Author Topic: Sloppy, Ugly, Horrible game!!!  (Read 1310 times)

Sloppy, Ugly, Horrible game!!!
« on: November 26, 2015, 03:22:44 AM »

Offline DesertDweller

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 92
Only against Philly is a win like this possible. even though we won this game it was really hard to watch. IT4, the whirling dervish of turnovers could have just as easily lost this game for Boston despite his 30 points. Brad has got to Super Glue this kid's feet to the parquet because he is out of control more than not.
Props to the team for pulling it out in Boston style and a TP to Avery who seems to have found the rim recently. 

Re: Sloppy, Ugly, Horrible game!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2015, 03:39:54 AM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
Isaiah only had 3 TO against Philly, which, in my opinion, isn't as bad as you make it to. I think that IT should be the last player that we should criticize from the game last night as there were players who did a lot worse than him. Turner is a name that comes to mind, given that he jacked up 18 shots last night hitting only 33% from the floor :o

But nevertheless, the C's need to up their game tonight against the Wizards or else it's going to be a very ugly game to say the least.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
last year with zeller in 2nd half of season, the floor seemed more spread and screens seemed more effective and pick and rolls seemed more clean cut-
maybe 2nd half  of season the defence lets up or now more teams are playing better d and have adjusted to pace and space-
next question
 kellys game seems different and his defence much bette but,he is getting inside and not going up strong but looking for extra pass  this guy is 7ft
,jerebko is having shooting woes but they are open shots and even his sweeping hook got tipped a shame it would have been pretty play
  didn't zeller hit some outrages % from mid range last year and open the court and when lee plays there is no mid range game and amir takes forever to get his shot off
maybe it is isaiah but the ball is not moving like last year like 2nd half-maybe other teams have adjusted to isaiah
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:39:10 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2015, 07:36:22 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
last year with zeller in 2nd half of season, the floor seemed more spread and screens seemed more effective and pick and rolls seemed more clean cut-

He sat a lot of the second half in many games.  Jerebko is having shooting issues, last year he was a credible two way guy, who played in the games down the stretch, this year he can't make 2 with a pencil.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2015, 07:41:30 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
agree but he would score 10 points or so early and was effective -and he ran the court--brad calls it un connected but something is awkward-the ball seems to move smoothly with rj on court-maybe its sully amir,maybe isaiah needs to hit some from outside early ,bradley has been special early-but it seems the bigs need to draw out defenders by hitting some shots
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 07:54:13 AM by rollie mass »

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2015, 08:01:20 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
how has amirs d been? ,is he moving well ?not as agile as i would have thought-maybe its because sully has played so well -kelly might need a break he played all summer- or is it just about smart getting hurt?--

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2015, 09:12:58 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
It is pretty obvious, that we are an effort team.  Smart adds a lot to that effort.   

We need some new bigs pretty bad.   Sully can board, and has been playing harder but he is inconsistent in shooting at time but he is arguably our best big.   Amir can be solid.   KO is a mixed bag, Jonas has played hard but is not getting results.   David Lee has been a disappointment to me and we have seen why so many teams soured on Zeller, he is all over the place.   We also need scoring to some degree.  That being said, I still love and watch this team but it is what it is.  Did we overachieve last year, possibly.   Are we scrappy, yes most nights and that is fun but we need long term answers in a few positions.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2015, 09:22:32 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
We need some new bigs pretty bad.   

It's weird because certainly from an "eye-test" perspective I agree with this.  But the stats (at least the advanced ones) don't necessarily back it up.  A good example for me is Amir Johnson. 

I think the problem with our bigs is that we have too many that are generally all equal in talent, with a slight edge to Sully. 

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Only against Philly is a win like this possible. even though we won this game it was really hard to watch. IT4, the whirling dervish of turnovers could have just as easily lost this game for Boston despite his 30 points. Brad has got to Super Glue this kid's feet to the parquet because he is out of control more than not.
Props to the team for pulling it out in Boston style and a TP to Avery who seems to have found the rim recently.
perhaps you might change the thread title to "sloppy, ugly, horrible, WIN!"

just a few weeks ago the warriors beat the awful nets, but it took overtime to do so. i dont see any asterick next to that win. it counts just as much and as little as any other win.

same for the celtics. the celtics played a terrible game, and won. for me, i rejoice over that. every team has bad nights and they usually lose on those nights. last night was a terrible night, which is not typical for this team, and yet the celtics got a W.

color me happy.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2015, 09:54:58 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
The team that finished this game may be our best team with Crowder at the four and Turner at the three.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 10:01:31 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
The team that finished this game may be our best team with Crowder at the four and Turner at the three.
i think that depends upon match ups. the celtics dont have a dominant player who exels in each and every situation. match ups are crucial for this team.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2015, 10:03:53 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
i think that depends upon match ups. the celtics dont have a dominant player who exels in each and every situation. match ups are crucial for this team.

Our five best players, I think.
With Smart out of course.

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2015, 10:17:19 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559

It may bite us in the butt sometimes, but this may be true.

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2015, 11:16:45 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

It may bite us in the butt sometimes, but this may be true.

Amir Johnson moves like he is 100 years old.