Author Topic: (Rumor) Hassan Whiteside  (Read 10618 times)

Re: (Rumor) Hassan Whiteside
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 08:13:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
concerns me that Whiteside has a career total of 9 assists ......
and this comes in a nba total of 78 games. i guess he didnt learn to share in kindergarden.  ;D
lol is that stat true?  9 total assists ?

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2015, 08:22:04 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
and this comes in a nba total of 78 games. i guess he didnt learn to share in kindergarden.  ;D
lol is that stat true?  9 total assists ?

He averages .01 for his career and .03 for the season...Looks to be a man out for himself.

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2015, 08:23:42 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Three way deal of whiteside to Boston. Assets and deng to Chicago. Noah to heat.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2015, 08:26:15 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Joakim Noah,, now Whiteside..who is next to be rumor of coming here?

Blake Griffin

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2015, 08:29:07 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I'm greedy

Take Whiteside and Noel

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 08:36:21 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
He also had 10 blocks(!!) against the Wolves and he is blocking 4.5 shots per 29 minutes!!

Depends on the price. We have a lot of picks but it has to be a late one.
I might even offer them this year’s Brooklyn pick (plus fillers) for Whiteside and Winslow.

It is obviously a huge risk since he is an expiring, but let’s face it, if we don’t move now, we will most likely strike out in free agency. What would you guys be willing to give for him?
first, what exactly makes you think this?
We haven’t ever signed a significant free agent, not to mention the fact that the cap is rising and there will be numerous potential suitors for him next summer.

second, are you saying that if the celtics do move now that they will do well with free agents?
I am just saying that this is probably our only realistic chance of acquiring him.

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2015, 08:50:13 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Whiteside is a genuine nut job.
Ask yourself, if Whiteside was that special, do you think Pat Riley would give him up vs letting D Wade go?
Wouldn't make any sense.

If he is on the trade market, it's because the heat thought maxing him out was too risky.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2015, 08:58:09 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I would be highly surprised if Celtics grab him. Not CBS type of player

« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2015, 09:44:31 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I'd certainly take the gamble at the right price but it'll never happen. Me no believe yabada vagina.

« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2015, 09:46:38 PM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
Can we please not discuss any possible deals on certain players until the rumors are reported by something that's actually credible? Like Woj? Or Marc Spears?

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2015, 10:02:05 PM »

Offline notthebowler

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 27
Whiteside is a genuine nut job.
Ask yourself, if Whiteside was that special, do you think Pat Riley would give him up vs letting D Wade go?
Wouldn't make any sense.

If he is on the trade market, it's because the heat thought maxing him out was too risky.

TP.  If we give Whiteside a big contract we will end up longing for the good old days of Mark Blount.  Remember when we "struck gold" with him?  How many 20 rebound games did Blount have during his contract year?  I think people forget (or some are too young to have seen it) how good he was that year...he was phenomenal. Then he got a big contract and turned into a sloth.

Character matters. It's not some outdated platitude.  It can influence wins and losses.

« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2015, 10:34:02 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Can we please not discuss any possible deals on certain players until the rumors are reported by something that's actually credible? Like Woj? Or Marc Spears?

That would be like telling Jehovah's Witnesses to stop door knocking.
Impossible!
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2015, 10:56:26 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
He also had 10 blocks(!!) against the Wolves and he is blocking 4.5 shots per 29 minutes!!

I might even offer them this year’s Brooklyn pick (plus fillers) for Whiteside and Winslow.

It is obviously a huge risk since he is an expiring, but let’s face it, if we don’t move now, we will most likely strike out in free agency. What would you guys be willing to give for him?
We haven’t ever signed a significant free agent, not to mention the fact that the cap is rising and there will be numerous potential suitors for him next summer.

second, are you saying that if the celtics do move now that they will do well with free agents?
I am just saying that this is probably our only realistic chance of acquiring him.
when did the celtics have the money/available cap to sign such free agents, and then couldnt?
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2015, 11:05:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619

when did the celtics have the money/available cap to sign such free agents, and then couldnt?

This summer.  Drawing conclusions from one data point isn't wise, but there is now a days point that didn't previously exist.

« Reply #29 on: November 21, 2015, 11:09:40 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Whiteside is a candidate for DPOY so far this year.  He's a personality question mark and I'm also unsure how good a fit he is for Brad's system, but it'd be exciting if the Celts could get him without giving up any of their major assets.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain