Author Topic: If the season ended today, who would you retain and who would you let walk?  (Read 3951 times)

Re: If the season ended today, who would you retain and who would you let walk?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 07:45:41 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Thomas and or Johnson. Signed as backups. Both are not starting caliber on a Championship contender.

This Team needs to shed payroll and lure a legit Starting PG and trade for a legit starting C.

I go all out for Cousins, especially with the 16 Nets pick a Top 3 at the moment. The only Pick I would not deal is the 17 "switch picks" with Nets. Thon Maker draft is worth the wait.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 08:36:55 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
Sully can have the Max .....

Might as well,......

i don't see Durrant , James , or Anthony Davis signing with Boston ....Griiffin, Cousins aren't leaving.

Give the money to somebody ....might as well be Sully.

I d rather give Sully Max money than an idiot like Whiteside.

Max what?

I was at the Brooklyn game last night,  Sully didn't even make it back on defense past half-court
on numerous occasions.  His 3 point percentage is .367.  He may match up against other centers at times, but clearly he is an PF who lacks speed or athleticism. He's a role player on a team filled with role players.  He's simply not worth star money.  I'd be surprised that he's here after February. And for the life of me, I cannot understand all the talk of his summer conditioning. I have not seen evidence of this, despite his sleek hairstyle.
"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 09:20:13 PM »

Offline Celts Fan 508

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
Since IT has been starting  I really like Turner and see a future for him as a solid bench player, especially with Bradley on the bench as he needs help with ball handling. 

As for Sully I would sell high and trade him for whatever is the best offer.
2019 historical draft.  Pick 12

Tim Duncan, Oscar Robertson, Elgin Baylor, Scottie Pippen, Willis Reed, Mitch Richmond, Sam Jones, Dan Majerle, Bob Cousy, Rasheed Wallace, Shawn Kemp, Marcus Camby

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 09:40:51 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Look We may have four guaranteed contract coming in next year as a reult of having four first round picks.

That means Lee Is Gone no doubt. Zeller is gone as well. Jonas is on the bubble, Sullinger stays if we can compromise on a deal. Amir is on the bubble, but hope we can keep him.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 10:01:35 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232

Look We may have four guaranteed contract coming in next year as a reult of having four first round picks.

That means Lee Is Gone no doubt. Zeller is gone as well. Jonas is on the bubble, Sullinger stays if we can compromise on a deal. Amir is on the bubble, but hope we can keep him.

In the very unlikely event all 4 of those picks convey, or the more likely three convey, then I'd be really surprised to see us use all three of those picks. It's certainly possible, especially if we don't go farther than the 1st round with this group but I think it's more likely send a couple of the picks and/or players out for an established guy or we consolidate two or three of them for a better pick.

I know that's what everyone said last year, but after drafting 4 guys last year and Charlotte missing out on pretty major haul I think we avoid using all three picks this year unless we really looking to infuse some youth, or that Brooklyn pick ends up in the top 3.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 10:19:13 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Might as well,......

i don't see Durrant , James , or Anthony Davis signing with Boston ....Griiffin, Cousins aren't leaving.

Max what?

I was at the Brooklyn game last night,  Sully didn't even make it back on defense past half-court
on numerous occasions.  His 3 point percentage is .367.  He may match up against other centers at times, but clearly he is an PF who lacks speed or athleticism. He's a role player on a team filled with role players.  He's simply not worth star money.  I'd be surprised that he's here after February. And for the life of me, I cannot understand all the talk of his summer conditioning. I have not seen evidence of this, despite his sleek hairstyle.

I hope you aren't using that 3pt% as a knock b/c 37% is good for a guard and excellent for a big.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 10:57:13 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Sullinger, Johnson, and Turner.
Turner is like a multi tool.
You can plug him in anywhere.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 11:05:36 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Is Ainge going to let everyone walk and insert recent draft picks to take their place?  As it stands,

Lee
Johnson
Jerebko
Turner
Zeller
Sully

are all set to expire. With

Bradley
Thomas
Crowder
Smart
Olynk
Rozier
Young
Mikey
Hunter
Under contract.
Assuming no trades:

Lee  --> gone
Johnson --> like him but not for $12 mill per year.  don't pick up option
Jerebko --> don't pick up option
Turner --> gone
Zeller --> offer team-friendly deal or let hit RFA and see what market says
Sully --> offer fair deal to avoid RFA.  don't let him hit the market if avoidable.

Under contract so no options other than to trade since they can't just walk
Bradley
Thomas
Crowder
Smart
Olynk
Rozier
Young
Mickey
Hunter

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2015, 11:21:58 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Is Ainge going to let everyone walk and insert recent draft picks to take their place?  As it stands,

Lee
Johnson
Jerebko
Turner
Zeller
Sully

Bradley
Thomas
Crowder
Smart
Olynk
Rozier
Young
Mikey
Hunter

Under contract.

Amir, Jerebko, and Turner are keepers for my squad. Lee doesn't fit, and I'd let the market set. The price for Sulky and Zeller before making much of a commitment, tending toward letting them walk, or signing a short term deal if we strike out elsewhere.

Olynyk and Amir, with Jerebko and Crowder, could be a 4-bigrotationnext year if we don't get a powerhouse big. Plus the younger guys. No need to pay Sully or Zeller big money.

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2015, 11:56:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
If the season ended today, I'd let Lee, Turner and Zeller walk. If we want to create extra cap space  to bring max free agents, then we also could not pick up the option on Johnson and Jerebko.

That being said, there is no way the team doesn't make a trade before the deadline, so by next year I would probably be choosing from different players.
ftp.gif
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2015, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Might as well,......

Max what?

I don't think we should offer him max, but he should be re-signed to a value deal of possible. He's an elite rebounder  with a great bball IQ. Finally putting a solid defensive big man next to him has and letting him play under the basket more has catered to his strengths. Hopefully his 3 point shot can stay above 35% for the rest of the season.

I don't know what to say if you think he hasn't lost any weight.
It's obvious to me and most others - he's probably dunked at least 10 times this year. I think I've seen him dunk maybe 10 times in his entire career.

The effort and hustle is certainly there, the question is whether or not he can keep it up for an entire season.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2015, 12:12:09 AM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
it all depends on who we could get in FA and who we could trade for.

Lee- if he wants to come back on small money and we have room sure
Johnson- Keep him unless we can win a trade with him
Jerebko- same as Amir
Turner- If we can get another ball handler I am fine with letting him go. He does also bring some go to scoring that we would need to replace
Zeller- if we are not going to play him I doubt he will want to be here after this year
Sully- he is the biggest question mark. I'd like to trade him while we can.

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2015, 12:33:48 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

In the very unlikely event all 4 of those picks convey, or the more likely three convey, then I'd be really surprised to see us use all three of those picks. It's certainly possible, especially if we don't go farther than the 1st round with this group but I think it's more likely send a couple of the picks and/or players out for an established guy or we consolidate two or three of them for a better pick.

I know that's what everyone said last year, but after drafting 4 guys last year and Charlotte missing out on pretty major haul I think we avoid using all three picks this year unless we really looking to infuse some youth, or that Brooklyn pick ends up in the top 3.

I'm sure Ainge will try to consolidate some picks especially the 2nd rounders, but we may just end up addind three more first round picks to this team.

We could be drafting #5 pick overall. #17 our pick and #20 Dallas pick.  It would be nice to move up but who knows if there is a dance partner.

I think it's cool. It's like we have a farm NBA Team.
 Next year we could have at the end of our rotation Rozier, Hunter, Young, Mickey, Jaylen Brown SF, Diamond Stone center, Nigel Hayes PF/SF

We could easily win it all with the Red Claws.

In this scenario although not ideal, we have 7 players so who's the other 8.

Smart
 Sully resigns
 Crowder
 Amir
 Avery
 Thomas
 Kelly

This is not a terrible scenario for and up and coming team. Now we have Jaylen Brown to add to the team and one roster spot left for either a free agent Durant yeah right.

Or one of Jonas, Turner, or Zeller.

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2015, 12:39:03 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618

Lee
Johnson
Jerebko
Turner
Zeller
Sully

Bradley
Thomas
Crowder
Smart
Olynk
Rozier
Young
Mikey
Hunter

Under contract.

Amir, Jerebko, and Turner are keepers for my squad. Lee doesn't fit, and I'd let the market set. The price for Sulky and Zeller before making much of a commitment, tending toward letting them walk, or signing a short term deal if we strike out elsewhere.

Olynyk and Amir, with Jerebko and Crowder, could be a 4-bigrotationnext year if we don't get a powerhouse big. Plus the younger guys. No need to pay Sully or Zeller big money.

Crowder is an undersized (but brilliant) 3, or swing, not a big. But yeah, if we do trade for a powerhouse big as you say, KO and Amir need to be there too.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2015, 12:52:56 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

You know why my scenario is not so strange?

Because it's exactly what happened last year.

Stupid Jordan.