Author Topic: Okafor punches Boston fan  (Read 12425 times)

Re: Okafor punches Boston fan
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2015, 04:45:01 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Get a video of Okafor at the draft when he was picked by the sixers, and then at the introduction when he threw down his jersey. These are tell tale signs all excuses and explanations notwithstanding. I am not shocked to hear about this.

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2015, 05:12:23 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Okafor is just a little kid. He's gonna have to hear all the hecklings in every city he visits.

Now that eliminates any chance of him being traded to the Celtics, eh  ;D ;D ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2015, 05:44:15 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Ah yes, another case of a black guy using the N word. Postracial America at its finest.

Oh brother.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
I'm still trying to get my head around the articlue referring to Okafor (multiple times) as an "NBA Superstar". 

Puh-lease. 

Averaging 18 and 8 one what might end up the worst NBA team in history does not make you a superstar.

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Ah yes, another case of a black guy using the N word. Postracial America at its finest.

::) ::) ::) ::)

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2015, 05:57:06 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
As someone marveling at Philly's intentional/temporary train wreck, I wouldn't mind seeing okafor suspended for a few games by the team to see how Noel plays in his absence.  Noel has been horrible so far and it seems to be a result of playing next to okafor. It would be interesting to see for sure if that's the case... I'm anxiously awaiting philly to trade one of those guys but I suspect there's no point in them doing it until this offseason. They have every incentive to lose right now.

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2015, 05:58:35 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
As someone marveling at Philly's intentional/temporary train wreck, I wouldn't mind seeing okafor suspended for a few games by the team to see how Noel plays in his absence.  Noel has been horrible so far and it seems to be a result of playing next to okafor. It would be interesting to see for sure if that's the case... I'm anxiously awaiting philly to trade one of those guys but I suspect there's no point in them doing it until this offseason. They have every incentive to lose right now.

LA should've drafted Okafor, Philly gets Russell. Made sense then, makes more sense now.

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2015, 06:02:21 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Heckling someone is really dumb and annoying, but Okafor seems like an ****.

And I don´t think that just because of this incident. He seems so angry in every interview, like for example in yesterday´s game when Abby interviewed him.

I'm trying really hard to think of a swear word that is four letters starting with a vowel.  I only have one guess but it seems pretty unlikely

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2015, 06:03:55 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990

LA should've drafted Okafor, Philly gets Russell. Made sense then, makes more sense now.

Oh well, as long as it screws up LA with Russell I'm perfectly fine with that.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2015, 06:17:49 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
That's disappointing.  Gotta learn to stay away from fans on the street, especially in 'enemy' territory.

Now that eliminates any chance of him being traded to the Celtics, eh  ;D ;D ;D

I think the fact he's the Sixers only player who looks like he can be a franchise cornerstone is reason enough.  Philly ain't trading him.

But I would still take him in Boston, despite this, pending some level of contrition.

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2015, 06:22:41 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84
Heckling someone is really dumb and annoying, but Okafor seems like an ****.

And I don´t think that just because of this incident. He seems so angry in every interview, like for example in yesterday´s game when Abby interviewed him.

I'm trying really hard to think of a swear word that is four letters starting with a vowel.  I only have one guess but it seems pretty unlikely

It was an abbreviation of something that produces fecal matter from the human body.

Hey-Ooo

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2015, 06:25:42 PM »

Online jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

The only problem with keeping him is lowering his trade value. If he plays all year out of position and looks as bad as he has recently, it's going to really hurt his trade value.

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2015, 06:30:41 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

Oh brother.

Oh brother, what? I still can't see why it's okay for blacks to use the N word, or why they'd want to use it.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2015, 06:33:26 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Has anyone said that Okafor is only 19 any getting drink in bars. It's so weird he's 280 pounds and 19.

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2015, 06:41:49 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367

Oh brother.

Oh brother, what? I still can't see why it's okay for blacks to use the N word, or why they'd want to use it.

Try saying "black people" to get those darn 1960s stains out of your rhetoric. Your point might be taken more seriously then.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/