Author Topic: If we get the #1 pick and Philly gets the #2 pick....  (Read 2395 times)

If we get the #1 pick and Philly gets the #2 pick....
« on: November 28, 2015, 03:07:11 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906
If we lucked out and got the #1 pick in the lottery and Philly got #2 or #3, how would you feel about a trade like this:

Boston: Philly #2 pick, Noel

Philly: Philly #1 pick, Rozier

This actually would work out pretty well for both sides. Philly could get a nice PG prospect and their man in Simmons, and we could fill our two biggest holes in center and small forward by grabbing Noel and picking Brown or Ingram in the draft.

What do you think? No? Yes? Not enough for Philly? Not enough for us?

Re: If we get the #1 pick and Philly gets the #2 pick....
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2015, 03:38:27 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 866
  • GOT IT!!!
If Simmons is the best talent since LeBron I'd rather have him. Elite wings are more important in today's basketball.

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2015, 04:06:03 AM »

Offline AngryAndIrritable

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 29
If Simmons is the best talent since LeBron I'd rather have him. Elite wings are more important in today's basketball.

Yup. A potentially transcendent 3 is much harder to come by than a defensive centre. I'd love to have Noel on my team, but as piece 2/3... not 1

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:30:39 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Hell no.
Simmons is the next big thing.

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 04:51:04 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
It's amazing that it even seems possible we can get the top pick this year.  I'm still trying to not get excited... But if we get a top 5 pick while making the playoffs, that'd be incredible.  I'm still waiting for Brooklyn to go on a run.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 05:08:34 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If we lucked out and got the #1 pick in the lottery and Philly got #2 or #3, how would you feel about a trade like this:

This actually would work out pretty well for both sides. Philly could get a nice PG prospect and their man in Simmons, and we could fill our two biggest holes in center and small forward by grabbing Noel and picking Brown or Ingram in the draft.

WHY would you even think about this after all you have heard about Simmons?

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2015, 05:17:28 AM »

Offline Rhyso

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 37
It's amazing that it even seems possible we can get the top pick this year.  I'm still trying to not get excited... But if we get a top 5 pick while making the playoffs, that'd be incredible.  I'm still waiting for Brooklyn to go on a run.

I'm with you on that, would rather temper expectations for that pick and be pleasently suprised if it happens. Not expecting anything better than the 5th pick, as Philly and LA are FAR worse teams, and with AD out the Pelicans could stay bad. Combine that with a higher team jumping into the top 3 and boom, 5th pick.

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2015, 07:42:25 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
ah I'd keep the pick if Simmons continues to look HOF caliber.
You can wait 10 years for Lebron level type guys to  come around.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2015, 08:15:36 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
There was a thread similar to this, using 2 and 4 for 1 i.e. we get 1 and Philly gets 2 with theirs and 4 with the Lakers, would you trade 1 for 2 and 4.  The general consensus was no, but historically 2 and 4 for 1 worked out more than you would think and that is with some terrible picks (i.e. if you made the right selection at 2 and 4, taking 2 and 4 would actually be better).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2015, 01:27:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

WHY would you even think about this after all you have heard about Simmons?

Well, many have said he will end up being a play-making 4 rather than a 3, which I'm less of a fan of. Also, it seems like at the beginning of each college season some player is heralded as the next coming of Lebron James, only for everyone to temper their expectations by midseason once he gets analyzed some more. Of course, we'll have to see how he looks all season long, but I'm guessing his value at the end of the season is going to be quite a bit lower than it is currently. If not, then I guess we just take Simmons!

« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2015, 01:37:55 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
I'm not a fan of trading Rozier at all.  In fact, I'd rather trade Smart.  I think Rozier ultimately ends up as the better all around player.  He's got the entire package for a stand out PG. 

Personally, I'd like to build around Rozier and Smart at the guard position.  Package up Bradley for a Big like Noel.

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 01:43:02 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
Skal seems like the consensus #2 at this point with a drop off after him, and I'm not sure he and Noel would fit.  If Minny got the #2 and offered it along with Levine, that might be worth considering.

Mike

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 02:45:46 PM »

Offline Bucketgetter

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 11
Skal seems like the consensus #2 at this point with a drop off after him, and I'm not sure he and Noel would fit.  If Minny got the #2 and offered it along with Levine, that might be worth considering.

Mike
No, if Minny gets the #2 pick then they will be fine taking Skal. He fits perfectly next to Towns.
CB Mock Deadline - Minnesota Timberwolves
Kemba Walker / Tyus Jones / Aaron Brooks
Jimmy Butler / Jamal Crawford / Treveon Graham
Rodney Hood / Nic Batum / Marcus Georges Hunt
Taj Gibson / Nemanja Bjelica / Jonas Jerebko
KAT / Derrick Favors / Cole Aldrich
Picks - 2018 CHA 1st (Lotto protected), none out

« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2015, 03:03:16 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343

It's obviously really early to say this, but so far Ben Simmons looks like a pick that shouldn't be traded unless there's a hugundous offer on the table. I like Noel a LOT, and if you'd asked me before the season started I probably would have gone along with this, but the way his season is going I just couldn't.

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2015, 03:13:26 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
After some thought I do this trade if it's..
 1, Philly second, and KO
For 2, better of the OKC/MIA 1st, and Noel.

No way giving them Rozier and moving down for just Noel. KO at least helps them in case Simmons is better at the 3. Hopeful C's sign Barnes. DA hits triples in the bottom of the first so moving up 4 spots is great.

Philly= Canaan, (Laker 1st)*, Simmons (1), KO, Okafor.
Good mix for Philly. The players should mix well if they get Murray via Lakers pick.
Bos=Smart/IT, AB/Hunter, Barnes/Crowder, AJ/Lab, Sully/Noel
Not sure who starts the young guys will battle the vets.