Author Topic: (Rumor) Hassan Whiteside  (Read 10613 times)

(Rumor) Hassan Whiteside
« on: November 21, 2015, 07:27:42 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
Miami Heat Rumors: Hassan Whiteside Trade Before Deadline Imminent Rather Than Lose Him To Free Agency; Celtics Ready To Pounce

http://en.yibada.com/articles/83038/20151109/miami-heat-will-lose-hassanwhiteside-free-agency-confirmed-trade-before.htm

tl;dr

The Heat may decide to trade him before the deadline because they don’t have full Bird Rights. Unless they clear their cap space they can only offer him $ 9 million. The Celtics are reportedly interested in trading for him.

It is obviously a huge risk since he is an expiring, but let’s face it, if we don’t move now, we will most likely strike out in free agency. What would you guys be willing to give for him?

Re: (Rumor) Hassan Whiteside
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2015, 07:37:48 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This would be very exciting if true.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2015, 07:38:36 PM »

Offline Mlewis1392

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 12
I would be willing to give them Zeller and our first rounder this year for him.

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 742
I wouldn't be as concerned about his leaving in free agency as I would be in him coming to Boston and acting out. Or worse, playing awesome, signing a big contract with the C's, and then not giving a **** anymore. Depending on what Miami is asking for, it's probably worth the gamble given his talent but it's definitely something that would make me nervous.

Adding a legit shotblocker to the league's #1 defense would be nice, but I'm not putting much faith in this rumor.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 07:41:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Joakim Noah,, now Whiteside..who is next to be rumor of coming here?
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2015, 07:42:05 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
concerns me that Whiteside has a career total of 9 assists ......

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2015, 07:46:53 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Ehh dude seems extremely overrated to me his heads not always in the game
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2015, 07:51:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Depends on the price. We have a lot of picks but it has to be a late one.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2015, 07:52:57 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
This would be very exciting if true.

And because it's yibada, you know it's not.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2015, 07:54:45 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Lol, not happening.  Riley doesn't trade key expiring players when his teams are contending.  Also, the Heat will have the cap room to re-sign him if they go that route.  They're under the cap same as everyone else, including Wade's cap hold.

Also, Whiteside makes the minimum.  Pretty much any player the Heat acquire to replace him would have a higher salary, which would increase the tax bill they owe.  Considering they're giving away draft picks to owe less money, it seems unlikely they'd downgrade talent to spend more.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:00:50 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2015, 07:56:04 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280

Yeah I saw this, no assist in the last five games. Doesn't seem like a Stevens kind of guy.

The C's don't have much that match salaries. They're going to have to give the heat some money.

Now I could see DA Bringing in Miami in a three way to go after a player he wants with an other team that may want to take a flier on him. I'm a bit worried about the fat contract he's about to get and checking it in after that.

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2015, 07:58:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I like Whiteside a lot, but would rather have Noah..

Man is KG-like, IMO.

I still believe that Noah has a lot of tread left on those tires.

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2015, 07:58:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Yeah I saw this, no assist in the last five games. Doesn't seem like a Stevens kind of guy.

The C's don't have much that match salaries. They're going to have to give the heat some money.

Now I could see DA Bringing in Miami in a three way to go after a player he wants with an other team that may want to take a flier on him. I'm a bit worried about the fat contract he's about to get and checking it in after that.

He thinks he can score at every chance.

Not very smart and also lacks discipline

No thanks.

« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2015, 08:00:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Miami Heat Rumors: Hassan Whiteside Trade Before Deadline Imminent Rather Than Lose Him To Free Agency; Celtics Ready To Pounce

http://en.yibada.com/articles/83038/20151109/miami-heat-will-lose-hassanwhiteside-free-agency-confirmed-trade-before.htm

tl;dr

The Heat may decide to trade him before the deadline because they don’t have full Bird Rights. Unless they clear their cap space they can only offer him $ 9 million. The Celtics are reportedly interested in trading for him.

It is obviously a huge risk since he is an expiring, but let’s face it, if we don’t move now, we will most likely strike out in free agency. What would you guys be willing to give for him?
first, what exactly makes you think this?

second, are you saying that if the celtics do move now that they will do well with free agents?

inquiring minds want to know.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2015, 08:04:13 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
and this comes in a nba total of 78 games. i guess he didnt learn to share in kindergarden.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva