Author Topic: James Young supposed to play in the Wizards game, slept on 'shoulder' wrong  (Read 5222 times)

Re: James Young supposed to play in the Wizards game, slept on 'shoulder' wrong
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2015, 08:18:55 PM »

Online Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
At his $1,750,000 salary he still earned $21,000 for the game  :o
Yup

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2015, 12:23:49 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It irritates me that two of our recent first-round picks (Melo and now Young) have turned into guys who can't play at all. I mean, having your mid-first turn into an unremarkable rotation stiff is fine, and it's probably the most likely outcome for most of them, but getting guys who can't play at all is just bad drafting. Fab Melo turned into a guy who has no place whatsoever on an NBA roster and honestly James Young doesn't look too far behind going the same route.

I understand that he's still 20 and all that, but how many NBA players have become productive after being complete zeros for their first two seasons? Young right now has a floor of out of the league by the end of next season and a ceiling of maybe a serviceable bench guy. This is not where you want the 17th pick in a decent draft to be.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2015, 12:28:40 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
James Young is still on this team?

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2015, 12:37:43 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
Seems like an ego problem to me. He probably doesn't want to be looked at as a garbage time player right now after being one of the best players on the court at all times of his life prior to this. But, hey, sometimes that's just what rookies have to do. You don't see Rozier, Hunter, or Mickey acting this way.

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2015, 01:15:52 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
2014 draft working out greeeeaaaat for us so far.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:26 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Let's pour a whole dump truck of cow manure on James Young's head. Holy crap. I don't even like Young and I almost feel bad for him.
  Seriously James need to read this someone Email him this thread. Maybe that will make him mad. Chime on Young...

« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2015, 02:17:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Let's pour a whole dump truck of cow manure on James Young's head. Holy crap. I don't even like Young and I almost feel bad for him.
  Seriously James need to read this someone Email him this thread. Maybe that will make him mad. Come on Young...

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2015, 02:57:07 AM »

Offline SchnellHanse

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
Meanwhile, Perry Jones is doing 16 Pts, 6 Reb in d-league and Marcus Thornton 18 Pts 5/8 from 3 and 5/5 free throw in Sydney  ::)   

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2015, 07:51:16 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Seriously James need to read this someone Email him this thread. Maybe that will make him mad. Chime on Young...
I have a feeling it would make him pout, which is part of the problem.

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2015, 08:25:29 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
why does the coach not know about an injury to a player until 6 minutes left in the game?
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Seems like an ego problem to me. He probably doesn't want to be looked at as a garbage time player right now after being one of the best players on the court at all times of his life prior to this. But, hey, sometimes that's just what rookies have to do. You don't see Rozier, Hunter, or Mickey acting this way.
Yup, being looked at as a player who can't even get off the pine is so much better.  ;D

Kids these days...
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2015, 08:35:50 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
why does the coach not know about an injury to a player until 6 minutes left in the game?

Yes, this is the real issue. Whatever else you think of Young, waiting until the coach wants to put him in the game to say you can't play is pretty bad.

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2015, 09:16:32 AM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
2014 draft working out greeeeaaaat for us so far.

Why has everyone been crapping on Smart the last couple of days? Offensively and shooting-wise, he's been crappy so far this year, but between his injuries and it being the start of the season, it's understandable that he hasn't got his flow in the offense yet. Other than that, I thought he's been outstanding defensively and other parts of the game, i.e. passing, moving off the ball, etc. He seems to be an easy target right now since he's injured, but I think he's one of our least concerns on our team right now.

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2015, 09:18:23 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

Yes, this is the real issue. Whatever else you think of Young, waiting until the coach wants to put him in the game to say you can't play is pretty bad.
He went through rehab that day as well.  There seems to be a real disconnect here.  If he couldn't play, he shouldn't have even been dressed. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2015, 01:26:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

He went through rehab that day as well.  There seems to be a real disconnect here.  If he couldn't play, he shouldn't have even been dressed. 

This is communication with the medical staff issue more than anything.