Author Topic: un connected  (Read 874 times)

un connected
« on: November 27, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
i hope this is not how too much depth effects the team concept,zeller looks morose on the bench and lost on the court,jerebko can't hit and may be pressing,amir is making the chief look animated,rozier couldn't inbound ball and thats a point guard and a 7 footer that thinks he is and will not close out in the paint while rj watches intently taking it all in and then does his job
.so the celts go from best bench in league to panic stations in the press and on this board-
hopefully home court and a turkey dinner has helped the players to settle down and play ball

« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 04:08:42 AM by rollie mass »

Re: un connected
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:52 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Mmm, turkey.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 06:23:29 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
i hope this is not how too much depth effects the team concept,zeller looks morose on the bench and lost on the court,jerebko can't hit and may be pressing,amir is making the chief look animated,rozier couldn't inbound ball and thats a point guard and a 7 footer that thinks he is and will not close out in the paint while rj watches intently taking it all in and does his job
.so the celts go from best bench in league to panic stations in the press and on this board-
hopefully home court and a turkey dinner has helped the players to settle down and play ball
rollie, patience please. give the team another week or two and i am sure the performers and non-performers will be different. and who knows who will be on the team after the trade deadline?

this is one of the down periods of what will be a typical up and down season for a team that plays roughly .500 ball.

15 games into the season is no time to push the panic button. let's wait until game 20, then do a calm assessment of progress to date.

p.s. mmmm turkey.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 06:42:38 PM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2015, 04:04:17 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
no thanksgiving here in england, just Norman Rockwell memories of traditional new england thanksgiving
 the linen table cloth,silver and crystal,the battered turkey pan and my mothers gravy
 the high school football game
Lexington vs Concord
and i forgot my mothers secret stuffing,that my father the carver religiously forgot
soooo no turkey but i had my celtic game, watched quietly downstairs because of time difference
THE GAME starts at 12:30 an inconvenience but worth it last night-my wife thinks i'm mad-
I try to tell here what it is to be a Celtic fan

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2015, 08:43:00 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
THE GAME starts at 12:30 an inconvenience but worth it last night-my wife thinks i'm mad-
I try to tell here what it is to be a Celtic fan

Can you watch them on tape delay? If so, just avoid seeing the score. Maybe wait for the playoff games to stay up all night.

I've been watching every game. There have been only one or two where I also did other things because they were not fun to watch!

Too bad Marcus is injured, but it is forcing the other players to learn Brad's system. I agree with you Zeller is getting a raw deal, but not only is it a number's game, the team doesn't seem ready to add that one type of piece who doesn't ball handle nor pass. I think Zeller's time will come.

He might be traded. I can't see Danny leaving the imbalance at PF for much longer. Then again, when haven't we had too many pf's? It was sad to watch Humphries last night. He made a cheap elbow foul towards the end on Tyler. Maybe Pierce as glue was that important to Washington. Gortat seems to have lost a step or two. That wouldn't have worked out if we got him. I don't think so, not how he is playing now. He is the Amir Johnson of the Wizards. He is good but past the freshness date.

It looks like we own Washington. That could be two teams we have personally destroyed or perhaps three. Boston ruined the Rockets. We might have ruined Philly with the comeback then Okafor getting into trouble. We were missing Smart and still destroyed Washington by almost 40 points. It was a 38 point lead. We crushed their spirit. That was a great game. It'd be nice to play Washington in the playoffs. We would probably advance that round.

Oh, to add a little. Zeller isn't helping his cause by being mediocre or worse on defense. I see him as a Nenad Krstic. He will be serviceable at best on defense, but he could get you 20 points once in a while rather easily.

Zeller would fit in well within an old-school Tommy Heinsohn run, run, run system. His ceiling is pretty good if he can survive the trading season, imho. It's definitely a bit awkward right now, especially when one sees David Lee getting blocked all the time and stripped of the ball. He is reminding me of when Pierce first had his drop-off. But Doc didn't care. Rivers' style was to run players into the ground, then move to another city as long as he can still coach a stacked roster.

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2015, 09:10:42 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
tp  for a nice post--i'm too tough/stubborn
if they are playin i'm watching