Author Topic: What are the chances that a matchup with the Celtics  (Read 954 times)

What are the chances that a matchup with the Celtics
« on: November 27, 2015, 10:36:58 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
What are the chances that a matchup with the Celtics will be the cause for second coach firing this year?

Re: What are the chances that a matchup with the Celtics
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 10:38:23 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
That could very well happen. They looked similar to how Houston looked when we stomped them, but we stomped Washington even worse. Wall doesn't look like he's really even trying right now.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 10:44:53 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
It wouldn't surprise me. Unlike McHale, Wittman is a pretty bad coach who has had an oddly high amount of playoff success for someone as inept as him. It looks like the players are starting to give up on him.

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 10:57:25 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
They mentioned Thibs, who would be perfect for them. Their defense would be stellar with him.

Also, say Howard becomes available from the Rockets, would a trade of Gortat, Oubre, and a future first be enough to get Howard on the downside of his career? Wouldn't the Rockets at least think about that with Oubre's potential next to Harden and Gortat's pick-and-roll ability and inside presence? Especially with the emergence of Cappella, it almost makes Howard dispensable.

I think the Wizards are weirdly setup to take the next step forward, but it probably starts with a coaching change.

I really hope Thibs goes to the West instead.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:05:22 PM by DefenseWinsChamps »