Author Topic: Okafor punches Boston fan  (Read 12476 times)

Re: Okafor punches Boston fan
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2015, 07:21:27 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Ah yes, another case of a black guy using the N word. Postracial America at its finest.

Oh brother.

Oh brother, what? I still can't see why it's okay for blacks to use the N word, or why they'd want to use it.

Try saying "black people" to get those darn 1960s stains out of your rhetoric. Your point might be taken more seriously then.

Wow. This is absurd. "Blacks" is wrong? Do you think that by saying "blacks" I'm not validating them as people? Because that's clearly not my intention. Is "whites" also wrong? How sensitive have people become?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2015, 07:21:57 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As someone marveling at Philly's intentional/temporary train wreck, I wouldn't mind seeing okafor suspended for a few games by the team to see how Noel plays in his absence.  Noel has been horrible so far and it seems to be a result of playing next to okafor. It would be interesting to see for sure if that's the case... I'm anxiously awaiting philly to trade one of those guys but I suspect there's no point in them doing it until this offseason. They have every incentive to lose right now.

LA should've drafted Okafor, Philly gets Russell. Made sense then, makes more sense now.
Lakers overthought that.   Russell for Okafor right now... Which team says no?

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2015, 07:22:56 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
As someone marveling at Philly's intentional/temporary train wreck, I wouldn't mind seeing okafor suspended for a few games by the team to see how Noel plays in his absence.  Noel has been horrible so far and it seems to be a result of playing next to okafor. It would be interesting to see for sure if that's the case... I'm anxiously awaiting philly to trade one of those guys but I suspect there's no point in them doing it until this offseason. They have every incentive to lose right now.

LA should've drafted Okafor, Philly gets Russell. Made sense then, makes more sense now.

76ers.

I like Russell, but he was supposed to be a top 7 pick.

I always felt like Mudiay, Winslow, and possibly Kristap if given the time to develop to be better prospects.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2015, 07:35:38 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Okafor shouldn't have paid attention to this loser...
to be fair, the guy was pointing out the Sixers are losers.

guess it's safe to say Okafor won't be coming to Boston when he hits free agency

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2015, 08:05:39 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
lol if this is true then the one person Oak needs to be worried about is his father...

He comes from a good family.

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2015, 08:12:03 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Ah yes, another case of a black guy using the N word. Postracial America at its finest.

Oh brother.

Oh brother, what? I still can't see why it's okay for blacks to use the N word, or why they'd want to use it.

Try saying "black people" to get those darn 1960s stains out of your rhetoric. Your point might be taken more seriously then.

Wow. This is absurd. "Blacks" is wrong? Do you think that by saying "blacks" I'm not validating them as people? Because that's clearly not my intention. Is "whites" also wrong? How sensitive have people become?

No one is more or less sensitive than they've ever been. We're just hearing a larger array of voices now that haven't ever been allowed to speak or demonstrate on this scale. I can understand why this might be overwhelming for someone who grew up in a culture in which only White American voices were encouraged.

Anyways, back to the topic. Okafor is a kid, and if anything I'm glad to see that he's frustrated. That's what you want in your star. He'll be fine.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2015, 08:18:10 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777

Oh brother.

Both are fine, depending on context.

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2015, 08:20:10 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
If you're the best player on your basketball team that just happens to be 0-16 and lost another game, do you go clubbing in a sports-mad city the day before thanksgiving?

Asking for trouble.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2015, 08:32:21 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Okafor shouldn't have paid attention to this loser...
to be fair, the guy was pointing out the Sixers are losers.

guess it's safe to say Okafor won't be coming to Boston when he hits free agency

Just because some drunk idiot forcibly turned Okafor the wrong way, if BOS was a lucrative free agent destination, then Okafor would be dumb just to ignore or turn his head away from us because of that one incident.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2015, 08:48:10 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If you're the best player on your basketball team that just happens to be 0-16 and lost another game, do you go clubbing in a sports-mad city the day before thanksgiving?

Asking for trouble.

I'm not from Boston, I have friends from Boston I like going out in Boston and the surrounding suburbs.

But I wouldn't call it a friendly place to get drunk necessarily. Not if you're not from there. I'm not surprised this happened. If you're okay with mixing it up its really easy to find in Boston.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2015, 08:53:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

Oh brother.

How I was raised, "whites" would also be wrong.  "Black people" and "white people" are the way to go.  I mean, no one can tell you what to say, but if you care about not offending people and having them listen to what you say, I strongly recommend those words.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:03:40 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2015, 08:55:22 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

76ers.

I like Russell, but he was supposed to be a top 7 pick.

I always felt like Mudiay, Winslow, and possibly Kristap if given the time to develop to be better prospects.

I have to say, was never that excited by Russell from what I saw pre-draft.

I just saw too much Jordan Crawford in his game.  Never saw him as a star potential guy.  Plenty of time for me to be proven wrong though (I've certainly been wrong before).

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2015, 09:03:32 PM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 376
Okafor was drunk as he!!, totally slurring his words, and he was not defending himself.  He went after those guys.  Hope it was worth it Jahlil.

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2015, 09:06:45 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

Asking for trouble.

I'm not from Boston, I have friends from Boston I like going out in Boston and the surrounding suburbs.

But I wouldn't call it a friendly place to get drunk necessarily. Not if you're not from there. I'm not surprised this happened. If you're okay with mixing it up its really easy to find in Boston.

Mmm I'm not from Boston either but having been out there at that club and others several times its not where you should go if you're an NBA player from an out of town 0-16 team who just had a frustrating loss.

Just stay at the hotel and enjoy the thanksgiving break without the whole booth and bottle service thing.

Several times its been mentioned by me and others on here that Philly suffer from a lack of veteran presence. These are the times when that sort of guy on the team is important.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2015, 09:13:56 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I don't understand why people would talk Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. to guy twice their size. If Okafor wasn't in the NBA no one would get in his face and talk smack, but because he's an athlete people b think they can get away with it. Hopefully that guy learned not to antagonize people bigger than him.

BTW the other guy was almost as tall as Okafor and really skinny, probably Noel. Since Noel is from here I bet him  and Jah went to meet some friends.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19