Author Topic: Does anyone want to trade for Kris Middleton? What would it take?  (Read 3767 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Think hes better suited at the 3. But can play the 2. I would just rather have someone like Middleton who can definitely guard all positions, switch on screens due to his length, and just someone really tall, that can shoot, and defend 1-4.

I also think Avery Bradley would be the perfect player on their team. Hes not a better shooter, but I think if Jason Kidd supposedly wants to run a faster offense, Bradley is a perfect guy to fit in on that team.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks/jason-kidd-wants-bucks-to-play-much-faster-b99622554z1-353486601.html

Just curious if the fact of the matter is Middleton got exactly what he wanted; a max contract. Is he worth it?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Re: Does anyone want to trade for Kris Middleton? What would it take?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2015, 11:06:49 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I'd be delighted to trade A.Bradley for K.Middleton.

Comfortable enough with Middleton's contract given increasing salary cap.

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2015, 11:26:33 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Seconded.

Still young, can play both wing positions, a career 40% 3PT shooter and a good defender. I'm on board with it. I'd even add a second round pick or two to make the deal done in an instant.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 11:38:19 AM »

Offline CsBanner18

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 21
I'd be on board with trading for Middleton.

I'd be willing to give up Bradley, Jerebko, & a first for Middleton.

The first round pick would likely be the MIN 2016 1st, depending on the value of the Dallas pick and our pick at the time of the trade

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 12:38:59 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can see MCW, a exemption and Middleton for IT, JJ and AB. C's can then try to move MCW, Dallas 1st and Lee to Rockets for Dekker, Capela and Lawson. Rockets still need a starting PG and Lawson is a off the bench type with his style. Lawson for C's takes the IT role off the bench. Turner can start next to Smart again which works well enough. C's upgrade SF depth by a lot with Middleton and Dekker. Add a defensive athletic center to help and these two trades are Homers if done together.

Smart/Lawson/Rozier
Turner/Hunter/Young
Middelton/Crowder/Dekker
AJ/ KO/ Mickey
Sully/Capela/Zeller

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 01:57:16 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Don't get me wrong I like Middleton, but I think we're dreaming completely about getting anybody from the Bucks.  I think half the reason they got Monroe was because they told him, we're going to keep everybody.  They have a great young team and only going to get better. 

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 02:37:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
Cheaper to wait out Hunter another year , see if his offense takes off.

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 02:56:58 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I can see MCW, a exemption and Middleton for IT, JJ and AB. C's can then try to move MCW, Dallas 1st and Lee to Rockets for Dekker, Capela and Lawson. Rockets still need a starting PG and Lawson is a off the bench type with his style. Lawson for C's takes the IT role off the bench. Turner can start next to Smart again which works well enough. C's upgrade SF depth by a lot with Middleton and Dekker. Add a defensive athletic center to help and these two trades are Homers if done together.

Smart/Lawson/Rozier
Turner/Hunter/Young
Middelton/Crowder/Dekker
AJ/ KO/ Mickey
Sully/Capela/Zeller

Why on gods green earth would anyone want Ty Lawson? Especially in a package for a good starting point guard, a potential lottery bound first, and a big expiring? I don't care what prospect come back. I wouldnt touch him with a 15,000 foot pole. His presence is a huge reason the Rockets are off to such a dreadful start.

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 02:58:20 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Seconded.

Still young, can play both wing positions, a career 40% 3PT shooter and a good defender. I'm on board with it. I'd even add a second round pick or two to make the deal done in an instant.

I'd be delighted as well... I'd even package a back end of the round first with Bradley to get Middleton.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 03:08:58 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
Something like Bradley and JJ for Middleton does make sense for both sides. The Bucks have a problem with Middleton, Ante, and Parker all really being threes (Parker possibly a 4), but switching out Middleton for Bradley would be an excellent maneuver for them to clear out that logjam and define roles, while not losing any talent. That would give them a lineup of:

PG: MCW, Vasquez
SG: Bradley, Bayless
SF: Ante, Mayo
PF: Parker, JJ
C: Monroe, Henson

If we're intent on starting IT, this would also be good for us giving us a lineup of:

PG: IT, Turner
SG: Smart, Hunter
SF: Middleton, Crowder
PF: Sully, KO
C: Amir, Lee

That pushes Crowder back to the bench and gives us more size in the starting lineup to compensate for IT's height.

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 03:21:49 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Smart/Lawson/Rozier
Turner/Hunter/Young
Middelton/Crowder/Dekker
AJ/ KO/ Mickey
Sully/Capela/Zeller

Why on gods green earth would anyone want Ty Lawson? Especially in a package for a good starting point guard, a potential lottery bound first, and a big expiring? I don't care what prospect come back. I wouldnt touch him with a 15,000 foot pole. His presence is a huge reason the Rockets are off to such a dreadful start.
Funny I was going to say the same thing about MCW.  He is a lousy starting point guard and is a big reason for the Bucks underperforming.  I watched the Bucks/Kings game recently.  It was funny seeing how much Rondo played off MCW when defending him.  It made me wonder if the illegal defense rule was changed. 

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 03:29:25 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Don't know enough about Middleton to comment, so just a question for
supporters of this idea.

What about Middleton other than his size is a reason to do this trade?

Good page for looking at when players are eligible for trades:  http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/11/special-trade-eligibility-dates.html

Middleton not until January 15th, Gallinari not until February...
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:48:43 PM by wiley »

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 06:27:11 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Don't know enough about Middleton to comment, so just a question for
supporters of this idea.

What about Middleton other than his size is a reason to do this trade?

Good page for looking at when players are eligible for trades:  http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2015/11/special-trade-eligibility-dates.html

Middleton not until January 15th, Gallinari not until February...

Middleton is a 40% 3pt shooter that has excellent shooting stroke/mechanics, and is a good 3 and D player with the versatility to guard 1-4 positions. I always said if he bulked up, he could be like a better shooting, with lesser defense, version of Draymond Green.

While his impact defensively isn't as resolute or resounding, Middleton offers plenty of useful attributes. Good attitude, hard worker, seems to have great locker room chemistry with all of his teammates, great passer for his position, (someone on the Bucks blog once posted Middleton had really high passing percentage, but none that resulted in an assist, I'll find it later!) and great ability to guard the 2 and 3 extremely well due to his length/wingspan.

I just suggested this trade, simply cause Middleton in my opinion should be a 3. He should only be a 2, if there isn't any room for him, because I just don't like making him a spot up or catch and shoot. Middleton can score in the low post, and can also hit fade away mid range jumpers.

I also always felt Middleton could score 16+ if he took more shots, considering he hasn't taken more shots than Avery Bradley, who has taken more shots in lower minutes. With Monroe, Parker, and Giannis, I always wondered if they had too much talent in the 3 spot. I don't like Parker at the 4, but if the Bucks want to run a faster offense, Monroe at the 5, and Parker at the 4 makes sense. Bradley could fit perfectly in their offense, plus it gives a guy that will hustle on defense, and set the tone by being a pest. Middleton doesn't have the same speed as Bradley, but uses his length extremely well to bother scorers on offense.

A back court of Smart, and Middleton could actually really work well. It allows Crowder to focus mainly on defending the Small forwards and just make the right play without having to score consistently. 

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 07:04:08 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Why would MIL trade him? Thread after thread about trading for guys who are loved. Come on folks -- come up with ideas for guys who aren't in good stead.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 07:16:06 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Why would MIL trade him? Thread after thread about trading for guys who are loved. Come on folks -- come up with ideas for guys who aren't in good stead.

Just because someone was given a max doesn't always mean its a guarantee their staying.

Things can happen in a flick of a wrist.

Also there is an influx of talented 3's, eventually someone or something is gotta give, especially if the Bucks fail to make the playoffs. Which may or may not happen.