Author Topic: Okafor punches Boston fan  (Read 12417 times)

Re: Okafor punches Boston fan
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2015, 09:21:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
I don't understand why people would talk **** to guy twice their size. If Okafor wasn't in the NBA no one would get in his face and talk smack, but because he's an athlete people b think they can get away with it. Hopefully that guy learned not to antagonize people bigger than him.

BTW the other guy was almost as tall as Okafor and really skinny, probably Noel. Since Noel is from here I bet him  and Jah went to meet some friends.

They don't call alcohol 'bottled courage' for nothing.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2015, 09:29:01 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Heckling someone is really dumb and annoying, but Okafor seems like an ****.

And I don´t think that just because of this incident. He seems so angry in every interview, like for example in yesterday´s game when Abby interviewed him.

I agree with this.

I've only watched a couple of his games, and he's probably got the worst body language of any NBA player I've ever seen.  Yelling/blaming teammates because they didn't get him the ball, complaining instead of playing, p---ed off attitude because he knows his team is gonna lose, etc.

I understand he's a good player and a certain level of attitude/cockiness/aggression comes with that, but I don't see any reason why a player like him, who hasn't proved anything, should be acting like that.  Why would you want to come off looking like you feel entitled?  Same feeling I had with Royce White and the accommodations BS.  You gotta prove yourself a good player in the league for a few years before you pull crap that like.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2015, 09:38:02 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
He does, but I think his monotone voice and his dead eye stare kind of gives that perception.

I mean obviously hes young, so lets just give him the benefit of the doubt to grow and mature as a person.

He did get drafted by a team that's dead set on tanking once again, so the morale and absolutely no leadership on that team, so we'll see what happens when he does indeed mature.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2015, 09:46:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
If you're the best player on your basketball team that just happens to be 0-16 and lost another game, do you go clubbing in a sports-mad city the day before thanksgiving?

Asking for trouble.

I'm not from Boston, I have friends from Boston I like going out in Boston and the surrounding suburbs.

But I wouldn't call it a friendly place to get drunk necessarily. Not if you're not from there. I'm not surprised this happened. If you're okay with mixing it up its really easy to find in Boston.

Mmm I'm not from Boston either but having been out there at that club and others several times its not where you should go if you're an NBA player from an out of town 0-16 team who just had a frustrating loss.

Just stay at the hotel and enjoy the thanksgiving break without the whole booth and bottle service thing.

Several times its been mentioned by me and others on here that Philly suffer from a lack of veteran presence. These are the times when that sort of guy on the team is important.

True!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #49 on: November 27, 2015, 12:10:35 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Averaging 18 and 8 one what might end up the worst NBA team in history does not make you a superstar.

Some folks here think a guy who is 10 and  8 is a borderline all star.   I agree, it is not.

« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2015, 12:45:44 AM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 532
This is a guy who I'm sure has been a superstar ever since he first started playing youth basketball.  He's probably won big at every single level and is now stuck in the hole that is the Sixers.  If I were their owner, I'd be worried.  This is a great way to screw up a kid who's going to be a perennial all star.  He was the best player on the floor last night.

From Coach K and Duke to 0-16 and counting.  I'd be ticked off too.

As for the lunk heads who got involved with him, they're probably thinking they hit the jackpot.  They'll get a nice chunk of change to forget this ever happened.

As far as the black white thing - non issue.  The clubs want the athletes there and from my own experience the people in the clubs for the most part like having them here.

But I think the Sixers deserve a lot of blame.  This shouldn't happen during the season.  They should at the very least have a vet on the roster to help mentor the kid for year 1 and/or have someone available to keep an eye on him during road trips.  This kid is the future of their franchise.  They really seem like a total crap organization.

« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2015, 01:50:28 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
stay classy boston!

The 6ers must get heckled by fans in every city they go to. yet another reason its going to be hard for them to resign anyone.

« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2015, 02:22:10 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ah yes, another case of a black guy using the N word. Postracial America at its finest.

Oh brother.

Oh brother, what? I still can't see why it's okay for blacks to use the N word, or why they'd want to use it.

I'm not surprised that you don't get it.

This thread isn't in the current events forum and I'm too tired from turkey and alcohol to write a primer on the racial politics of word choice.  I'm not qualified for it anyhow.  I'll bet this one is a really easy question to Google, though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:15 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, it's really stupid.

At the same time, I understand young guys losing their cool due to constant losing.  Okafor is a competitive kid who just expressed that in a really bad way.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2015, 08:16:11 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Yes, it's really stupid.

At the same time, I understand young guys losing their cool due to constant losing.  Okafor is a competitive kid who just expressed that in a really bad way.

Smarts done similar things. I'd rather have a kid with some chipiness to him than a Jeff Green who shows up from time to time. It's only when you have a Cousins who does it time in and time out for years that you start to worry.

That being said, maybe now Philly will think he's a disgruntle big that needs to be moved and DA can get him on the cheap! LOL. 

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2015, 08:37:26 AM »

Online trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 616
Yes, it's really stupid.

Smarts done similar things. I'd rather have a kid with some chipiness to him than a Jeff Green who shows up from time to time. It's only when you have a Cousins who does it time in and time out for years that you start to worry.

That being said, maybe now Philly will think he's a disgruntle big that needs to be moved and DA can get him on the cheap! LOL.

Yeah, shame it happened in Boston...
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2015, 09:36:46 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Yes, it's really stupid.

I don't worry too much about DMC, either. He doesn't pick up any more technicals than Griffin or Durant, and he has never had legal problems.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2015, 09:45:40 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Boston has enough trouble drawing interest from free agents, now we have idiots in the street baiting players, and acting like axxholes.

Okafor now has a problem, and a story to tell other players about how classy the fans are in Boston.

« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2015, 10:37:14 AM »

Offline CelticD

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Boston has enough trouble drawing interest from free agents, now we have idiots in the street baiting players, and acting like axxholes.

Okafor now has a problem, and a story to tell other players about how classy the fans are in Boston.

not tryna take sides necessarily, but saying an opposing team sucks is pretty normal in the sports world lol

« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2015, 11:18:59 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
so, at what point do all these high draft picks pay off with wins for the sixers? seems like they are in perpetual tank mode no matter who they draft. at some point you have to try and win games and start to build something.