized that a) this team is Bipolar, and b) many of us are too. Perfect, volatile family.
tp for the insightful post. plus, like the celtics, most of us have very uneven talent and live our lives alternating between screwing up and doing well.  ;D

Exactly. My end game there was to identify with just one other person here that feels the same. Very validating. :)
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #274 on: November 30, 2015, 11:09:31 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533
I guess this is just the DNA of this team.  Look like garbage one night, look like a top 10 team the next night.

Learn to love the rollercoaster!

Mike
Pretty much as expected actually.  The only teams that win on bad nights are the top ones.  This team is what it is - capable of winning somewhere between about 40 to 48 games - dependent on a lot of factors.  They're about depth and coaching.  And any team that relies on the 3 the way they do - without a bunch of what you'd call great shooters - is going to be up and down.
East is a little better I think than some thought so winning 47 to 48 may be a bit tougher than some of us thought.

« Reply #275 on: December 01, 2015, 12:17:39 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
I guess this is just the DNA of this team.  Look like garbage one night, look like a top 10 team the next night.

Mike
Pretty much as expected actually.  The only teams that win on bad nights are the top ones.  This team is what it is - capable of winning somewhere between about 40 to 48 games - dependent on a lot of factors.  They're about depth and coaching.  And any team that relies on the 3 the way they do - without a bunch of what you'd call great shooters - is going to be up and down.
East is a little better I think than some thought so winning 47 to 48 may be a bit tougher than some of us thought.

I'll disagree. Last year Cs lost a lot of close games early and with IT coming on board they started winning those, This year they're inconsistent, but they're consistently beating good teams,  They need to learn to be more consistent in their effort, especially on defense.

The best indicator of success is average margin of victory and they're 6th best in the NBA. Last year their MOV was +0.2  and this year it's +4.5 which if you look at the last 4 years gets you to 50+ wins easily. I think they'll get better, get their fair share of second half tanking gifts, and better handle the injuries every team gets given their depth. I don't know if they'll get there, but the indications are more positive than not even if the short-term rollercoaster results drive you and me nuts.

« Reply #276 on: December 01, 2015, 12:36:17 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

Mike

I'll disagree. Last year Cs lost a lot of close games early and with IT coming on board they started winning those, This year they're inconsistent, but they're consistently beating good teams,  They need to learn to be more consistent in their effort, especially on defense.

The best indicator of success is average margin of victory and they're 6th best in the NBA. Last year their MOV was +0.2  and this year it's +4.5 which if you look at the last 4 years gets you to 50+ wins easily. I think they'll get better, get their fair share of second half tanking gifts, and better handle the injuries every team gets given their depth. I don't know if they'll get there, but the indications are more positive than not even if the short-term rollercoaster results drive you and me nuts.
The margin of victory number is encouraging.  That has me a little bit intrigued.  But this team lacks consistent shooting and on the nights where the 3 isn't falling, they really struggle.  No team can consistently give a max effort every night.  Otherwise they burn out. And they're not good enough to win on the nights where the defense isn't there.  Combine the 2 and they can lose to even the worst teams (i.e. Brooklyn and they should have lost to Philly).

I like this team a lot, but I also don't think they're a guarantee to make the playoffs.  All of the teams above them save for maybe Charlotte have more talent, and the East is better overall this season. 

And if you look behind them, Orlando has more star power, and Detroit and the Knicks may actually be very close.  The Knicks have 2 guys who are better than anyone on our roster, so don't write them off.

I don't think they're winning 50.  Maybe with this team vs last year's East - but the conference is much better overall right now.

« Reply #277 on: December 01, 2015, 12:47:45 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Mike

The margin of victory number is encouraging.  That has me a little bit intrigued.  But this team lacks consistent shooting and on the nights where the 3 isn't falling, they really struggle.  No team can consistently give a max effort every night.  Otherwise they burn out. And they're not good enough to win on the nights where the defense isn't there.  Combine the 2 and they can lose to even the worst teams (i.e. Brooklyn and they should have lost to Philly).

I like this team a lot, but I also don't think they're a guarantee to make the playoffs.  All of the teams above them save for maybe Charlotte have more talent, and the East is better overall this season. 

And if you look behind them, Orlando has more star power, and Detroit and the Knicks may actually be very close.  The Knicks have 2 guys who are better than anyone on our roster, so don't write them off.

I don't think they're winning 50.  Maybe with this team vs last year's East - but the conference is much better overall right now.

Do the Knicks have a better team?

« Reply #278 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:01 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
just woke up

Same here .......couldn't see the game last night .

Wow .....kick butt win for C's

« Reply #279 on: December 01, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Soooo Nice to beat the cHeat (I will always call them that)...

Especially to see Bradley Switch on to Wade late--and OWN him Defensively---Won the game for us-!

And--------------How was THAT a foul on Amir----???
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #280 on: December 01, 2015, 03:06:45 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Did you guys see Wade crying like a baby again similar to that floor roll on his tummy?!? I can't stand that guy cries literally whenever someone makes a great defensive play on him and pouts
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2015, 03:06:54 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Soooo Nice to beat the cHeat (I will always call them that)...

Especially to see Bradley Switch on to Wade late--and OWN him Defensively---Won the game for us-!

And--------------How was THAT a foul on Amir----???

Cuz Celtics...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2015, 03:10:12 PM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 378
Wade is going to sit out whenever we put AB on him. We couldn't put AB on him all night b/c of GG but when he got on him CLAMPS! He clamped GG too, don't look at GG's points, most were not when AB was on him. Wouldn't even let him touch the ball! Great to watch.

Oh and he scored too. LOL

Yeah Boy----Glad we've held onto Bradley---Dude is Ballin-!
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2015, 04:34:24 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I still like Winslow .....but ....

He isn't worth FIVE Celtics first round picks ......don't believe he ll ever be all dat.

So.....in my mind .......Danny LUCKED out not getting the trade up ....

So......I wonder how many people still want Whitside Max contract on Celtics?   I did not see that he played any better than Sully ...who isn't a five .

Once teams LEARN Whitesides weaknesses, he gets a contract .....the shine is going to rub off this guy .    He is good ...but not a star player.

Oh......I also learned Dragic is NOT worth two firsts and 90 million contract........they paid 2 X too much ......Suns hosed the Heat

« Reply #284 on: December 01, 2015, 05:03:30 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
I still like Winslow .....but ....

He isn't worth FIVE Celtics first round picks ......don't believe he ll ever be all dat.

So.....in my mind .......Danny LUCKED out not getting the trade up ....

So......I wonder how many people still want Whitside Max contract on Celtics?   I did not see that he played any better than Sully ...who isn't a five .

Once teams LEARN Whitesides weaknesses, he gets a contract .....the shine is going to rub off this guy .    He is good ...but not a star player.

Oh......I also learned Dragic is NOT worth two firsts and 90 million contract........they paid 2 X too much ......Suns hosed the Heat

Ainge totally lucked out but not trading for Winslow. He's ok, but not a future star imo. More of a Harrison Barnes level talent.

Whiteside has Mark Blount 2.0 (after his big contract) written all over him.