Author Topic: Smart out "A couple weeks plus"  (Read 2538 times)

Re: Smart out "A couple weeks plus"
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2015, 06:10:53 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I believe he ll get better.  But I also believe he ll be out 4 weeks , not 2 ......C's aren't contenders this year......probably the Celtics most valuable asset and future .  Let him get better .

I predict 4 min weeks R&R .  ......the kid needs it ...to get his body fit  again.

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2015, 06:12:12 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Smart has had a lot of injuries in his short career, not a good sign. Maybe he will learn to shoot during his time off?

I hope to see much more of RJ and Rozier!

« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2015, 07:34:02 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Well I guess we get to see if the fears about starting a 5'9 185 pound point guard next to a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard are warranted.  Seems to me a Thomas/Bradley back court will give every opposing back-court a Dirk Nowitzki height advantage. 

Maybe we start Turner at SG to deal with the size issue?

Should be a hit on defense, but maybe an improvement offensively.  Smart has been pretty terrible on that end.
I like this idea. Bradley has been good in the 6th man role, keep him there.  Turner is bit bigger than Bradley.  Play RJ more to help on defense.
Surprised turner didn't get the start.  Kind of thought his size mixed w Thomas would be good and keep Bradley as sixth man

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Well I guess we get to see if the fears about starting a 5'9 185 pound point guard next to a 6'2 180 pound shooting guard are warranted.  Seems to me a Thomas/Bradley back court will give every opposing back-court a Dirk Nowitzki height advantage. 

Maybe we start Turner at SG to deal with the size issue?

Should be a hit on defense, but maybe an improvement offensively.  Smart has been pretty terrible on that end.
I like this idea. Bradley has been good in the 6th man role, keep him there.  Turner is bit bigger than Bradley.  Play RJ more to help on defense.
Surprised turner didn't get the start.  Kind of thought his size mixed w Thomas would be good and keep Bradley as sixth man
Not surprising. Stevens always pairs ball handling/offense with defense.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2015, 12:32:52 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
According to a new ESPN article, Smart could be out quite a while:

"Like an MCL, you need the soft tissue to heal in the joint such that it is relatively pain free allowing for return to play," said Dr. Adickes. "A two-week return is possible, but 4-6 weeks is a more conservative and likely timetable."

Awesome. So he could very well be out the rest of 2015.

Smart's turning into Avery Bradley 2.0. Is this injury, like last year's severe ankle sprain, going to affect his explosiveness? Meaning that even after he comes back he won't be of much use on offense? (Not that he's been of much use on offense so far this year.)

No doubt the defense will suffer—which scares me, because I'm not sure the offense can compensate.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2015, 12:58:47 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

"Like an MCL, you need the soft tissue to heal in the joint such that it is relatively pain free allowing for return to play," said Dr. Adickes. "A two-week return is possible, but 4-6 weeks is a more conservative and likely timetable."

Smart's turning into Avery Bradley 2.0. Is this injury, like last year's severe ankle sprain, going to affect his explosiveness? Meaning that even after he comes back he won't be of much use on offense? (Not that he's been of much use on offense so far this year.)

No doubt the defense will suffer—which scares me, because I'm not sure the offense can compensate.

The injury is definitely concerning. No comment on whether or not it's chronic, but this issue can be... and given the rehab process, that'd obviously be very bad.

I'm more concerned with his lack of offensive improvement. I'm hoping it's more  psychological than physical, but I've seen him struggle to get past defenders and/or finish at the rim more often than not. May be an even worse sign than the injury...
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2015, 01:05:09 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

The injury is definitely concerning. No comment on whether or not it's chronic, but this issue can be... and given the rehab process, that'd obviously be very bad.

I'm more concerned with his lack of offensive improvement. I'm hoping it's more  psychological than physical, but I've seen him struggle to get past defenders and/or finish at the rim more often than not. May be an even worse sign than the injury...

Yeah, having Tony Allen 2.0 is great, but I hope for more from the No. 6 pick.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis