Author Topic: Celtics (9-7) at Magic (8-8) Game #17 11/29/15  (Read 23398 times)

Re: Celtics (9-7) at Magic (8-8) Game #17 11/29/15
« Reply #210 on: November 29, 2015, 10:04:36 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
What's up with them? I don't remember a game where more than 2 played well in a game.

That's the thing, when you have a bunch of just-OK guys who all play less than 28 minutes a game, you're not going to have much consistency, especially when your offense is designed to spread the ball around and not really focus on getting any one guy shot attempts.

I don't buy it, they did much better last season with the same minutes. I just checked, only Sully scores double figures (10.5) while NOT ONE of the others even gets 8pts per!

None of them deserve more minutes if you can't get 8pts per game, you don't need 25+ mins to score 8pts!

Can't beat people with the quality of our bigs. Gotta beat them with quantity. Have ALL of them run full speed all the time they're in there.

Sounds great in theory, tough to get guys to buy into that every game, especially if they frequently get down early against opposing starting units.  Easy to start questioning the game plan.

It's asking a lot for 10-12 guys to give 100% every minute they're on the floor every night.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #211 on: November 29, 2015, 10:10:42 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
What's up with them? I don't remember a game where more than 2 played well in a game.

That's the thing, when you have a bunch of just-OK guys who all play less than 28 minutes a game, you're not going to have much consistency, especially when your offense is designed to spread the ball around and not really focus on getting any one guy shot attempts.

I don't buy it, they did much better last season with the same minutes. I just checked, only Sully scores double figures (10.5) while NOT ONE of the others even gets 8pts per!

None of them deserve more minutes if you can't get 8pts per game, you don't need 25+ mins to score 8pts!

Can't beat people with the quality of our bigs. Gotta beat them with quantity. Have ALL of them run full speed all the time they're in there.

Sounds great in theory, tough to get guys to buy into that every game, especially if they frequently get down early against opposing starting units.  Easy to start questioning the game plan.

It's asking a lot for 10-12 guys to give 100% every minute they're on the floor every night.

This whole get down early against the starters is so overblown, for so long now b4 our first sub there hasn't been a real deficit of note by the starters. You guys make it seem like we get down 10 before a sub in every game. We are missing a go-to scorer off the bench though.

I won't look this up for sure, but I'm willing to bet that Sully, KO, Zeller, Bass and Jerebko ALL scored at LEAST 8pts per game last season! Tell me why Sully is the only one this season and he ONLY puts up 10.5!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #212 on: November 29, 2015, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

This whole get down early against the starters is so overblown, for so long now b4 our first sub there hasn't been a real deficit of note by the starters. You guys make it seem like we get down 10 before a sub in every game.

I won't look this up for sure, but I'm willing to bet that Sully, KO, Zeller, Bass and Jerebko ALL scored at LEAST 8pts per game last season! Tell me why Sully is the only one this season and he ONLY puts up 10.5!
Youre right. Starters battled back into the game. Than ETs terrible play took us out of it again.

« Reply #213 on: November 29, 2015, 10:36:26 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

How many minutes are they all playing?  My guess is that shorter minutes are the main reason.  Having IT and Bradley taking up most of the shots is probably another.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #214 on: November 29, 2015, 10:38:16 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

How many minutes are they all playing?  My guess is that shorter minutes are the main reason.  Having IT and Bradley taking up most of the shots is probably another.
and yet I was still left wondering why more plays were not run for AB.

« Reply #215 on: November 29, 2015, 10:40:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

I feel like Avery's always been better at scoring in the flow of the offense, not so much having plays set up for him.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2015, 10:52:38 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Seems that we tend to be better when we go small, similar to last year. Difficult to do without Smart's defensive versatility out there, though.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #217 on: November 29, 2015, 10:59:55 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Are you seriously telling me that are bigs aren't scoring like HOT GARBAGE? AB is taking the exact same number of shots per game as last season but shooting much better. IT4 is shooting worse from 3 and taking 6 more shots a game (who else is going to score). ET is shooting the same amount but horribly. Last few games of course Marcus hasn't shot once but he takes 2 shots more. So of the guards only 2 combine for 8 more shots and one has missed like half the games. Every time one of our bigs scored the ball successfully they got more shots and minutes. CBS isn't holding back minutes bc of the amount of bigs except for Zeller, we play the same amount of bigs this season (even gave Datome mins every now and then). They stink so they rotate in and out based on play, that's their fault!

You could get 8pts in 15 mins even if you're a bum, for none of them to do it, it's pretty sad.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #218 on: November 29, 2015, 11:00:35 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I feel like Avery's always been better at scoring in the flow of the offense, not so much having plays set up for him.
Unfortunately we have a team that can go cold. At that point I'm looking for more dribble hand offs or just action on Avery Bradley's side of the court. Otherwise I agree with you.

« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2015, 01:25:30 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
We just aren't very good. How long before Brad wants out?
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2015, 06:53:04 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323

I don't think he is that kind of guy.  I think he will want to make us better rather than bolt and run.   Who does that this early?   Only a mentally person would do that, IMHO.

« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2015, 07:46:50 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Don't think that's his nature yet he is too young..   Not the typical NBA coach t begin with .   Skipping from job to job , that's older coaches with no small childeren on they are on their third wife. 

Young coaches like a more stable job

Besides ,   Not many other teams have the storied history of the Celtics .   Basketball history is made in Boston and LA ......it's a Johnny come lately dream for other City's

« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2015, 08:42:44 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Don't think that's his nature yet he is too young..   Not the typical NBA coach t begin with .   Skipping from job to job , that's older coaches with no small childeren on they are on their third wife. 

Young coaches like a more stable job

Besides ,   Not many other teams have the storied history of the Celtics .   Basketball history is made in Boston and LA ......it's a Johnny come lately dream for other City's
Yes.  There is no reason for Brad to want out. His best career move is to stick with this 6-year contract and build his growing reputation as one of the best young coaches in the league.