Author Topic: Would you trade all of our BKN picks for Durant?  (Read 1401 times)

Would you trade all of our BKN picks for Durant?
« on: November 19, 2015, 07:29:17 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Assuming all of them are top 3 guaranteed.

Durant is the superstar that every teams want to have. But his recent injury concerns are something to be cautious about. He haven't played almost the whole season last year and he's missing games again this season due to injury.

Would you gamble on the potential of Ben Simmons, etc. developing into a MVP type player or try to hit a homerun a with a certified MVP player hoping that he will be healthy all season?

Re: Would you trade all of our BKN picks for Durant?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2015, 07:37:15 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394

Durant is the superstar that every teams want to have. But his recent injury concerns are something to be cautious about. He haven't played almost the whole season last year and he's missing games again this season due to injury.

Would you gamble on the potential of Ben Simmons, etc. developing into a MVP type player or try to hit a homerun a with a certified MVP player hoping that he will be healthy all season?

Is this assuming he signs for a long term deal? Cause for a half season rental ( to a team that still would not contend) he is not worth one of the picks.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 07:41:54 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Is this assuming he signs for a long term deal? Cause for a half season rental ( to a team that still would not contend) he is not worth one of the picks.

And not just any deal, but a max deal.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2015, 07:55:32 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Let's also take that into consideration. But I doubt he would just walk away if we made it deep in the playoffs. Playing here, he won't have Westbrook taking his shots. The problem is his long term health and contract. Would he take a Paul Pierce level max (around 20M/5yrs for extension?

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2015, 08:24:33 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Well let's say a trade for Durant costs

Bos sends : Lee(15 mil expiring) ,  Crowder , 3 brk picks
OKC sends: Durant

That leaves us with a roster of

PG: IT        /   Rozier
SG: Smart / AB
SF: Durant / Turner
PF: Amir    / KO
 C: Sully    / Zeller

I think this team could reach the conference finals, but lose to Cle in 6. 

1)We would still have the Dallas pick , maybe Minny pick , and our own picks to fill out the roster.

2) We would have the cap room to sign Durant and another max player, maybe two (Horford, Whiteside, Mike Conley are all UFA in 2016).

I don't know if a core of Durant , Horford and Conley could win a finals ,but it would be a fun team for sure .

PG: Conley      / IT
SG: Smart      / AB
SF: Durant     / Hunter
PF: Amir        / KO
 C: Horford    / Vet min

But this team would likely only have a 5 year window to be competing for a title , much like the KG era.

Looking at it like this , I would rather keep building through the draft and try to just sign Durant outright , then we could use those picks to trade for players to add around Durant.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2015, 08:25:53 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550

Let's also take that into consideration. But I doubt he would just walk away if we made it deep in the playoffs. Playing here, he won't have Westbrook taking his shots. The problem is his long term health and contract. Would he take a Paul Pierce level max (around 20M/5yrs for extension?
Why in the world would he take less than his absolute MAX?  5yrs/20M isn't much more than Tristan Thompson got.  The 3 Brooklyn 1sts plus Lee for Durant is a no-brainer if Durant agrees to re-sign for 5 more years.  We'd be the 2nd best team in the East without making an additional changes.  And once we got Durant, we'd be a much more desirable destination for top free agents. 

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2015, 08:43:58 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I don't know his ability to stay healthy is getting questionable, this would be a tough call. I'd rather have Westbrook! ;)

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
probably

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 09:22:00 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Not without an extension

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:25:15 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
So tough... I want to.

But not without an extension, and pending any medical reports.

I know its crazy to say this, but I hope we draft Ingram. He looks absolutely amazing, and if he just gained a few more pounds and stayed consistent... Whoo! Kevin Durant 2.0
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 09:35:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2703
Its amazing that the assets we got for a washed up Pierce and KG are something that we would honestly hesitate to give up for Durant.

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Its amazing that the assets we got for a washed up Pierce and KG are something that we would honestly hesitate to give up for Durant.
The thing is, with the cap rising to 100 mil in the next couple years and Boston being a pretty competitive team as-is without a 27 year old MVP-level superstar, imagine what kind of talent you could fill out the roster with if you had Durant here long-term.  This cap situation can't be overlooked.   And although it seems so very unlikely right now, I'm still prepared to see the Nets go on a run. 

But ah... gotta love that dream of landing a superstar through the draft.  When I see Karl Anthony-Towns beasting as a rookie and hear about how Ben Simmons might be the most transcendent talent to enter the league since Durant, it's hard not to get carried away. 

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 10:19:10 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
CAPITAL N O

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 10:24:03 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Assuming he signs an extension? Yes. In a heartbeat.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2015, 11:43:51 PM »

Offline furball

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 95
Nope!  But I would do it for Paul George!