Author Topic: Evan Turner is hilarious  (Read 3557 times)

Evan Turner is hilarious
« on: November 26, 2015, 07:52:19 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
On the game winner last night:

"I was like, 'Oh snap, Im at 15 feet, Im about to end this.' And then I thought about [Michael Jordan] passing to Steve Kerr. And I thought, 'Well, let me add that to my legacy. Ill pass one time.' And that was it. It was unbelievable actually. Ingenious by me."

"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

Re: Evan Turner is hilarious
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
TP-thanks that is funny

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 09:36:17 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
at least his coach doesnt have to invest any time in building up his confidence. that is one funny quote.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 10:28:36 AM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
at least his coach doesnt have to invest any time in building up his confidence. that is one funny quote.  ;D

That is one of the many things that I really like about Turner. He has confidence (too much some might argue).

He is not afraid of the big stage, not afraid of the big shot, not afraid to take free throws in crunch time and not afraid to take it to the rim.

Despite what a lot of folk think, Stevens trusts him and seems to depend on and truly like him. I hope he stays around after this year on a reasonable deal.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »

Offline billysan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 178
Despite what a lot of folk think, Stevens trusts him and seems to depend on and truly like him. I hope he stays around after this year on a reasonable deal.

Yeah I would also like to see Turner stay around. The question is "How grateful is he for Danny giving him a real chance to revive his career?" My guess is that Danny will keep him if he is reasonable but what is that number? His versatility is so valuable to this team.
"First fix their hearts" -Eizo Shimabuku

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 12:56:42 PM »

Offline NHHillbilly

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 20
After the Philly game, Steven's was asked why he started Turner in the second half.  He said Turner "is always in the right place on defense" and even though he had a bad shooting night, he made enough shots to keep them in the game.  I hope Turner and the Celtics can agree to a new contract to stay around.  We need a star to win a championship, but Turner is a plus as a rotation player.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 01:13:59 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
This is still his best/worst quote ever. When a reporter asked him about the Philly fans booing him in his return to Philly last year, he had this to say:

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 04:11:58 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 04:23:47 PM »

Offline sahara

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 84

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 06:47:39 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

That is one of the many things that I really like about Turner. He has confidence (too much some might argue).

He is not afraid of the big stage, not afraid of the big shot, not afraid to take free throws in crunch time and not afraid to take it to the rim.

Agreed, and it's something that's so underrated and underappreciated among players - attitude.

Looking at what Turner went through in Indiana (especially after a pretty strong start to his career in Philly) - being benched, getting all the negative attention, his team not trusting him, etc.  That's not an easy thing to bounce back from, especially with that pressure of being such a high pick.

Many guys (e.g. James Young) would have just fallen apart under those circumstances, but for Turner to come over to Boston with his confidence / swagger in tact and make an immediate impact - that's huge.

Turner has talent as a player, but his confidence in himself makes his talent appear greater than it is.  If he didn't have that swagger, I'm not sure he'd be a rotation NBA player.

You see same thing with guys like Bradley and Smart.  Guys who aren't supremely talented, but who make such an impact because of their hunger/drive to be great.

Attitude is such an important characteristic, and I honestly believe that if a guy coming out of college genuinely has the hunger to want to do great things, then he will become somebody in the NBA - even if it's just a rotation guy.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 07:42:09 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
On the game winner last night:

"I was like, 'Oh snap, Im at 15 feet, Im about to end this.' And then I thought about [Michael Jordan] passing to Steve Kerr. And I thought, 'Well, let me add that to my legacy. Ill pass one time.' And that was it. It was unbelievable actually. Ingenious by me."

"Oh snap!"  does it get any better?  Too many people on Celticsblog don't appreciate or understand Turner.  He is a bargain steal at his contract.  He wins games for them.  And he is a quality guy.
He may never be a franchise player as a #2 Pick, but he's a heckuva roll player.  Would have been welcomed in any Celtics era.  I hope he stays in Boston.  We need a few glue guys moving forward.
And certainly ones with a good sense of humor! ;D
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »

Offline positivitize

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 614
  • Puns of steel
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OoKVu1R4Km8

Enjoy

Hah! I just came here to post that link. TP!

I think ET has a hilariously sarcastic dry sense of humor. The dude says some Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline. with a straight face about how he's like Jesus, or MJ, or should be the Logo to the NBA. He doesn't mean any of it. He's trolling all of us. It makes me like him more.
My biases, in order of fervor:
Pro:
Smart, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Kemba, Grant Williams, Sleepy Williams, Edwards!

Anti:
Kanter, Semi, Theis, Poierier

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2015, 12:21:16 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
what would he say about his pass into the balcony-was there a pretty girl close by or was he trying to undue his michael to kerr  to chrowder play- i get it
he wanted to get some play on shaq a fool,move over javalle mcgee
his best pass was off his steal and 3/4quarter court bounce pass to streaking bradley-sublime-that was my play of the week
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 12:26:17 PM by rollie mass »