Author Topic: Give Mickey a run  (Read 14007 times)

Give Mickey a run
« on: November 25, 2015, 10:35:02 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He has the explosiveness, all around defense, shot blocking, underrated offensive tools to help this team.  Jerebko has made insignificant impact these days. Sullinger looks tired.

Why not sit jerebko for a game or two and give Mickey a run.

Re: Give Mickey a run
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2015, 10:36:17 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Nice little punishment wake up call to vets not getting the job done. He KO. Yeah you sit right there.

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:01 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
He has the explosiveness, all around defense, shot blocking, underrated offensive tools to help this team.  Jerebko has made insignificant impact these days. Sullinger looks tired.

The problem is, half of Jerebko's minutes are at the 3 and Mickey can't play the 3. Jerebko has played much better at the 4. So really I would be looking for a wing to replace Jerebko's minutes at the 3.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2015, 10:41:16 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
No. Jerebko has been playing mostly the 3, with Johnson, Sullinger, Lee, and Olynyk at the 4/5 spots. Mickey can't play the 3 on either end and he isn't better than any of the four players I mentioned at the 4/5. D League is where he belongs.

As for Jerebko, he's been flat out abysmal.

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2015, 10:45:35 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
No. Jerebko has been playing mostly the 3, with Johnson, Sullinger, Lee, and Olynyk at the 4/5 spots. Mickey can't play the 3 on either end and he isn't better than any of the four players I mentioned at the 4/5. D League is where he belongs.

He's been playing more 4 than 3 actually, someone broke down his numbers in another thread yesterday.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2015, 10:46:04 AM »

Offline tankcity!

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
I think they should play Hunter and Young more. Seriously. Put Crowder at PF and let's play some small ball. We need both guys to become elite shooters and playing time is the only way for them to gain the confidence to utilize all the work they've put into the offseason.

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2015, 10:53:47 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

He's been playing more 4 than 3 actually, someone broke down his numbers in another thread yesterday.

It can't be much more though. Regardless, even though Jerebko's been bad at both positions Mickey isn't better than Olynyk, Johnson, Lee, or Sullinger, so he won't be getting minutes there. Once Smart returns I think we should go with:

Sullinger  -  Olynyk
Crowder   -  Turner
Johnson   -   Lee
Smart      -   Thomas
Bradley    -   Hunter

Basically eliminating Jerebko from the rotation all together.

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2015, 11:00:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

The problem is, half of Jerebko's minutes are at the 3 and Mickey can't play the 3. Jerebko has played much better at the 4. So really I would be looking for a wing to replace Jerebko's minutes at the 3.

Mickey can't play the 3? If jerebko can, so can mickey. Mickey is a better/quicker perimeter defender than any of the bigs we have.   But then you are under utilizing his ability to protect the rim

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2015, 11:03:11 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Triboy,

You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2015, 11:06:29 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Triboy,

After the first few games Mickey gets a run, when it happens , I will be looking out for your reaction. You will like it

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2015, 11:09:01 AM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER

I don't think it could hurt them.  Stevens is searching for answers with some of the line-ups.
Mickey might be the Oscar Gamble of the forwards! lol 8)
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2015, 11:25:35 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

Mickey can't play the 3? If jerebko can, so can mickey. Mickey is a better/quicker perimeter defender than any of the bigs we have.   But then you are under utilizing his ability to protect the rim

Of course he can't. He'll get torched defending good 3's, he has no handles, and can't stretch the floor. Triboy, this isn't a video game. Learning how to avoid/read/chase guys through screens on the perimeter is different than defending the post or hedging out on high pick and rolls.

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2015, 11:30:50 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Of course he can't. He'll get torched defending good 3's, he has no handles, and can't stretch the floor. Triboy, this isn't a video game. Learning how to avoid/read/chase guys through screens on the perimeter is different than defending the post or hedging out on high pick and rolls.

It's great how you keep putting Mickey down. You still mad we didn't draft cliff?  When will you get over it eddie20

BTW sfs not all run around screens like headless chickens like RJ Hunter does.   Again if jerebo can play some 3 so can Mickey.  But that is not my pt.

Just give him a few mins at the pf spot. It doesn't matter if some of the mins come from sully, Zeller, Lee , jerebko mins

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2015, 11:36:32 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

It's great how you keep putting Mickey down. You still mad we didn't draft cliff?  When will you get over it eddie20

BTW sfs not all run around screens like headless chickens like RJ Hunter does.   Again if jerebo can play some 3 so can Mickey.  But that is not my pt.

Just give him a few mins at the pf spot. It doesn't matter if some of the mins come from sully, Zeller, Lee , jerebko mins

Saying he can't play the 3 isn't putting him down its just reality. I love Smart but he can't play the 5. Is that a knock?

Stevens is in the business of winning games if he thought Mickey could win games he wouldn't be the 15th man on the roster and stuck in Maine obscurity, he'd be playing. Pretty sure Stevens knows what Mickey can and can't do.

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2015, 11:42:47 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I agree. Hopefully by All Star break's end Danny will have found a new home for Lee, zeller and one of Sully, Olynyk or Amir. That way Mickey will get some spot minutes and we'll also free up some slots for draft picks next year.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.