Author Topic: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.  (Read 5930 times)

I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.
« on: November 25, 2015, 09:34:59 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Sully is the only watchable big right now.

Lee and Amir are worse than advertised. They brought nothing unless you consider "slow" and "soft" something.

KO continues to be uninspiring on an average day.

I almost forgot Zeller was on the team.

Give me Jordan Mickey. 

Re: I'm ready for the Jordan Mickey era.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 09:44:22 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I wonder if there's any way Danny Ainge can get the NBA to classify food as an abused substance after a certain amount to keep Sully off of it

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:29:26 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Here is your Mickey-promoting tank-inducing early-season all-defense panic trade.
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ov3nu46

As you can see it's actually 2 trades.  One to help Miami reach the finals, the other to help Chicago get younger: can be done with or without Portis.  If they give us Portis they get the Dallas pick if they don't they don't.

Smart, Hinrich
Winslow, Hunter
Crowder, Winslow, Jerebko
MICKEY, Lee (if not Portis), McRoberts
Noah, Amir, Zeller

Mickey might lead that team in scoring.

Or:
Smart, Hinrich
Hunter, Smart
Winslow, Crowder, Jerebko
Portis, Mickey, Lee
Amir, Noah, Zeller, McRoberts

We get a top ten pick to go with Brooklyn's top 6 pick....
And we get Miami's first round pick (23?)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 10:46:08 PM by wiley »

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2015, 03:19:50 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
I think Mickey could be better than what we have by the end of the year. Probably not better than Sully, but possibly everyone else.

You can't have Brad Stevens stomping and crying and then not make any changes. If you're that mad make a change

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2015, 03:33:29 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
I'm ready too, but it (the era) won't start tonight..... He just got reassigned to Maine a couple of hours ago.

I don't think that he'll get any burn at all until we move some of our bigs (if you can call them that).

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Is KO even eligible to be sent to the D League? What about David Lee or Zeller?  Because someone needs to light a fire under them. Like come back when you average 20 rebs and 3 blks for a week in the NBDL, but not before.

« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2015, 03:41:52 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
I wonder if there's any way Danny Ainge can get the NBA to classify food as an abused substance after a certain amount to keep Sully off of it

Lol!!!

I'm glad i wasn't drinking anything when i read that.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2015, 03:44:29 PM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Is KO even eligible to be sent to the D League? What about David Lee or Zeller?  Because someone needs to light a fire under them. Like come back when you average 20 rebs and 3 blks for a week in the NBDL, but not before.

You are one funny dude, aways providing the needed comic relief around here.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2015, 04:03:43 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
The Celtics are 7th in the NBA in percentage shooing from touches originating from the elbow, 3rd from the post, and 3rd in the paint. Our bigs have been surprisingly efficient.

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
Do we know how they are in blocks, steals, opponent fg%, fouls, drawing fouls, ft%, rebs, offensive rebs, etc?

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2015, 04:26:06 PM »

• Paul Silas
Do we know how they are in blocks, steals, opponent fg%, fouls, drawing fouls, ft%, rebs, offensive rebs, etc?

I'm not looking up them all, but they are 9th in opponent fg% at the rim.

They are 25th in reb%, but the Pacers, Hawks, and Bucks are all worse than them. Reb% is valuable, but it is possible to win without getting a high % of rebounds.

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 04:38:09 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He will get his chance, but I don't think it will be until after the deadline, when the C's trade a bunch of big men.

I'm really encouraged that he knocked down 3's in the d league. A player that can knock down 3's and block shots is enormously valuable in the current NBA.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 04:43:53 PM »

• Paul Silas
He will get his chance, but I don't think it will be until after the deadline, when the C's trade a bunch of big men.

I'm really encouraged that he knocked down 3's in the d league. A player that can knock down 3's and block shots is enormously valuable in the current NBA.

How many threes? What is his percentage?

« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »

Offline The Oracle

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 597

They are 25th in reb%, but the Pacers, Hawks, and Bucks are all worse than them. Reb% is valuable, but it is possible to win without getting a high % of rebounds.
Reb.% lies it is a statistic that gives you the impression that a team is being out rebounded when they actually are not.  For example: The Celtics currently have a Reb.% of 49.6 which gives you the impression they are being slightly out rebounded.  The truth though is that the C's both offensively (26.3% to 25.1%) and defensively(74.9% to 73.7%) are actually out rebounding their opponents % wise.  The difference lies in the fact that the Celtics take many more shots than their opponents.

« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2015, 04:56:41 PM »

• Paul Silas

Reb.% lies it is a statistic that gives you the impression that a team is being out rebounded when they actually are not.  For example: The Celtics currently have a Reb.% of 49.6 which gives you the impression they are being slightly out rebounded.  The truth though is that the C's both offensively (26.3% to 25.1%) and defensively(74.9% to 73.7%) are actually out rebounding their opponents % wise.  The difference lies in the fact that the Celtics take many more shots than their opponents.

I use the adjust rebound %, which tells you how often a Celtic player gets the rebound when they are with 3.5 feet. They are 25th in that.