Author Topic: SF draft choice: If not Simmons, I like Justin Jackson  (Read 3425 times)

Re: SF draft choice: If not Simmons, I like Justin Jackson
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
How good of a shooter is Jackson? Are his mechanics good? If we are going to upgrade at the 3 we need to draft a player with the potential to defend at a high level and shoot better than Jae Crowder from 3, that or be able to create offense for themselves.

I wouldn't compare Hayes to Jackson, because Hayes is going to be a 4 in the NBA while Jackson will be a 3.

Exactly Hayes is like a bass in the NBA. Cross between bass and that 9th pick, now with the blazers

Jackson is an upgrade over Crowder and Turner at the SF spot imo.  He is 2nd coming of Tashayun Prince.  Lots of similiraties. Better looking shooting stroke. Both have high IQ, high motor, size/length as a sf
I'll have to look into Jackson.

I think Hayes is going to be a much better professional player than Bass. He's the perfect stretch 4 for the modern NBA, very similar proportions to Draymond.

Reminds me more of Thad Young.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 11:53:03 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
How good of a shooter is Jackson? Are his mechanics good? If we are going to upgrade at the 3 we need to draft a player with the potential to defend at a high level and shoot better than Jae Crowder from 3, that or be able to create offense for themselves.

I wouldn't compare Hayes to Jackson, because Hayes is going to be a 4 in the NBA while Jackson will be a 3.

Exactly Hayes is like a bass in the NBA. Cross between bass and that 9th pick, now with the blazers

Jackson is an upgrade over Crowder and Turner at the SF spot imo.  He is 2nd coming of Tashayun Prince.  Lots of similiraties. Better looking shooting stroke. Both have high IQ, high motor, size/length as a sf

Odds of Jackson ever being as good as Crowder or Turner are low.    He's got a good motor and length but not the skill set.  That may come, players do improve, but many never get it.  I think DE has got him slotted about right.

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2015, 12:00:53 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He can score the ball. He's also young and has a really nice feel for the game -- did it in a lot of ways late last season/tourney time as a Freshman. If UNC goes on a run, he'll likely be a big piece as a go-to scorer.  His %age won't wow you, but he can and will most assuredly shoot the 3, too.

Not suggesting he's even an early 1st-round prospect or anything, just more or less saying...

Paige is back and dem boys took out Maryland tonight.  Tar...Heeeeels!!
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2015, 11:53:26 AM »

Offline MSceltic

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 23
Anyone else think Jackson has a very strange posture?