Author Topic: Brad rips the team after Hawks loss (video)  (Read 3124 times)

Re: Brad rips the team after Hawks loss (video)
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2015, 10:07:24 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Last night was bad, but I trust a Brad Stevens coached team to improve as the year goes on.

The C's schedule will get easier after Christmas, if we are hovering around .500 at that point we will be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stevens replaced Thomas in the starting lineup to improve the defense.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2015, 10:32:43 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
Last night was bad, but I trust a Brad Stevens coached team to improve as the year goes on.

The C's schedule will get easier after Christmas, if we are hovering around .500 at that point we will be fine.

I wouldn't be surprised if Stevens replaced Thomas in the starting lineup to improve the defense.

Yeah, maybe when Smart comes back he'll be put back with Bradley (Who looks like man possessed right not) in the starting line up. Hopefully those two put together enough offense to keep IT as the 6th man.

Right now though, you've gotta kinda keep him in there. They really don't have any other PG's except Turner (who's really not a 1, just a point forward, but good enough) and Rozier. Considering how little burn Rozier has gotten, I can't imagine he would be inserted. Hunter can handle and pass but not good enough to be the lead ball-handler IMO. Though he will get his chances with Smart out and I loved what I saw from him yesterday. Bradley is certainly not a PG, so unless were gonna put Turner in there (which Brad may certainly do) I think you gotta kinda keep him in there till Smart gets back.

Smart may only average like 8-5, but it's the most effective 8/5 I've ever seen. he is the heart and soul of this team. Without him there setting the tone and with Crowder struggling the defense just hasn't looked the same. Sully wasn't making the hustle plays he has been so far this year, Olynyk looks too tentative again, Amir has been almost non-existent. Smart is a key cog to this engine .

« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2015, 11:24:10 AM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52
I'm scared for tomorrow vs Philly. I feel we are the perfect example of that one team who allows Philly to finally win.

God I hope so. Ben Simmons is much more important than another 1st round sweep

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2015, 11:40:05 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215
How about it's everyone? That's what I feel are main culprits.

I don't think it's everyone, though. As you mentioned previously, surely you can't fault Bradley, and you can say what you want about Smart's defense, but you'll never question if he's playing hard.

The way he was talking about people playing individually and "on an island" does seem like it's pointing to certain individuals, and most likely that individual is IT.

Maybe it's time to start playing the rookies a little more. Both Hunter and Rozier are high character kids, and I'm guessing they'll bust their arse when they're in there.
I see a lot of players playing this way. I blame the constant changing of rotations and minutes. Players are coming in and trying to make the most out of their touches. We also lack go to scorers other than IT4, so guys like Crowder or Sullinger may want to try to be that man. I see parts of the game when Crowder shoots a contested shot or forces a shot and he shouldn't be. But I'm sure he sees the opportunity to try to expand his game and he's going to try to. Then D Lee only gets 16 minutes so he comes in trying to score on most of his touches. But it's hard to complain about him since he's been scoring. Jerebkho also forces shots but he's stuck with such a limited role and so on.

Brad needs to probably do a better job defining roles and it sounds like he's starting to by the sounds of this video.

« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2015, 11:54:12 AM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
"If we don't play well, we'll loose" IMO has a double meaning. This team is missing some major pieces, that would give them a chance to win, when they don't play "perfectly well" together. We all know this.

This Celtic team is a team that hangs it's hat on aggressive team defense, and ball movement...sharing the ball, looking for the open man. That is the only way for a team, with limited talent to win games in the NBA.

I don't want to blame IT, but this team looks frantic, reckless, and has poor spacing on offense. He is just so predictably unpredictable with the ball in his hands. He's certainly is a weak link on D, he get pick off, and his man gets by him, causing the need for help D, resulting in open men.

I would like to see Turner as the PG, until Smart returns, with IT coming off the bench.

« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2015, 12:27:55 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
I wonder if this is goin to be another season where the team struggles until Ainge clears the logjams at some of the positions and forces CBS to trim the rotation like last season. The thing is, the EC is better this season so that probably won't be enough to make the playoffs.

« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2015, 01:48:03 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2904
The thing is, we probably shouldn't have won last night anyways:

Away game

Team that won 60 games last year

Without Smart

The odds were against us. However, it was more *how* we played that upset me. I've not been a fan all year of IT's decision-making offensively, because it's always a "me-first" attitude. That works for him in the second unit, but he can't consistently do that as a starter. I think that kind of style of play trickles down to the rest of the team, e.g. Crowder, who then try and do too much to bring the team back.