Author Topic: Dwight Howard  (Read 5600 times)

Re: Dwight Howard
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2015, 08:10:16 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Just  my own observation, there are a lot fewer posters in this and other Celtics blogs this year.  I am not saying the Celtics have lost fans, but they have pulled back from active participation...gone into a "wait" mode, maybe.

I believe Ainge has alienated a lot of fans by the wholesale dismantling of beloved Celtics players over the past few years, and I don't think he would win many back with the addition of Dwight Howard. 

Speaking for myself, I have been a Celtics fan for more than 50 years, and this year I find myself following the Clippers, the Kings, the Timberwolves, and the Celtics.  I have not let myself get invested in any of the present Celtics, because I am not sure who will be here for the full season.  While it is nice  seeing the young players develop, there would have been more continuity if one or more of the Championship team had been held around to mentor them and possibly offered a position after their playing days ended. 

There is a lingering feeling that player loyalty and fan loyalty are, sadly, disposable commodities.

In other words, Ainge doesn't let his emotions get in the way of his decisions and reasoning. (Well far less than fans do).
I think those same fans will jump back on the bandwagon if we bink a top 3 pick this year with those trades (with more potential lottery picks to come in future years).
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.