Author Topic: The Cruel Tutelage of the Wolves' Kevin Garnett  (Read 2077 times)

The Cruel Tutelage of the Wolves' Kevin Garnett
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 119

Re: The Cruel Tutelage of the Wolves' Kevin Garnett
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:38:40 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Could KG be a coach someday?? Im not sure. I dont think he can and will pop a vessel or two

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:48:11 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
The best part of KG was how he wore his emotions. Dude was as real as they come.

Makes me think back and wish we could all witness his greatness again. Especially that moment when he made us all feel like we were there with him when the Cs won and he bellied out "anything is possible". Still gives me chills thinking about it.

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:58:12 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
thanks for the link.

I loved hearing Billups talk about KG. The mental part. Trying to throw other guys off their game. Years ago I was a huge Zo fan and I hated how Rodman could get under his skin and take him out of the game. Years later I realize how smart Rodman was. He looked at it like, I'm the 3rd best player on my team and I can take out the best player on the other team with just words. Not to compare everything as obviously KG had a much more complete game but they both had something in common and it is surprising that almost no one else thinks to do this.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 01:03:41 PM by Hemingway »

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 01:25:23 PM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
"You can't teach the beast," Garnett says. "It's either in you or it isn't. You can't just go to the store and buy a six-pack of beast. It don't work like that."

Loved this quote in particular.  He has built a mountain of KG-isms over the years, and this one is as good as any of them. 

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 01:40:11 PM »

Offline littleteapot

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 93
"No matter how hard you're working, there's always someone working harder than you. That someone is me."
How do you feel about websites where people with similar interests share their opinions?
I'm forum!

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 02:10:24 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
"No matter how hard you're working, there's always someone working harder than you. That someone is me."

Do we not think being around him immensely helps at least some of Towns, Wiggins, Levine, Muhammad and Dieng? I am sure some guys are unreachable, (perhaps sully was), but some of those guys are definitely benefiting from his presence. Love what the t-wolves are doing.