Author Topic: Ben Simmons 21pts,20rb,7assts  (Read 3357 times)

Re: Ben Simmons 21pts,20rb,7assts
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2015, 11:04:34 AM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Looks like he'll be special.   What's his long-term position?

Power forward, IMHO. He's about the same size as Blake Griffin. I don't think to would make much sense putting him at SF where his quickness of the bounce and in transition will be less pronounced and his lack of a 3-point shot more damaging.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2015, 11:25:57 AM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
PLEASE GIVE US LUCK LOTTERY GODS, PLEASE

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2015, 12:15:49 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
After just a few games Simmons has separated from the pack and looks like a clear cut #1 pick.

I'm gonna try real hard not to get my hopes up.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2015, 12:30:27 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
I keep hearing the guy is good but cant shoot if his life depended on it...ithen if thats the case, he is just another Evan Turner, very good handles but cant shoot the threeball. I know there is a lot of hate here for ET and everyone is drooling about Simmons but Same can be said about ET when he came out of college... Please tell me Simmons is not just another Antoine.

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2015, 12:38:44 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I keep hearing the guy is good but cant shoot if his life depended on it...ithen if thats the case, he is just another Evan Turner, very good handles but cant shoot the threeball. I know there is a lot of hate here for ET and everyone is drooling about Simmons but Same can be said about ET when he came out of college... Please tell me Simmons is not just another Antoine.
Lebron wasn't a shooter his first few years either.  He turned out fine.  Same with Westbrook.  I think you can compare Simmons to better players than Walker and Turner.

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:11 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Many stats people use free throw shooting as an indication of whether a player can someday learn to shoot 3's. Simmons is an 81% free throw shooter as a freshman and that makes me optimistic about his shooting long term.

The difference between a guy like Turner and Simmons is that Simmons has the size/athleticism to get all the way to the rim and finish where Turner can only free himself for midrange shots.

Simmons is also rebounding like a beast in college and that usually translates to the nba.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2015, 12:48:56 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Many stats people use free throw shooting as an indication of whether a player can someday learn to shoot 3's. Simmons is an 81% free throw shooter as a freshman and that makes me optimistic about his shooting long term.
Free throws have absolutely nothing to do with shooting  threes.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2015, 12:01:20 PM »

Offline Emmette Bryant

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 286

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2015, 12:12:36 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
If sixers don't trade back, he is as good as theirs. They have a lot of roster spots, but trading Simmons will be a tough thing especially since they have a billion picks to use anyway.
the sixers have exactly a 25% shot at him, at best. why do you think "he is as good as theirs?"
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva