Author Topic: Oladipo benched.  (Read 9074 times)

Oladipo benched.
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:51:49 PM »

Offline alldaboston

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 324
Skiles is replacing him with Channing Frye in the starting lineup. If he doesn't seem to be working in Orlando, do you guys think we could trade for him?
I could very well see the Hawks... starting Taurean Prince at the 3, who is already better than Crowder, imo.

you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

Re: Oladipo benched.
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:54:34 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I'd be thrilled if Orlando is dumb enough to trade him.  Oladipo is a legitimate talent.  He'd be really fun in our starting lineup alongside Smart and Crowder.

Offer Bradley, Rozier and a couple picks for Oladipo and Watson.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:55:18 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
By the way kids, this is why you don't hire Scott Skiles.
You値l have to excuse my lengthiness葉he reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 01:07:57 PM »

Online bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
Coming off the bench is not the same as being benched.  They're just experimenting with setting him up in more of an Isaiah Thomas/Jamal Crawford role.  I imagine he'll still be playing around 30mpg.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:10:05 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
I'd be thrilled if Orlando is dumb enough to trade him.  Oladipo is a legitimate talent.  He'd be really fun in our starting lineup alongside Smart and Crowder.

And Kids, this is why you don't hire PhoSita as our GM...

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 01:14:02 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I've always like Oladipo for some reason. He's good at a lot of things, but not really great at any of them. IIRC, he was like 22 or 23 when he got drafted so isn't he right around AB's age anyways? Not so sure he's much better than AB, and I don't think he's really worth Bradley and Rozier.

Tough to find a way he fits in both in the short and long term. Is he really worth giving up Bradley and Rozier or Bradley and Hunter for? Cause that's what's they'd probably want at least, plus we would need to clear some PT for him. I like him a lot just not sure if he fits. If we trade for a guard he'd really need to be a stud to get major PT over Smart, Bradley, Thomas, Turner, Hunter etc.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 01:16:13 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Isn't Oladipo the same as AB with better handles but worse jump shot. And we need more shooting not less. No thanks

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 01:16:33 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I like his game.

Very rugged and reliable ball handler

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 01:18:01 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968

Then we wouldn't have anything to whine and moan about .... ;D

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 01:19:08 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
Isn't Oladipo the same as AB with better handles but worse jump shot. And we need more shooting not less. No thanks

Bigger, more athletic, far better dribbler, driver, and playmaker.  You know how we talk about how Avery doesn't have enough in his game when his jumper isn't falling?  Oladipo has all the things Avery is missing.  So long as his jumper comes along, he'll be a really excellent player. 

Put him on a team with better shooting around him and I suspect his jumper wouldn't seem so bad.  It's tough playing Oladipo next to a total non-shooter like Payton.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 01:20:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

You couldn't hire me if you wanted to! 

Orlando wouldn't take that deal, anyhow.  Bradley is a lesser version of Oladipo without the potential for improvement, Rozier may or may not be an NBA player, and the picks we'd offer would probably be mid-1sts.

But seriously, you think it's good for Orlando to bench Oladipo and play Andrew Nicholson ahead of Aaron Gordon?  Come on.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 01:25:14 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Bigger, more athletic, far better dribbler, driver, and playmaker.  You know how we talk about how Avery doesn't have enough in his game when his jumper isn't falling?  Oladipo has all the things Avery is missing.  So long as his jumper comes along, he'll be a really excellent player. 

Put him on a team with better shooting around him and I suspect his jumper wouldn't seem so bad.  It's tough playing Oladipo next to a total non-shooter like Payton.
So he is an inch taller

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 01:26:31 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
By the way kids, this is why you don't hire Scott Skiles.

I think Skiles is going to end up being a good hire for the Magic in the long run.  Hopefully he can improve their defense and make them a competitive team.  At this stage, I'm of the opinion that Orlando should be going out there and trying to get as many wins as possible. 

They've got a lot of promising young players.  Skiles should be putting those players in the best position to win games, which isn't necessarily going to be the same as putting them in the best position to maximize their individual numbers.

DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 01:32:02 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish

So he is an inch taller

6'4'' 210 lbs versus 6'2'' 180 lbs
- Mark Twain

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 01:32:06 PM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471

You couldn't hire me if you wanted to! 

Orlando wouldn't take that deal, anyhow.  Bradley is a lesser version of Oladipo without the potential for improvement, Rozier may or may not be an NBA player, and the picks we'd offer would probably be mid-1sts.

But seriously, you think it's good for Orlando to bench Oladipo and play Andrew Nicholson ahead of Aaron Gordon?  Come on.

Oladipo is 23 and starting his third year in the league.  It's not like he's a rookie at 20 with limitless possibility to improve.

Bradley might not be as good as Oladipo but he's already show far more improvement and was drafted 19 in the first round.  Oladipo was #2.  Is being a little bit better than a guy drafted out of the lottery really say much for him?

Mike