Author Topic: Kevin McHale Fired by Rockets (merged threads)  (Read 9378 times)

Re: WOJ BOMB: Kevin McHale fired
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 10:38:02 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
So once they lose 3 of their next four what would you be willing to give up for Harden?

He's been pretty bad this year, no hustle, matador on defense. Sure don't look like the runner-up to MVP. Would you give the Nets pick, our own 1st, Sully and Rozier for him?

James Harden is a great player, but he doesn't fit with what's happening with the Celtics. 

Honestly, I'll pass. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 10:38:24 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 10:41:17 AM »

Offline KeepRondo

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 215

Dang looks like Harden was clowning Mchale there.

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 10:44:21 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
More proof that you can't fire 12 players but can fire the guy coaching them even if the problem isn't the coach.

An interim coach that was already there isn't going to do the trick. New coaching blood that the players will give a chance to and play for is all that is going to turn this around.

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 10:45:18 AM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
Bring him home.

The Wolves do need a permanent head coach, so not a completely terrible idea.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 10:52:46 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Unsurprising, but too bad for McHale, he seems like a decent though not great coach.  Wonder who'll replace him long term, and if they'll have any more luck roping in the roster.   

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 10:54:46 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
dumb move , he just got them to the wcf and came back from 3-1 against the clips.

Howard and harden are to blame......

Howard and Harden got them to the wcf and came back from 1-3 vs the clippers, too

You can't give McHale all the credit for it.  Something happened since last year, and it semis like that something is Lawson

I agree. Also, Lawson has been downright awful on the floor so far this season, which makes his attitude even more difficult to handle. Morey should have just dumped Lawson and kept McHale. They also have had no bench. They particularly miss Demo's ability to play the 4 and spread the floor for Howard and Harden.

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 11:00:51 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
dumb move , he just got them to the wcf and came back from 3-1 against the clips.

Howard and harden are to blame......

Howard and Harden got them to the wcf and came back from 1-3 vs the clippers, too

You can't give McHale all the credit for it.  Something happened since last year, and it semis like that something is Lawson

That series to me was more about the Clippers imploding than the Rockets playing particularly well. 

A new coach might help things, but Howard, Lawson and especially Harden seem like the kind of players whose high-level talent has led to them developing bad habits on the court.  That kind of thing can be contagious.  Don't know who's going to have the cachet to snap them out of it.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 11:08:14 AM »

Offline BadNewsBarnes

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 41
Sad to see Kevin McHale get fired.  I'd love to see Kevin join the Celtics in some capacity.  I always rooted for the Rockets in the west because of Kevin McHale, now I hope they keep losing. 

As others have pointed out Lawson is one of the culprits for the sudden downfall of a team that was on the rise.  After watching the Celtics bury them the other night you could see that this team just quit on their coach, they tuned him out.  Since they can't get rid of these underachieving players the coach has to fall on the knife.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 11:09:15 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Below average coach. Should have been fired 2 years ago.

That Rockets team deserves a better coach.

Can you explain last season?

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 11:11:31 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Not shocking the way the season has started. 

But is it a coaching issue or a GM issue?

I think it's a player issue. No one in that team has any heart despite the talent that they have.

Which screams out GM issue since he put the players in place around Howard and Harden. 

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
So once they lose 3 of their next four what would you be willing to give up for Harden?

He's been pretty bad this year, no hustle, matador on defense. Sure don't look like the runner-up to MVP. Would you give the Nets pick, our own 1st, Sully and Rozier for him?

James Harden is a great player, but he doesn't fit with what's happening with the Celtics. 

Honestly, I'll pass.

Really? A lot of folks around here would give up a pile of assets for Cousins, Harden is a guy who's a legit MVP candidate, who lead Houston to the WCF last season and is a legit 25 PPG scorer on a nightly basis. He may be kinda mailing it in so far this season, but he's like 26 and just entering his prime. He can shoot 3's and passes well. If CBS can turn Cousins into a winner like a lot of us believe, he could certainly reign in Harden, right?

We have a lot of great defenders, and I think Harden could really fill our biggest holes. He's a star player who can consistently create his own offense, he can pass and shoot. That's the kinda guy I'd entertain an offer centered around a Brooklyn pick or two for.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:36 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572
I can't say I'm too surprised. The Rockets totally quit on him the other night, and he looked burnt out. Not a great combination.
Don't know who's fault it is, but he lost that team.

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 11:31:11 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I'm not sure how good a coach McHale is, but I'd love to see him working with Boston's bigs.

As for the Rockets, this, to me, is just more proof that any team with Dwight Howard will eventually self-destruct. Plus, Harden's one-dimensional.

And the Rockets don't deserve to win, anyway, until they get rid of those putrid unis and go back to the old color scheme.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
McHale isn't joining the c's to coach big men under a head coach that is half his age .