Author Topic: Is Marcus too unselfish for the celtics offense?  (Read 1443 times)

Re: Is Marcus too unselfish for the celtics offense?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2015, 01:09:29 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Smart isn't good enough offensively and the offense is built around team ball anyway. The summer league is garbage time, so that doesn't mean anything.

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2015, 01:12:32 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Smart isn't good enough offensively and the offense is built around team ball anyway. The summer league is garbage time, so that doesn't mean anything.

Trade Smart? Not baiting you here ... I'd trade him asap for the right return (e.g., Noel or equivalent) while he still has perceived upside. Don't mind looking like a fool if he ends up the 15,5,5,1.5 guy we hoped for in suggesting it.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2015, 01:23:16 AM by tarheelsxxiii »
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 02:57:09 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.

Trade Smart? Not baiting you here ... I'd trade him asap for the right return (e.g., Noel or equivalent) while he still has perceived upside. Don't mind looking like a fool if he ends up the 15,5,5,1.5 guy we hoped for in suggesting it.
Smart is a winner. I would not trade him until we see the way this draft ends up. Zeller, Turner, Lee  possibly Sullyand Bradley are deadline trade bait at the moment.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
We will never see what Smart can become with IT here. Smart's biggest potential is developing at PG into a Lowry type PG. Just not going to happen playing 12mins a night at the position. Especially with BS having him set screens over and over most of those minutes. I get that it's a plus to Smart's size that he can do that but let the guy run plays and create.

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2015, 03:18:11 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
"Too unselfish". Also known as "I can't shoot a lick, so I'd rather toss the ball to someone else".
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2015, 03:54:43 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
We all notice a relatively non-existent offensive game with this kid, so let's not make excuses like "oh, he must be too unselfish." I don't know why we can't just accept the fact that he just doesn't have it in him to take over games, I'm perfectly happy with Tony Allen 2.0, it's not sexy but that's what this kid is, he's a defensive anchor at the guard spot, which, looking at the way the nba is headed, I'd say its a good thing we have him.

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2015, 03:56:49 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.

Smart is a winner. I would not trade him until we see the way this draft ends up. Zeller, Turner, Lee  possibly Sullyand Bradley are deadline trade bait at the moment.

Evan Turner pretty much downplayed the notion of draft picks and building a team through the draft. Pretty defensive, I guess he knows his time is coming.