Poll

Would you trade Sully for Gay

Yes. The Mexican food is better in California.
4 (20%)
No. Sully loves Boston's Seafood.
12 (60%)
Yes, if Sully wants a huge contract.
4 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Would you trade Sullinger for Rudy Gay  (Read 1495 times)

Would you trade Sullinger for Rudy Gay
« on: November 28, 2015, 10:46:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 It really comes down to do you want to pay Sullinger 12 million or more per year. Sacramento could be open to a trade if they continue to play average basketball.
 We may have to sweeting it a little, but would you trade for a package built around Sully.

Re: Would you trade Sullinger for Rudy Gay
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 10:49:33 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
not sure if Gay's somewhat chucker attitude, coupled with his somewhat unwillingness to pass, would be the best thing for us.
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 10:51:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Rudy's contract is for 3 more years at only 12 million per year. He's 29 years old and averaging 18ppg and 7rpg on %453 %333 %804 shooting.

He would fill are biggest position of need albeit at 29 years old.

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:04 PM »

Offline jambr380

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1755
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Gay is a very good player on a contract that makes much more sense than his last, but he would also need to fully buy into Brad's system which makes me a little hesitant.

I would not mind paying Sully $12M per year if he could show he could play 30+ mpg while still maintaining his per 36 averages. I like Gay, but would not in this case think he would be more productive than our very own Sully who does fit in Brad's system.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
not sure if Gay's somewhat chucker attitude, coupled with his somewhat unwillingness to pass, would be the best thing for us.

I hear you, but you have to give it to coach Stevens to make him play the right way or he can watch Crowder or Turner play instead.

He fills multiple needs. Size athleticism, ability to create a shot, go to scorer that's not 5'10"

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 10:55:25 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can't remember doesn't Rudy have some player options in the contract? Like a 2 year opt out?

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 11:13:48 PM »

Offline Yenohb

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 73
He has a knack of ignoring open teammates to take difficult shots. Not a good fit on Brad's system.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 11:54:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
No.  Also, can we give the food thing with Sully a break for a while?  It's a little tiresome...

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2015, 12:09:22 AM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Sully is playing better for Brad's system than Rudy Gay right now, we are not going to win a title either way, Rudy Gay just got a big extension so we'd be stuck with him for awhile and lose a bunch of flexibility, we could very likely draft a 3 with the Nets' pick at the end of the season and Rudy Gay annoys me to watch.

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 12:33:35 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 323
No.  Also, can we give the food thing with Sully a break for a while?  It's a little tiresome...

I agree. We all get it; he's a big guy who loves food.

As for the proposed trade, not sure about Gay, but I'm definitely still wary of Sully having a bit of a breakthrough season in a contract year; I can see him getting $12-15M a year from Boston and then regressing.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2015, 12:42:37 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Sully is playing better for Brad's system than Rudy Gay right now, we are not going to win a title either way, Rudy Gay just got a big extension so we'd be stuck with him for awhile and lose a bunch of flexibility, we could very likely draft a 3 with the Nets' pick at the end of the season and Rudy Gay annoys me to watch.
I don't want Gay but his contract is not bad.  He gets 13.3mil next season and has a player option for 14.3mil the following season.  Sully on the other hand will be a RFA this offseason.  So we're probably going to have to give him something like 4yr/40mil to keep him.  I'd rather not do that either so hopefully Ainge will workout a better trade. 

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2015, 06:33:13 AM »

Offline YoungOne87

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 65
I don't want Gay but his contract is not bad.  He gets 13.3mil next season and has a player option for 14.3mil the following season.  Sully on the other hand will be a RFA this offseason.  So we're probably going to have to give him something like 4yr/40mil to keep him.  I'd rather not do that either so hopefully Ainge will workout a better trade.

10 mil per for sully would be a steal with the rising cap...

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2015, 08:15:42 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182

No we're not going to stop that until he does.

Anyway I don't think I would do that trade, Gay sounds like a good fit but he never wins anywhere he goes.