Author Topic: Ben Simmons 21pts,20rb,7assts  (Read 3372 times)

Ben Simmons 21pts,20rb,7assts
« on: November 24, 2015, 01:53:49 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 In the one point loss to Marquette. I wish we could have kept Mickey in LSU for this year but still have his rights. I really wish you could do that. Nbdl is depressing.

Really praying for the #1 pick cause Simmons is a virtual Lock for the first pick.

But 20 boards in his what fourth game, Crazy. And he was 23 and 16 boards last game. Man Child. Freak. Lebron couldn't really shot early either. This kid's Upside is scary.

He's a way more talented more athletic Lamar Odom. Both Lefty, Simmons would leave Odom in the dust athletically, and up and down the court, much faster.

And Lamar was no slouch.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:01:05 AM by KG Living Legend »

Re: Ben Simmons 21pts,20rb,7assts
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 02:15:37 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
He's that good. You can see it from watching him for 2 random minutes. We gotta get lucky here, just one time...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2015, 02:17:28 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
If sixers don't trade back, he is as good as theirs. They have a lot of roster spots, but trading Simmons will be a tough thing especially since they have a billion picks to use anyway.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2015, 02:18:43 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Looks like he'll be special.   What's his long-term position?

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2015, 02:18:45 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's pretty fantastic.  He's been inarguably the best player in every game he's played so far.
 LSU has a light schedule early on, so it was nice to see him be so dominant against Marquette.  I also like the 9-11 free throws.  Getting to the line that often is a good sign of aggression.  Barring injury, he's hands down the top NBA prospect out there.

I just don't want to get too excited, because the lottery heartbreak in May could be devastating.

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2015, 02:20:08 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
In 4 games he's averaging 19.2 points, 14.5 rebounds, 5.2 assists, 1 block, 2 steals on like 60% shooting and 80% from the line.

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2015, 02:24:47 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
 He's a Point Forward. A Natural Small Forward just needs a better jumpshot, but he's such a great ball handler and passer and he's so [dang] fast hardly anyone can keep him from blowing right by you.

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2015, 02:29:53 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Gotta figure that, realistically, ping pong balls could change our organization for many years to come. That's crazy. Can't imagine playing this game as a GM (e.g., Hinkie)... probably have a heart attack.

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2015, 03:07:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
Gotta figure that, realistically, ping pong balls could change our organization for many years to come. That's crazy. Can't imagine playing this game as a GM (e.g., Hinkie)... probably have a heart attack.
Yeah I mean if Philly gets Simmons, Saric shows up, Embiid gets healthy and Okafor and Noel keep progressing, they'll have to make a move for a guard at some point.   

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2015, 03:14:47 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
Yeah I mean if Philly gets Simmons, Saric shows up, Embiid gets healthy and Okafor and Noel keep progressing, they'll have to make a move for a guard at some point.

One-way combo guard? I know where they can find one...

« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2015, 03:29:36 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Haha! Rondo!
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2015, 09:13:49 AM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Or they can tank one more year to pick up a point guard in the draft.
(and then tank for some quality bench players.  ;))

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:32:49 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He's a Point Forward. A Natural Small Forward just needs a better jumpshot, but he's such a great ball handler and passer and he's so [dang] fast hardly anyone can keep him from blowing right by you.

He's got a decent jump shot for a 19 year-old.  He's got a good shooting motion on his free throws, and I think his jump shot will improve over time with repetition.  Of course, when he's that good at getting to the rim, the best decision is always to drive to the hoop, so he probably won't get that in-game repetition until the pros.  My bigger question is defense.  Not that he's bad at it -- just that I've mostly seen highlights but for 10 minute of a game, and I don't know how he does on your average possession.  He's obviously got the size/strength/athleticism to be a great defender, but does he use it?

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2015, 10:23:00 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Simmons would fit in so well at the 4 for the C's. His ball handling takes the pressure off Smart to run the show, his size and athleticism allow him to switch 2-4.

If the C's can spread the floor properly very few 4's in the league would be able to keep in front of Simmons off the dribble.

He is in a tier by himself in this draft.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
I pray Brooklyn continue to suck. This kid is the real deal. Better prospect than Wiggins (offensively anyways). He looks really aggressive out there too, doesn't disappear like Wiggins
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6