Author Topic: Avery Bradley bias  (Read 4967 times)

Re: Avery Bradley bias
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2015, 10:00:20 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
What did I say? Only saving grace is he can defend but the jinx is in. You people  :o >:(
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I ve wondered if Danny would trade Avery in a deal for a Center .......I think he would though if the right guy was offered up.

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2015, 10:27:58 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
I ve wondered if Danny would trade Avery in a deal for a Center .......I think he would though if the right guy was offered up.
this is a bit of a truism isnt it? ainge would trade anyone on the roster if the right guy was offered up.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2015, 10:32:11 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
What did I say? Only saving grace is he can defend but the jinx is in. You people  :o >:(

Well technically no, because he lead the team in +/- (tied with Isaiah at +17).

:P

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2015, 10:39:45 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Well technically no, because he lead the team in +/- (tied with Isaiah at +17).

:P

I know but only 10pts. AB is going to give it defensively, he hasn't had a bad defensive game because he didn't try, he may get beaten but the effort is there.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2015, 11:43:04 PM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
When I was checking on the game score today at work - started about 10 am here in Australia - I was thinking about this thread. AB shooting about 30% against the worst defence in the league. I suppose if you found a guy who never had an off night (even if just shooting) you would trade to get that guy. Otherwise AB is fairly consistent.

Is this Murphy's or some similar law of chance? Thread certainly proved a jinx.

« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2015, 11:45:57 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
don't know why there's always a thread "Avery is great" and a thread "Avery is horrible".

Avery could be a really good all around player. it's his consistency that holds him back, but his consistency will never be there because he takes bad shots and it's encouraged. that's why those shots never seem to fall in big games or against good teams.

really there's no need for anymore threads about AB. that's who he is.

« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2015, 11:47:29 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277

Why can't people talk about a player they love or hate?

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2015, 12:13:31 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Why can't people talk about a player they love or hate?
Or like or dislike.

« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2015, 11:13:18 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
I agree about Bradley and OKC.  That would be a great fit.  He's exactly what they need. 

But what are they gonna trade us?  We've got tons of mediocre 1sts and I dunno about you but I have no interest in Enes Kanter or Dion Waiters.

Cleveland already has Iman Shumpert, who gives them about as much as they'd get out of Avery in a smaller offensive role.
I feel like a team like OKC would be the perfect team for him. He can just get fed 3's, defend, and hustle while Westbrook and Durant do the scoring.

Much as I hate to say this, so would Clevleand. 

Imagine Bradley playing alongside Irving, Lebron and Love?  Wow.

I agree. Cleveland or OKC would both be perfect fits. I like Shumpert more though, because he seems to be able to guard most strong 2's.

But OKC really just needs a Kyle Korver/Danny Green or AB type of player to do the dirty work, and shoot.

Yeah, unfortunately OKC doesn't have jack squat for us to trade.

Steven Adams. But there's no possible way they're trading him and relying on Enes Kanter as their only center in Durant's final year of his contract.

OKC should consider moving Ibaka to center to improve their ball-movement. Playing Ibaka (bad passer) alongside a defense-only center like Steven Adams puts too large a limitation on their big man passing.

It is going to be hard for OKC to find a center who is both (1) a good defensive player (2) a skilled offensive big who can pass the ball and/or provide floor spacing ... in order to both keep (a) Ibaka at PF and (b) fix their ball movement problems.

OKC needs to be more creative in their problem solving. Look to move Ibaka to center alongside another PF or even move Durant to PF and go with a run and gun team.

Trade Idea: Boston/OKC -- Maybe Avery Bradley + Jared Sullinger (if team doesn't want to pay Sully) for Steven Adams + another asset (or two). Probably a first round pick or maybe someone like Dion Waiters. Give OKC an ideal role player starting two guard in A.Bradley to put alongside Westbrook + Durant and a more balanced big man rotation with Ibaka, Kanter, Sully and N.Collison. Sully makes their big man rotation much more skilled; improves floor spacing + passing. Along with Bradley's offensive threat, OKC would be a vastly improved offensive team while still being a really good defensive team. A top perimeter defense and a strong interior defender in Ibaka.

Vastly improved offensive team? They're second in the league in offensive efficiency and were first until Durant got hurt. They just blew out the vaunted defensive powerhouse Jazz by 22 in Utah this week and were leading by 35 at one point -- on the second night of a back-to-back, at that; their offense is fine. People forget that Scott Brooks was the coach for SEVEN YEARS; it's going to take a while for Donovan's ball movement philosophies to really be embraced -- and we're already seeing that happen over the past few games.

The defense is what needs to be improved (which has also started to happen over the past few games), which is why they need to keep Adams. Adding Sullinger to the big rotation and subtracting Adams makes OKC that much weaker on interior defense. They're effectively going to have to rely on Serge Ibaka and a 35-year-old Nick Collison. Not going to work out at all.

The defense is already kind of questionable WITH Adams and you want to see him effectively replaced by Sullinger, of all people? Who really doesn't bring much of anything different to the table than Kanter? That's honestly silly.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 11:22:17 AM by Endless Paradise »

« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2015, 12:12:41 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Vastly improved offensive team? They're second in the league in offensive efficiency and were first until Durant got hurt. They just blew out the vaunted defensive powerhouse Jazz by 22 in Utah this week and were leading by 35 at one point -- on the second night of a back-to-back, at that; their offense is fine.

People forget that Scott Brooks was the coach for SEVEN YEARS; it's going to take a while for Donovan's ball movement philosophies to really be embraced -- and we're already seeing that happen over the past few games.

OKC were regularly one of the top teams in offensive efficiency over past few years. But their offense still failed them in the playoffs because of the high number of low-utility offensive threats in their lineup + bad ball movement. Allowed teams to load up on Durant and Westbrook and slow the team down offensively.

I haven't seen any progress in ball movement under Donovan. I am not optimistic about him being a solution to OKC ills. I think they should have gone for a different coach. I am very skeptical about him.

I also think some of OKC's ball movement problems are personnel related. Hard to be a passing team when your big men are bad passers.

Edit: Vastly improved offense = I meant as having two more offensive options (A.Bradley, Sully vs A.Robertson, S.Adams). Ibaka at center. Five guys who can all shoot the ball. Better scoring from SG. Better passing, ball-handling and spacing. More mismatches with Sully/Ibaka being defended by opposing center. Harder to load up on Durant + Westbrook. Tougher for playoff teams to load up on Durant / Westbrook like they have done in previous seasons.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 12:19:14 PM by Who »

« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2015, 12:22:48 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
foolish me. i joined this thread thinking i would read comments about avery bradley.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2015, 01:52:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Vastly improved offensive team? They're second in the league in offensive efficiency and were first until Durant got hurt. They just blew out the vaunted defensive powerhouse Jazz by 22 in Utah this week and were leading by 35 at one point -- on the second night of a back-to-back, at that; their offense is fine.

People forget that Scott Brooks was the coach for SEVEN YEARS; it's going to take a while for Donovan's ball movement philosophies to really be embraced -- and we're already seeing that happen over the past few games.

OKC were regularly one of the top teams in offensive efficiency over past few years. But their offense still failed them in the playoffs because of the high number of low-utility offensive threats in their lineup + bad ball movement. Allowed teams to load up on Durant and Westbrook and slow the team down offensively.

I haven't seen any progress in ball movement under Donovan. I am not optimistic about him being a solution to OKC ills. I think they should have gone for a different coach. I am very skeptical about him.

I also think some of OKC's ball movement problems are personnel related. Hard to be a passing team when your big men are bad passers.

Edit: Vastly improved offense = I meant as having two more offensive options (A.Bradley, Sully vs A.Robertson, S.Adams). Ibaka at center. Five guys who can all shoot the ball. Better scoring from SG. Better passing, ball-handling and spacing. More mismatches with Sully/Ibaka being defended by opposing center. Harder to load up on Durant + Westbrook. Tougher for playoff teams to load up on Durant / Westbrook like they have done in previous seasons.

OKC's offense is what's failed them in the playoffs? They haven't been beaten in the playoffs fully healthy since the Finals run. That's patently false. Missing Westbrook or Ibaka is what's hindered them in the playoffs.