Author Topic: Celtics (7-5) at Nets (2-11) Game #13 11/22/15  (Read 44690 times)

Re: Celtics (7-5) at Nets (2-11) Game #13 11/22/15
« Reply #420 on: November 22, 2015, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
Isaiah has done a decent job defensively in some of the games I've watched, but against bigger, veteran guards, he's gotten worked.  Guys who have been around the block in this league, with good size and scoring ability for the point guard position, know how to take advantage of a tiny guy guarding them.

Jack and Monta Ellis are the two that were most noticeable to me.

I'm not really sure why this continues to be brought up as if it's something new and another reason to feel gloomy about this team. We knew when we acquired IT that he was such a defensive liability that even his arguably top-10 level offensive ability couldn't guarantee him a starting job. We knew when he became our starter next to Marcus that it would take elite coaching and effort to hide him defensively. So when Marcus went out, why was one of the significant takeaways that a big PG like Jarrett Jack could get his on Isaiah? That's not the reason we lost the game. Our bigs as a unit significantly underperformed tonight. We got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Amir pretty much did a whole lot of nothing in his 17-18 minutes on the floor tonight, including 0 rebounds. Sullinger had 10 rebounds and 3 assists, but just 9 points off 3-10 shooting. To back them up, we had Olynyk going 2-6, Jerebko going 1-5, and Lee going 0-3. In addition to Brook's 23 and Thad Young's double-double, our bigs allowed Bargnani to score 12 points without any assistance from the 3-point shot and watched Thomas Robinson post a very efficient 5 points, 3 rebounds and a steal in just 10 minutes. That's not going to get it done, and that's the primary reason we lost.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #421 on: November 22, 2015, 11:06:24 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Watching the Clips.

Literally painful. Sending Doc to LA was the right thing  :-\
Deandre Jordan only averaging 10 a game is a joke. That dude could easily score 20 a game and shoot close to 60 percent while doing that.

He'd be up around 18 playing with Rondo I'll betcha...

« Reply #422 on: November 22, 2015, 11:18:11 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Isaiah has done a decent job defensively in some of the games I've watched, but against bigger, veteran guards, he's gotten worked.  Guys who have been around the block in this league, with good size and scoring ability for the point guard position, know how to take advantage of a tiny guy guarding them.

I'm not really sure why this continues to be brought up as if it's something new and another reason to feel gloomy about this team. We knew when we acquired IT that he was such a defensive liability that even his arguably top-10 level offensive ability couldn't guarantee him a starting job. We knew when he became our starter next to Marcus that it would take elite coaching and effort to hide him defensively. So when Marcus went out, why was one of the significant takeaways that a big PG like Jarrett Jack could get his on Isaiah? That's not the reason we lost the game. Our bigs as a unit significantly underperformed tonight. We got absolutely destroyed on the boards. Amir pretty much did a whole lot of nothing in his 17-18 minutes on the floor tonight, including 0 rebounds. Sullinger had 10 rebounds and 3 assists, but just 9 points off 3-10 shooting. To back them up, we had Olynyk going 2-6, Jerebko going 1-5, and Lee going 0-3. In addition to Brook's 23 and Thad Young's double-double, our bigs allowed Bargnani to score 12 points without any assistance from the 3-point shot and watched Thomas Robinson post a very efficient 5 points, 3 rebounds and a steal in just 10 minutes. That's not going to get it done, and that's the primary reason we lost.

Similar to how the Cs allowed Zaza Pachulia to score 14 points the other night. Zaza Pachulia should never be allowed to score 14 points in one game. Never.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #423 on: November 22, 2015, 11:39:11 PM »

Offline inverselock

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 44

Similar to how the Cs allowed Zaza Pachulia to score 14 points the other night. Zaza Pachulia should never be allowed to score 14 points in one game. Never.

Need another tough big like Sully with a little more athleticism.   Amir is ok, but moves like he's carrying an injury and is inconsistent.  The rest of the bigs are soft.