Author Topic: Tobias Harris is the perfect fit in Boston, could help C's reach ECF  (Read 3077 times)

Re: Tobias Harris is the perfect fit in Boston, could help C's reach ECF
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:30 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
I think Danny goes for Barnes over Harris given his love affair with Barnes.

A Barnes for Crowder swap with GSW is something I could see happening quite easily if GSW decide that they don't wanna pay Barnes 18 million to be the 4th fiddle on their team.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 10:23:33 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Like Barnes over Harris.

I actually don't even like Harris anymore. I've been watching him this year, and holy... He takes some ill-advised shots, and doesn't even look ENGAGED on defense..

Celtics fan would boo this guy. His lack of effort on defense is just atrocious, but maybe its just the games I'm watching. But boy... He looks extremely sloppy and loses his man way too often.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 10:24:42 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Advanced stats have Harris as a very average player.  Only shooting 31% from 3 (he'd fit right in).

Don't see him as a big upgrade, and certainly not at $16m per year.
Bahahaha TP!

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 12:21:34 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
We'd have to give up a first too

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 01:06:36 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

A Barnes for Crowder swap with GSW is something I could see happening quite easily if GSW decide that they don't wanna pay Barnes 18 million to be the 4th fiddle on their team.

Yep, seems like it. I'd max out Barnes without much hesitation. Beggars can't be choosers, he'd be a significant two-way upgrade at the 3, and there's definitely a chance he breaks out as a go-to guy for the first time in his career. Having watched nearly every game of his at UNC, I can say he tended to be a bit inconsistent with his aggressiveness, but also fully capable of being the man on any give night.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 01:06:59 AM »

Offline Greyman

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 211
I think if Ainge wanted him that he would have signed him this summer.  He showed zero interest, why then would he trade for him now?

This ^

Danny wanting to land a BIGGER fish

I think this might be the position now. DA may have tried earlier but I don't see the priority now.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 03:13:42 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
Meh.

Advance stats show Harris is an atrocious defensive player, and yet offensively he's barely above average by starter standards - he has struggled to average more than 16-17 Per 36 despite consistently playong on terrible orlando teams as a top 1 or 2 scoring option.

Hes kind of an Avery Bradley type.  A guy you're not going to complain about having if you have him, but not one youd go out of your way to try and get.  Not good enough on either end of the floor to make this team all that much better.

« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2015, 03:17:55 AM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

I think this works be a no brainer.  Barnes is a two way player and excellent outside shooter - worst case scenario is he'll have a long career as a good 3 and D guy who helps you win games.  Harris isn't good enough at the three or the D to convince me he could do the same....so with him it's Kinda "offensive superstar or bust".

The cane off him becoming an offensive superstar is there, but its very slim imho.