Author Topic: Rozier vs Hunter - who is ahead? Who has a higher ceiling?  (Read 833 times)

Rozier vs Hunter - who is ahead? Who has a higher ceiling?
« on: November 25, 2015, 12:19:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
What do you guys think?

If its Hunter, I wonder why Rozier got chosen 12 spots ahead.

Unless Hunter is the "steal" of the draft

Re: Rozier vs Hunter - who is ahead? Who has a higher ceiling?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 12:22:09 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
well the easy answer is that Hunter is ahead right now because he has a skill we really lack but Rozier has the higher ceiling.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 12:26:53 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Hunter has shown he has an NBA skill -- hitting three pointers, lightning quick.

I'm not sure yet that Rozier is an NBA player.   He probably is, but it hasn't been proven yet.

Have to give Hunter the higher ceiling, based on that alone.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 12:31:24 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Rozier has a higher ceiling because he is a much better athlete but needs to understand when he should attack and where he should be on defense.

Hunter has a higher floor because he already can shoot it and has a good understanding of where he is supposed to be on the court. His ceiling isn't as high as Rozier's because he doesn't have the same athleticism.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 12:36:19 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Rozier has a higher ceiling because he is a much better athlete but needs to understand when he should attack and where he should be on defense.

Hunter has a higher floor because he already can shoot it and has a good understanding of where he is supposed to be on the court. His ceiling isn't as high as Rozier's because he doesn't have the same athleticism.

I agree with this.

Actually they make a good backcourt pair in theory

One has the shooting , IQ, shooting threat. The other athleticism , ability to drive

Both can play D and have very good length

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 02:28:21 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2421
I think RJ Hunter has the higher ceiling because I am not convinced Rozier is a true PG. I think Rozier might hit his ceiling as a backup PG / borderline starter because of that. Someone who does better when he doesn't have the responsibility of running the team. More of a 6th man type who can just come in and attack. Be an energizer defensively and a scorer offensively. Maybe be something like Lou Williams. I think RJ Hunter has all the skills and talent to become an above average starting SG if he puts the work in.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 02:37:06 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
James Young

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 02:42:00 PM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
James Young
He hit a three last night.  :)

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 02:59:39 PM »

Offline aingeforthree

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 134
Rozier, by far.  He's got the entire skill set to be a darn good player in this league.  All star level point guard.

Hunter has a great ceiling as well.  Both have the ability to be great pro's.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 03:03:45 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
We have to remember it surprised everyone when Danny took Rozier at #16. I think Danny saw something in Rozier that made him think the kid had high enough upside to take him over guys who were pegged higher by scouts like Sam Dekker and Bobby Portis. Rozier right now is pretty raw although his jumper has looked better than I anticipated it would be. He looked nervous when the Celtics played against Brooklyn but I'm going to be patient with him because he's a rookie put on a team filled with experienced veterans. I see him more like the electric guard off the bench that will come in and score points. Perhaps a taller IT with better defense but not as potent of a scorer.

Hunter looks like he can already contribute. He's a good shooter. He has nice length as a defender and he clearly has a high bball IQ for a rookie. I see him getting more minutes for this team as the season goes on because to me he's been very impressive for a rookie even if he's had his rookie moments.

I'm going with what everyone else said. Hunter is ready to contribute now, but Rozier has the potential to have a bigger impact a few years down the line.