Author Topic: Okafor in trouble again  (Read 10417 times)

Okafor in trouble again
« on: November 29, 2015, 12:27:01 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Re: Okafor in trouble again
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 01:58:16 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I also just realized that he went out after a game in Philly last month and ended up having a gun pointed at him.  I thought that was part of the Boston incident, but it's not.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Okafor isn't exactly being a role model, but I think it only speaks to how dangerous the 76ers locker room has become. There is absolutely no one who can lead and tell players, "look you need to be accountable for every actions you do, and be aware of the consequences that come with it."

Do you think Garnett would've let half of the stunts Okafor has pulled, to fly by?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 02:04:11 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Someone needs better handlers.

I wish only the best for this kid but the Philly schadenfreude is pretty sweet I must say.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 02:06:23 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Okafor isn't exactly being a role model, but I think it only speaks to how dangerous the 76ers locker room has become. There is absolutely no one who can lead and tell players, "look you need to be accountable for every actions you do, and be aware of the consequences that come with it."

Do you think Garnett would've let half of the stunts Okafor has pulled, to fly by?

I don't know how impactful other guys could be, but it could be something much simpler: you know as a player that the team doesn't care about winning. So why practice hard? Why take care of your body or behave yourself?

Why do any of that when you're "job" is to go out and get shellacked by 30 every night anyway?

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2015, 02:08:29 PM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33
I gotta tell you, this Philly organization is ATROCIOUS, but this kid Okafor is going to be a very special player, he scores AT THE BASKET and nobody can defend a back to the basket player anymore.

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2015, 02:10:53 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
I gotta tell you, this Philly organization is ATROCIOUS, but this kid Okafor is going to be a very special player, he scores AT THE BASKET and nobody can defend a back to the basket player anymore.

not sure if you're trying to be tommy (given your username), but thats like exactly what he said in the philly game lol
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

I agree.  No adults in the locker room.

All of a sudden, Shirley Temple addictions don't look so bad.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 02:30:33 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
Player development has been pretty lame under the sure-thing Hinkie Plan. Embiid had issues too.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 02:33:55 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I don't know how impactful other guys could be, but it could be something much simpler: you know as a player that the team doesn't care about winning. So why practice hard? Why take care of your body or behave yourself?

Why do any of that when you're "job" is to go out and get shellacked by 30 every night anyway?
To blame Okafor's incidents on the Sixers losing or not having vet leadership is a convenient excuse.  Okafor's bad decisions are his own.  Lots of 19 year olds make similarly stupid decisions or worse.  Lots of athletes, young and old, make similarly stupid decisions or worse.   

They Sixers last four games, including against us, have all been 5 points or less.  They may not have won a game yet but I'd much rather be a young player on the Sixers than the Lakers. 

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 02:34:10 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
It's interesting because before the draft Okafor was mentioned as an extremely high character guy. It looked like the other player in the video was Noel, who was rumored to be difficult coming out of college. I wonder if Noel is a bad influence on him.

I think next year will be the first time you see veterans brought in to not only help mentor younger players, but to fill out the rotation.

With all the draft picks they have and Saric potentially coming over I predict Philly will move from the outright tanking to the team building part of their rebuild.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 02:37:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

I'm agreeing with what you're saying. My point is the 76ers environment is extremely toxic. Losing mentality doesn't really do any of the players like Okafor or Noel, who has such a high potential, justice.

I still think a veteran player is vital and necessary for players to mature through growing pains.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 02:39:12 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
It's interesting because before the draft Okafor was mentioned as an extremely high character guy. It looked like the other player in the video was Noel, who was rumored to be difficult coming out of college. I wonder if Noel is a bad influence on him.

I think next year will be the first time you see veterans brought in to not only help mentor younger players, but to fill out the rotation.

With all the draft picks they have and Saric potentially coming over I predict Philly will move from the outright tanking to the team building part of their rebuild.
I've seen it mentioned in a few articles that Christian Wood was the other player involved. 

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2015, 02:46:55 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

I've seen it mentioned in a few articles that Christian Wood was the other player involved.
Oh, that makes more sense. I saw an almost 7 foot tall skinny guy and assumed it was Noel, Wood fits the same description.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2015, 02:48:02 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I'm not casting stone at anybody 19 years old .  I did lots of totally stupid stuff that I look back and shake my head.

I agree it would be helpful to have some 30 + year old role models on the team.......but no we can't have that .....might mean they would win a few games. ::)