Author Topic: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.  (Read 5918 times)

Re: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2015, 11:04:51 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I wonder if Olynyk has ANY trade value at all? His shooting is so painfully bad. I'd love to see him traded for a future pick, then have Ainge bring back J Holmes on a team friendly deal (I.e. Non-guaranteed the next two seasons).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2015, 11:20:25 AM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Has there ever been a more hyped second round pick in the history of Celtics Blog (based on no actual NBA production) than Jordan Mickey?

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
He has been bad so far this year from 2, but his 3 point shooting is still on his average, which is what we need him for.

We have one more year after this one to figure out if we want to keep him. He has been doing a better job defending the rim this year (42% is really good). He is averaging 3.4 spg per 36 minutes. He is a good passer.

He is being more decisive offensively this year, which hasn't translated to a good shooting percentage yet, but I think it will rise throughout the year.

He is a perfect complimentary big if he can continue to keep his foul rate down and raise his FG% back to the level it was last year.

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 12:29:05 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I wonder if Olynyk has ANY trade value at all? His shooting is so painfully bad. I'd love to see him traded for a future pick, then have Ainge bring back J Holmes on a team friendly deal (I.e. Non-guaranteed the next two seasons).
and yet a quick glance at this year's shooting percentages show him at 41.4/35.4/76.5 and he went 4/5 from 3 point range last night. these are fine numbers.

but more impressive to me has been his defense this year. it actually is better than i thought it would ever be.

my worry is how invisible he seems on offense. maybe he is playing the role of facilitator or helping by passing or maybe CBS wants him to play this way. but i would hope that he becomes more aggressive on offense, drives to the basket, takes those 3 pointers more often.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2015, 12:37:15 PM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
jordon mickey doesn't have a big standing reach,his verticle was i thnk 37+
he has great timing for his blocks but doesn't seem to get up like that with ball and looks like he puts it up almost from shoulder sometimes
,he seems very good at ,again timing those one hand slam putbacks-

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2015, 12:39:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
and yet a quick glance at this year's shooting percentages show him at 41.4/35.4/76.5 and he went 4/5 from 3 point range last night. these are fine numbers.

but more impressive to me has been his defense this year. it actually is better than i thought it would ever be.

my worry is how invisible he seems on offense. maybe he is playing the role of facilitator or helping by passing or maybe CBS wants him to play this way. but i would hope that he becomes more aggressive on offense, drives to the basket, takes those 3 pointers more often.

I love the way Kelly is playing this year.  Sure, I'd love it if he was more in an offensive groove, making shots, but what I like about the way he is playing is that, despite being in an offensive slump right now, he looks like a positive contributor when he's out there.

He doesn't seem as likely to hang his head or start looking completely bewildered and outmatched when things don't go his way from the get-go. This is a characteristic that I thought he showed in his first two years. 

So, even though, statistically he isn't having his best year, and his minutes are at the lowest they've been so far in his career, I like the way he is growing into his role on this team. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2015, 12:47:41 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I love the way Kelly is playing this year.  Sure, I'd love it if he was more in an offensive groove, making shots, but what I like about the way he is playing is that, despite being in an offensive slump right now, he looks like a positive contributor when he's out there.

He doesn't seem as likely to hang his head or start looking completely bewildered and outmatched when things don't go his way from the get-go. This is a characteristic that I thought he showed in his first two years. 

So, even though, statistically he isn't having his best year, and his minutes are at the lowest they've been so far in his career, I like the way he is growing into his role on this team.
Agreed I also love the way he's been playing. He's rebounding and defending better than ever. He doesn't look quite so soft.

A little more aggression wouls be great but right now he's a really nice player
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2015, 12:59:11 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup

He kind of went off during extended garbage time last night, so the 4 for 5 isn't all that telling. Nice to see hitting them,but those were some major padded numbers.
Yup

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2015, 01:04:20 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469

He kind of went off during extended garbage time last night, so the 4 for 5 isn't all that telling. Nice to see hitting them,but those were some major padded numbers.

Totally padded numbers, agreed.  But, I feel like Kelly deserves a break from the box score.  It was nice to see Kelly hit all his threes in complete garbage time last night.  I feel like his shooting percentages from deep now more accurately reflect the kind of shooter he actually is, and seeing some go in can only help his confidence going forward. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2015, 04:41:35 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
Here is your Mickey-promoting tank-inducing early-season all-defense panic trade.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ov3nu46

As you can see it's actually 2 trades.  One to help Miami reach the finals, the other to help Chicago get younger: can be done with or without Portis.  If they give us Portis they get the Dallas pick if they don't they don't.

Smart, Hinrich
Winslow, Hunter
Crowder, Winslow, Jerebko
MICKEY, Lee (if not Portis), McRoberts
Noah, Amir, Zeller

Mickey might lead that team in scoring.

Or:
Smart, Hinrich
Hunter, Smart
Winslow, Crowder, Jerebko
Portis, Mickey, Lee
Amir, Noah, Zeller, McRoberts

We get a top ten pick to go with Brooklyn's top 6 pick....
And we get Miami's first round pick (23?)

Not to be rude, but dumbest trade award goes to you. 

« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2015, 09:54:05 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
Someone remind why Kelly Olynyk should get minutes again? And please, be sure to use statistical minutia to justify the argument (instead of your eyes, or your stomach).
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2015, 09:59:10 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Here is your Mickey-promoting tank-inducing early-season all-defense panic trade.

As you can see it's actually 2 trades.  One to help Miami reach the finals, the other to help Chicago get younger: can be done with or without Portis.  If they give us Portis they get the Dallas pick if they don't they don't.

Smart, Hinrich
Winslow, Hunter
Noah, Amir, Zeller

Or:
Smart, Hinrich
Hunter, Smart
Portis, Mickey, Lee

that's rude.  It's just an idea man

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:20 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
Someone remind why Kelly Olynyk should get minutes again? And please, be sure to use statistical minutia to justify the argument (instead of your eyes, or your stomach).
He's gonna have to do something soon or yeah he probably will fall out of the rotation completely. But Brad is doing the right thing so far by scaling back his minutes.

« Reply #43 on: November 30, 2015, 10:18:19 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

Smart, Hinrich
Winslow, Hunter
Noah, Amir, Zeller

Or:
Smart, Hinrich
Hunter, Smart
Portis, Mickey, Lee

Sorry to offend.  I like posting trade ideas whether or not they're clearly "dumb" and or unrealistic.  It might be smarter of you not to get your GM panties bunched up when another poster is just playing around and looking at player combos.

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2015, 10:33:00 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
He's gonna have to do something soon or yeah he probably will fall out of the rotation completely. But Brad is doing the right thing so far by scaling back his minutes.

No. trade the player before he's worthless, like Zeller. Maybe Morey or Hinkie will take the bait on his 'Advanced Statistics'.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)