Author Topic: Can someone Bump the original Kg to the Nets trade thread  (Read 1432 times)

Re: Can someone Bump the original Kg to the Nets trade thread
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 04:33:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I was on board with it.  I felt we should have traded KG and Pierce a couple years earlier.  Pretty amazing he got the value he did.   I loved it more and more as details came out.

Sounds serious... getting back bogans and Reggie Evans to make salaries work.  Awful return player-wise, but the draft picks will be very helpful chips down the line.

Fantastic full-blown tank-mode trade.  I could see Rondo traded next... or they just let him take his sweet time returning from ACL surgery so we completely bottom out this year.  Ainge is making the right move here.  You can't remove Pierce, add Smith and contend.  That's a bandaid move.  This is how you properly build from the ground up. 

and later

Two picks in 2014 (awesome)

Two picks in 2015 (clippers/us)

Two picks in 2016

Two picks in 2018

No-brainer.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:04 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Just skimmed through the whole thread.

Phew... I was firmly in support of the deal! Thankfully, I don't look like an idiot now that we are years removed from the deal. We'll just ignore the part where I sang Toko Shengelia's praises.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=66010.msg1504084#msg1504084

edit: couldn't remember what I thought looking back. I remembered my heart being sad, but couldn't remember what my mind told me. Guess I caught on to the value of the 3 1sts + the 2017 swap in time to keep my emotions at bay.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 04:40:26 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Someone locked the original thread yesterday.
Censorship at its finest.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 04:45:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

Or just good forum hygiene.  We don't need to resurrect threads from 2 and a half years ago.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 05:06:39 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.

Or just good forum hygiene.  We don't need to resurrect threads from 2 and a half years ago.

Fair point, I just believe it was locked for different reasons ;)
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 05:11:02 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
I remember I first heard this was at another fan site called Celtic-Nation

A new user created a thread and said he worked for the wolves and said the KG was a done deal (this almost a full day before ANYONE else has reported it)

I always wondered if he really was an employee or just guessing right, cause at that time he posted it seemed like the KG deal was dead.

I remember this. Barely anyone really believed the user when he posted about the KG deal.