Author Topic: Really wanted Hollis Jefferson in this draft.  (Read 1875 times)

Really wanted Hollis Jefferson in this draft.
« on: November 22, 2015, 09:40:34 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

It's funny how he played with the most heart tonight in the big embarrassment game. He is a real competitor he showed that at Arizona and he's showing it now.
 He was a tough get in the draft he went 23, we took Rozier at 16. He was just a better fit position wise. We would have been unreal with Crowder-RHJ,  combination. And of course we could have played small ball with both of them together.

I still really like Rozier no doubt.  Tough to see him go to the Nets and play well.

Re: Really wanted Hollis Jefferson in this draft.
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 09:44:03 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Couldn't shoot coming out. But a 7" 2" wingspan is crazy on a 6'6" wing also jumped 38" max vertical.
 Fantastic athlete.

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 10:52:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Cause we sure need another guy who can't shoot.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 10:55:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Fantastic athlete, but every time he shoots, I always yell out, "BRICK!"
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Hunter can shoot but he rarely plays. Kelly can shoot but they don't go in this year. The guy would fit in perfect here. Great athlete that can't shoot.

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2015, 01:41:15 AM »

Offline jr_3421

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
He's plays well for a rookie but I don't think he'll ever be playable at the end of games with his shooting. It's just too important nowadays.
"In the 4th quarter I'm whole different player"

-Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2015, 03:23:11 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Imho Rozier has far, far higher upside as a potential two way player.

Remember Rozier has been known for his defense as well, he's a tough kid.  On this team, RHJ would never play.  He's be either art the end of the bench or in Maine.  We just don't have enough star power to be able to play guys who are that offensively limited.  He looks good in Brooklyn because their team is so horrendously bad, which has him (as a result) starting and getting big minutes. If he was buried on a deep roster like ours hed be invisible.

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2015, 04:20:16 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I love him too. I thought the Nets did a great trade picking him up in the draft. About the last good thing they did this past summer though. Pity (for them) that they did such a bad job building their bench in free agency.

I think RHJ would standout even more for them if they were a more competitive team. Exactly what they needed to add on perimeter = high quality athleticism and defense. Sorta like Memphis when they got Tony Allen a few years ago. I think RHJ could have had a really big impact there in helping that Nets borderline playoff team into a really solid group.

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2015, 05:01:42 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Imho Rozier has far, far higher upside as a potential two way player.

Remember Rozier has been known for his defense as well, he's a tough kid.  On this team, RHJ would never play.  He's be either art the end of the bench or in Maine.  We just don't have enough star power to be able to play guys who are that offensively limited.  He looks good in Brooklyn because their team is so horrendously bad, which has him (as a result) starting and getting big minutes. If he was buried on a deep roster like ours hed be invisible.

TP.
Rondae might have been able to come in and provide some defensive help but we've got Crowder  here. Rondae's ceiling in the NBA is as a very solid role player. I like Rondae and like him in the draft but he's a glue guy, not star material.

Rozier has All Star potential.
Once he gets his head around his defensive rotations and Brad puts him on the floor, we will see the beast that is Rozier.
He's arguably got the highest ceiling of anyone on this Celtics team.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2015, 07:01:57 AM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
Really wanted this guy on draft night and still do. Rozier may be higher upside for all I know but he's not going to get the chance to prove it with a billion other guards ahead of him on the rotation.

We've had Jerebko, Smart, and RJ all filling in at the three for significant minutes this season. RHJ would have given us valuable minutes as a reasonable Crowder facsimile who could play with the second unit.

Great words from a great man