Author Topic: Kevin McHale Fired by Rockets (merged threads)  (Read 9403 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB: Kevin McHale fired
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2015, 12:39:33 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I knew this was happening as soon as I saw what happened in the game the Celts had against them.

When Gorman said, "This is some of the worst body language I've seen from a professional team in a long time," I knew McHale was a goner.

Danny Ainge should hire him.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
The Camera was on pand off McHale s face the whole game as we destroyed them .  He looked HE had given up ....at least his body and face language made me think so....

He did not show the correct attitude ......but a I give up ,  this team sucks kind of head shaking ..other small things that you don't want a coach doing......not good.

I wonder as I watched the game....was his job in jeopardy .......he seemed to have LOST the team to be frank .

But after all he is a super smart and nice guy and he is one of my Boston NBA heroes. 

I think Danny should bring him to Boston as an assistant coach !!!   

It just looked wrong him sitting on that Houston bench .......he had that why me look ...

I think he longs for being part of Boston s team .

why would he want to comeback as an assistant to CBS? 

Mchale imo is finished as a coach. He got a nice payday and can just relax and retire. Or find a job as a consultant

Why doesn't George Karl retire , or Phil Jackson any of the old guys .....it's all they know money doesn't matter ..
You haven't lived long enough to,understand this.

I know . But Mchale won't comeback as an assistant to CBS.

It's like Bird or Jordan doing that. These guys don't do these kind of things

I don't necessarily mean he has to,be a coach ..LOL......he could rejoin the organization in some capacity is all I'm say n.......don get your drawers all in twist

He could be great addition to the Club ..... ;D

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2015, 12:43:02 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
The Camera was on pand off McHale s face the whole game as we destroyed them .  He looked HE had given up ....at least his body and face language made me think so....

He did not show the correct attitude ......but a I give up ,  this team sucks kind of head shaking ..other small things that you don't want a coach doing......not good.

I wonder as I watched the game....was his job in jeopardy .......he seemed to have LOST the team to be frank .

But after all he is a super smart and nice guy and he is one of my Boston NBA heroes. 

It just looked wrong him sitting on that Houston bench .......he had that why me look ...

Mchale imo is finished as a coach. He got a nice payday and can just relax and retire. Or find a job as a consultant

Why doesn't George Karl retire , or Phil Jackson any of the old guys .....it's all they know money doesn't matter ..

I don't necessarily mean he has to,be a coach ..LOL......he could rejoin the organization in some capacity is all I'm say n.......don get your drawers all in twist

dude you said

lol.  I would also like it if he cameback to help the Celts org in some capacity.   

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2015, 12:45:36 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
dumb move , he just got them to the wcf and came back from 3-1 against the clips.

Howard and harden are to blame......

Howard and Harden got them to the wcf and came back from 1-3 vs the clippers, too

Uhh, what? Harden was on the bench during that Game 6 comeback. That series was more so about Josh Smith and the bench going crazy and catching the Clippers at their weakest and most unsuspecting.

That comeback took 3 games,.  Sitting for one part of the comeback doesn't invalidate every other contribution.

You don't honestly think that McHale had more to do worth the comeback then the players,  do you?

I never said anything about McHale nor the issues that are happening right now, I'm simply saying the idea that Harden and Howard brought them back from 1-3 is patently wrong. Their bench brought them back. Harden did his usual thing once the bench saved the series and prevented them from getting eliminated.

Then why respond to my post? You just took half of it out of context (which was saying that Harden and Howard had just as much or more to do with the comeback than McHale, and that they shouldn't be blamed for everything happening this year while getting no credit for last season, as rondohondo suggested)
I'm bitter.

« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2015, 12:46:46 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith

dude you said

lol.  I would also like it if he cameback to help the Celts org in some capacity.

Yes it was an example ......I'm not doing the hiring .....just an example ...but IF he wanted to be an assistant .......Danny would make room for him in a NY second !

I d love to see McHale teaching KO and Zeller footwork .

Have a little vision .....dudddde

« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

Offline CelticsFanFromNYC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Not shocking the way the season has started. 

But is it a coaching issue or a GM issue?

I personaly believe its a Ty Lawson issue.

« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2015, 12:54:28 PM »

Offline ThaPreacher

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 174
  • THA PREACHER
More proof that you can't fire 12 players but can fire the guy coaching them even if the problem isn't the coach.

An interim coach that was already there isn't going to do the trick. New coaching blood that the players will give a chance to and play for is all that is going to turn this around.

And that's why so many owners shouldn't be in management.  It's early in the season.  Getting out to a good start is important, but not essential.  Changing the driver, doesn't fix the engine problems. McHale is a good coach, who knows the game. 
But losing to the Nets Nuggets (twice) Mavs isn't going to win you any favors with ownership!
Similarly, beating them doesn't mean you are Coach of the Year.  Too early, too soon, too stupid.  If they were going to make a move, it should have been during off season.

"Just do what you do best."  -Red Auerbach-

« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2015, 12:59:20 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Stupid.
I was gonna say "insane" but maybe this is more accurate.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 01:37:44 PM by eja117 »

« Reply #53 on: November 18, 2015, 01:00:45 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
dumb move , he just got them to the wcf and came back from 3-1 against the clips.

Howard and harden are to blame......

Howard and Harden got them to the wcf and came back from 1-3 vs the clippers, too

Uhh, what? Harden was on the bench during that Game 6 comeback. That series was more so about Josh Smith and the bench going crazy and catching the Clippers at their weakest and most unsuspecting.

That comeback took 3 games,.  Sitting for one part of the comeback doesn't invalidate every other contribution.

You don't honestly think that McHale had more to do worth the comeback then the players,  do you?

I never said anything about McHale nor the issues that are happening right now, I'm simply saying the idea that Harden and Howard brought them back from 1-3 is patently wrong. Their bench brought them back. Harden did his usual thing once the bench saved the series and prevented them from getting eliminated.

Then why respond to my post? You just took half of it out of context (which was saying that Harden and Howard had just as much or more to do with the comeback than McHale, and that they shouldn't be blamed for everything happening this year while getting no credit for last season, as rondohondo suggested)

Dude, since when has it been illegal to have a tangential discussion?

« Reply #54 on: November 18, 2015, 03:21:18 PM »

Offline spikelovetheCelts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 113
  • Peace it's a board. We all will never agree.
I'm not sure how good a coach McHale is, but I'd love to see him working with Boston's bigs.

As for the Rockets, this, to me, is just more proof that any team with Dwight Howard will eventually self-destruct. Plus, Harden's one-dimensional.

And the Rockets don't deserve to win, anyway, until they get rid of those putrid unis and go back to the old color scheme.
TP. Nothing makes me smile more than to see Howard and Harden lose. McHale can come watch pratice here anytime. Plus 12 mil is a great parting gift. I am pulling for the Warriors to win more than the Bulls too.
"People look at players, watch them dribble between their legs and they say, 'There's a superstar.'  Well John Havlicek is a superstar, and most of the others are figments of writers' imagination."
--Jerry West, on John Havlicek

« Reply #55 on: November 18, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
McHale isn't joining the c's to coach big men under a head coach that is half his age .
I would think that would be a perfect situation.

« Reply #56 on: November 18, 2015, 04:44:57 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
McHale isn't joining the c's to coach big men under a head coach that is half his age .

Agreed.....lot of,hate for McHale ....?  Or just teens posting ...LOL

Ron Adams was a great assistant coach .

« Reply #57 on: November 18, 2015, 04:48:41 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Dwight Howard is posion to a team.   How do you suppose to win when he is hurt 75 % of the season ......he is resting , recovering , broken , sad , on and on .......big brother to DWill.

Dwight strikes again .

Another one bites the dust....this time poor old McHale

Harden appears to earned a Kardashian habit too .   He is a bit of a strange character .   .

« Reply #58 on: November 18, 2015, 04:52:18 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I understand the move.  It is probably smart.  Houston is probably going to play better with a new voice.  That isn't to say McHale is a bad coach.  I think his track record is that he is good for a while and then teams stop listening to him.  I think that happened in Minni and now again in Houston.  His style probably grates on players after a while.  That is just life for all but the most elite NBA coaches.

« Reply #59 on: November 18, 2015, 04:54:11 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

Agreed.....lot of,hate for McHale ....?  Or just teens posting ...LOL

Ron Adams was a great assistant coach .
It's a dream job for McHale. The city that loves you. No responsibility or blame. With your old teammate. He could learn a lot from Brad and eventually be in a better situation.