Author Topic: Dwight Howard  (Read 5582 times)

Re: Dwight Howard
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Dwight isn't even playing back to backs this season. He is not worth the commitment, especially with the wildcard of his attitude.

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of his attitude - it doesn't help that Harden . But the talent is still there and he'd be an upgrade over what we have right now, so it'd really depend on the asking price.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 02:45:13 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
I want no part of Dwight Howard.

« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2015, 06:22:20 AM »

Offline thirstyboots18

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 2584
Just  my own observation, there are a lot fewer posters in this and other Celtics blogs this year.  I am not saying the Celtics have lost fans, but they have pulled back from active participation...gone into a "wait" mode, maybe.

I believe Ainge has alienated a lot of fans by the wholesale dismantling of beloved Celtics players over the past few years, and I don't think he would win many back with the addition of Dwight Howard. 

Speaking for myself, I have been a Celtics fan for more than 50 years, and this year I find myself following the Clippers, the Kings, the Timberwolves, and the Celtics.  I have not let myself get invested in any of the present Celtics, because I am not sure who will be here for the full season.  While it is nice  seeing the young players develop, there would have been more continuity if one or more of the Championship team had been held around to mentor them and possibly offered a position after their playing days ended. 

There is a lingering feeling that player loyalty and fan loyalty are, sadly, disposable commodities.
He alienated fans by doing great moves that made the team much better for the future? With fans like that, a franchise is in trouble.

Continuity means nothing when you are a not a good team. We had continuity with Pierce pre KG and I can tell you from my firsthand experience, there were not a lot of fans in the arena.

Maybe they lost fans because there were a lot of frontrunners who enjoyed the team when it was at the top and bailed when that was no longer the case.
from your reply, I gather that you disagree with me.   🙃. Please explain how they are so much better now...
Yesterday is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
Today is a gift...
   That is why it is called the present.
Visit the CelticsBlog Live Game Chat!

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2015, 05:46:28 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
Well, our offense is predicated on pace and space. Howard provides neither. At that bargain price I'd certainly do it, but realistically it would take more, and I think other teams would outbid us if Houston made him available.

Harden is the one you want. Not that Houston would trade him, but I'd happily sell the farm.

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2015, 05:54:55 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Well, our offense is predicated on pace and space. Howard provides neither. At that bargain price I'd certainly do it, but realistically it would take more, and I think other teams would outbid us if Houston made him available.

Harden is the one you want. Not that Houston would trade him, but I'd happily sell the farm.
Kind of seems like Harden can be a tough personality to build a team around, though. Maybe as he gets older, that'll smooth out some but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

On the other hand, he'd be the perfect SG to play with Marcus Smart.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2015, 06:01:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I watched Howard bunch this year ....he does less than Sully right now for his team .

He is less tha. 1/3 the hyped player he once was.

And he is a loser , locker room nuisance , .....I wonder if he can even read or write his name.

They should have kept Parsons and trade the lazy clown And now injury riddled Howard .

No Thanks .

Just a Trillin dollar waste of money for the rockets.

« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2015, 01:59:32 AM »

Offline jayk009

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 29
We can get him for almost nothing this year.

If we can get him for cheap I wouldn't mind acquiring him.

« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2015, 08:01:03 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
i would absolutely trade for Dwight Howard. I think he's what this team needs and the C's are what he needs right now. 

I don't know the guy but I feel like Dwight is a people-pleaser and he imbibes whatever culture he joins in. He was coddled too much in Orlando which made him childish; Kobe was being Kobe and he entered a toxic situation in LA; Harden unquestionably leads the league in laziness and that has affected everyone's play on that Rockets team.

Given all that, I guess that paints him as a pretty poor leader, which he probably is. But that's fine given that CBS and Smart have leadership in spades. I really think that if he comes in the C's, he's not going to poison the culture. As a matter of fact, I think he's going to embrace it.

FWIW, it's Harden that I wouldn't trade for. Not only would the price be too high, the only thing he can really do is score (often quite inefficiently). I think that it'll be him who will divide the locker room and 'poison the culture'. Honestly, I'd rather have IT4 who at least tries on defense than Harden who doesn't even try.

- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2015, 08:21:27 AM »

Offline The One

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Yes, please.

Bring him here.

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2015, 08:37:22 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391
Dwight isn't even playing back to backs this season. He is not worth the commitment, especially with the wildcard of his attitude.

Pretty sure that's because of injury, not attitude.

- LilRip

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2015, 08:50:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Just  my own observation, there are a lot fewer posters in this and other Celtics blogs this year.  I am not saying the Celtics have lost fans, but they have pulled back from active participation...gone into a "wait" mode, maybe.

I believe Ainge has alienated a lot of fans by the wholesale dismantling of beloved Celtics players over the past few years, and I don't think he would win many back with the addition of Dwight Howard. 

Speaking for myself, I have been a Celtics fan for more than 50 years, and this year I find myself following the Clippers, the Kings, the Timberwolves, and the Celtics.  I have not let myself get invested in any of the present Celtics, because I am not sure who will be here for the full season.  While it is nice  seeing the young players develop, there would have been more continuity if one or more of the Championship team had been held around to mentor them and possibly offered a position after their playing days ended. 

There is a lingering feeling that player loyalty and fan loyalty are, sadly, disposable commodities.
He alienated fans by doing great moves that made the team much better for the future? With fans like that, a franchise is in trouble.

Continuity means nothing when you are a not a good team. We had continuity with Pierce pre KG and I can tell you from my firsthand experience, there were not a lot of fans in the arena.

Maybe they lost fans because there were a lot of frontrunners who enjoyed the team when it was at the top and bailed when that was no longer the case.
from your reply, I gather that you disagree with me.   🙃. Please explain how they are so much better now...

We have a better record than the last Pierce/KG/Rondo team and 3 consecutive draft picks from a bad team.  As well as several other draft picks and loads of cap space (not that unusual this offseason though).

Fully agreed that I don't want Howard here either, though, not that it's an option.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 09:02:17 AM by foulweatherfan »

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2015, 06:29:52 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
I think this idea of Dwight Howard would be something interesting to see at the trade deadline.  I think it would take some young talent and picks to get it done though.  The trade I'm thinking I'd be looking at is this.

Rockets
Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell - Take him in the trade because he's cheap and helps the money be more even, plus we're taking on Howard big contract.

Celtics
David Lee
James Young
Kelly Olynyk
Jonas Jerebko
Either Dallas or Minnesota which ever is the higher of the two first round picks.
1 or 2 of our 2016 2nd round picks. 

We have 8 draft picks this year so we can give up a 1st and 2 seconds. 

We give them 2 young talents, Lee expiring contract, Jerebko is signed through next year or can be let go with no penalty. 

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
They are going to want Sully in that package.  Who would you want KO or Sully, they probably think that way too.

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2015, 07:08:21 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
This clown is gonna get Brad Stevens fired.

So no to Dwight. He can hang with the other clown James Harden for all I care lol.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2015, 07:26:35 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Danny is way too smart to trade anything of value for Howard .  LOL....

Maybe when we contend .one day ..he'll sign him like we did shed and Shaq .....LOL