Author Topic: Sports Illustrated tells us what we already know  (Read 947 times)

Sports Illustrated tells us what we already know
« on: November 26, 2015, 01:27:14 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

Re: Sports Illustrated tells us what we already know
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 02:18:34 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Was enjoying that article but couldn't quite get through it thanks to SI's gratuitous advertising campaigns....

Do you really need to pop up full screen ads that many times in one article? 
Does the Sports Illustrated logo really need to take 1/3 of the screen real estate?   
And if your going to use 1/3 of my screen for your logo, do you really need to take the bottom 1/3 as well for pop-up ads?   

The user experience feels like being infected with a virus, but i guess what can you expect from print media dinosaurs clinging to a defunct business model?

And with that, I will never EVER go to SI's website again.   

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 04:06:34 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Was enjoying that article but couldn't quite get through it thanks to SI's gratuitous advertising campaigns....

Does the Sports Illustrated logo really need to take 1/3 of the screen real estate?   
And if your going to use 1/3 of my screen for your logo, do you really need to take the bottom 1/3 as well for pop-up ads?   

The user experience feels like being infected with a virus, but i guess what can you expect from print media dinosaurs clinging to a defunct business model?

You were lucky you didn't get a virus .....all those magazine and tabloid sites are bad news for PC.

I got rid of my PC and went with Apple ......I now avoid most of that virus , and all the rest that locks up a computer? 

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 04:59:38 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

You were lucky you didn't get a virus .....all those magazine and tabloid sites are bad news for PC.

I got rid of my PC and went with Apple ......I now avoid most of that virus , and all the rest that locks up a computer?

Yes but now you have to use an Apple?  :P
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.