Author Topic: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.  (Read 5904 times)

Re: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2015, 06:02:56 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2501
I still think patience is the word.  C's are right on pace for what the vast majority of cbloggers expected -- on pace for 44 wins.  If the C's are winning at an expected rate, why the complaints and panic threads?  CBS needs to continue getting minutes for a multitude of players and find efficient/effective combinations.  Trade season will be here before you know it.  This team will look different 8 weeks from now.

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2015, 06:10:37 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sometimes we raise expectations based on what we're seeing

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2015, 06:18:53 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
He will get his chance, but I don't think it will be until after the deadline, when the C's trade a bunch of big men.

I'm really encouraged that he knocked down 3's in the d league. A player that can knock down 3's and block shots is enormously valuable in the current NBA.

How many threes? What is his percentage?

Takes 1.8 and makes .8 (44%) in his 5 games.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2015, 06:45:40 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
With you. Our current 4-5 rotation is softer than a marshmallow. But i hear advanced statics say WONDERFUL things about alluvum!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2015, 06:52:46 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
I'm ready for the era where the Celtics can once again have bigs that can score the ball consistent .

I'm getting desperate ......thoughts of signing of Whitside ..... :o

« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Mickey would be perfect next to DMC.

A team with DMC and Mickey would strike fear into most players hearts, especially when their driving.

I always felt like Mickey could be a poor man's Ibaka.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2015, 07:08:55 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

A team with DMC and Mickey would strike fear into most players hearts, especially when their driving.

By always, you mean for the past few months since the Cs drafted him? Or your clairvoyance helped you gather that he'd be in green.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

By always, you mean for the past few months since the Cs drafted him? Or your clairvoyance helped you gather that he'd be in green.

I gathered he would always be in green, because Ainge seems to read Celticsblog quite frequently. (Just kidding.)

I'm aiming high for Mickey's ceiling. Hes going to either be a back end rotation player, or a frequent defensive presence that strikes fear into opposing players hearts.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 08:32:48 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas

I gathered he would always be in green, because Ainge seems to read Celticsblog quite frequently. (Just kidding.)

I'm aiming high for Mickey's ceiling. Hes going to either be a back end rotation player, or a frequent defensive presence that strikes fear into opposing players hearts.

Just teasing, brother. I agree Mickey and Boogie would look good together!
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2015, 08:40:54 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
nm
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2015, 02:44:14 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think Amir has been great. I think he's one of the main catalysts for Sullinger's great play.
Amir just does a lot of dirty work on the defensive end and Sullinger doesn't have to worry about whoever his team mate is guarding because Amir is always there on rotations.

Lee has been okay off the bench, but yeah I'd rather give Mickey a shot- which will happen next season unless we draft a good PF with one of our first round picks.

"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2015, 08:18:21 AM »

Offline CelticPride2016

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 247
I think Amir has been great. I think he's one of the main catalysts for Sullinger's great play.
Amir just does a lot of dirty work on the defensive end and Sullinger doesn't have to worry about whoever his team mate is guarding because Amir is always there on rotations.

Lee has been okay off the bench, but yeah I'd rather give Mickey a shot- which will happen next season unless we draft a good PF with one of our first round picks.

I wanted Lee benched, but maybe he is good for chemistry for this early part of the season. The team is moving towards a system where there isn't a traditional point guard. It is about pace. Lee and Olynyk are the two bigs who can ball handle almost as good as pg's.

Zeller is clearly a much better player than Lee, but the team is not ready for Tyler. Zeller can't ball handle. He is a Brandon Bass or Perkins. They are always going to be the fish out of water on a squad that has good dribbling and passing.

Avery Bradley has been the big eye-opener so far. He figured out how to dribble, pass, and drive to the hoop. Okay, he always drove to the hoop, but now he is actually finishing the drives. Otherwise, he always needed the easy, sure layup off of one of his signature cuts to the hoop.

I think Jordan Mickey is NBA-ready for a rookie. I think he should be in the rotation by the end of the year, once everyone is on the same page for style.

People make fun of Olynyk, but he understands exactly what Stevens is trying to mold the team into.

Amir is great. Unfortunately, he has too many miles on his tires. Sully has been opening up my eyes to his true potential. I definitely feel he needs to lose the weight. He will be able to lean on his youth for only so many years.

I'm glad Rozier got in some minutes last night. If Turner is injured, he will have to play significant minutes or we will have no chance.

I think the best bet with rookies is to play them one at a time, slowly integrate them in with seasoned veterans. We got that done with Hunter so far. Maybe Hunter will become the third pg or Bradley or basically a pg by committee like we had when Rondo got hurt a couple years ago.

I think even Rondo was working hard to play exactly like Brad's vision, but unfortunately outside factors such as his recovering from injuries and worrying about his next contract probably doomed the Rondo era.

I think it's amazing how much better Bradley, Turner, Sully, and Olynyk have gotten each year. That could be better news than Brooklyn's w-l record.

I think Mickey will be a great player. He has a Leon Powe kind of aura. Like  Smart. Some guys just know how to win. Some guys know how to play within their games for the betterment of all.

I'm hoping we go 3-2 or better on the road trip. The Sacramento game should be fun. I see Rondo is one of the league leaders for minutes played and is still piling up assists like he always has. If he can get back to being a beast on defense, then good for Rondo.

Perhaps the best development for the C's is Bradley. He is playing great at both ends. If Bradley can play like this for a whole season, he is definitely an all-star caliber player.

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2015, 08:56:19 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I still think patience is the word. 
Patience? I hate the word as I hate Hell and all Montagues.

« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2015, 10:30:10 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
The bigger question is he ready for the NBA? You of course believe so but what makes you believe this? I'm sure you are going with the grass is always greener on the other side logic.

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2015, 10:33:12 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm ready for the era where the Celtics can once again have bigs that can score the ball consistent .

I'm getting desperate ......thoughts of signing of Whitside ..... :o

6 points on 1/6 shooting last night :o