Author Topic: Getting Boogie without Nets pick... {BOS - SAC - NO proposal}  (Read 6021 times)

Re: Getting Boogie without Nets pick... {BOS - SAC - NO proposal}
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2015, 01:02:02 PM »

Online footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
The third team I keep thinking of is the Knicks if they start losing.  Carmelo to the Kings, Cousins to the Celtics and a collection of Lee, a young player (or two) and (non-Net) draft picks going to NY and Sac.

The Kings get their wish to keep "trying" to make the playoffs now.  The Knicks get help rebuilding around Porzingis.  Celtics use many of their assets to get a star. 

Though for this to happen, the Knicks need to start losing at a higher rate and the Cousin King issue must intensify.  Plus, there must be at least one asset the Celtics have that the Kings want to go with Melo.   
I actually think it would be more likely that Cousins goes to NY and Carmelo goes to Boston with the Kings getting young pieces and draft picks.  That actually seems to make more sense. 

Something like (other pieces could be included)
Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay
Sacto - Lee, Bradley, NY 1st, Dal 1st, Minn 1st, Bos 1st

That seems fairly reasonable for all three teams.  Plus, I don't see Melo willingly going to Sacramento, but could see him willingly go to Boston since it is so close to where his wife wants to be.

That's a great trade idea if you are a Knicks fan, an awful idea for the Celtics.  Give up 3 first round picks for an over the hill me first Melo, and enable our division rival to become the best team in the Eastern Conference for the next 10 years?  Why on earth would you consider that?
How is Cousins working out in Sacto?  Doesn't seem like they are a monster of a team.  Not sure why you think him on the Knicks with arguably a worse supporting cast changes that much.

Melo for three late to mid 1st round picks is good value.  Especially for Boston.  Melo is exactly the type of player this team needs.  Someone who you know if the game is on the line is going to want the ball and who has the skill set to finish the game.  Melo is also an excellent rebounder for his position and his defense is vastly underrated (he isn't a great defender, but he isn't bad).  Melo has also won pretty much every where with all different kinds of supporting casts.  You put Melo on this team and Boston is easily the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.

have you been watching how Boogie has been playing this year?  How Melo has been playing this year?  Trading for Melo would be a disastrous decision. We need those assets (three first round picks) to get a game changer.  Boogie's age, upside, and skill set are much better suited for our team.  He would be a perfect complement, however, for Porzingis.  That tandem would have incredible upside.  Plus being NY, their ability to attract top FA's obviously will exceed ours, all being equal.  Just a bad trade idea, IMO.  I really don't want to get someone in the process of breaking down like Melo is.  Maybe Melo 3 years ago, sure, I'd consider that deal. But not the 2015-16 version, whose wheels are falling off.

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2015, 02:21:45 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
The third team I keep thinking of is the Knicks if they start losing.  Carmelo to the Kings, Cousins to the Celtics and a collection of Lee, a young player (or two) and (non-Net) draft picks going to NY and Sac.

The Kings get their wish to keep "trying" to make the playoffs now.  The Knicks get help rebuilding around Porzingis.  Celtics use many of their assets to get a star. 

Though for this to happen, the Knicks need to start losing at a higher rate and the Cousin King issue must intensify.  Plus, there must be at least one asset the Celtics have that the Kings want to go with Melo.   

The Kings have Rudy Gay

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2015, 02:23:16 PM »

Offline FreddieJ

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 7
"Getting" Rudy Gay isn't an incentive for anyone right now.  He's the most inefficient player in the league and only teams dumb enough to ignore advanced stats on principle would even remotely consider it.  He's exactly the kind of player they don't want, it's why they got rid of MCW.  He just signed a multi year extension too - absolutely no way.  And if getting Cousins meant taking him on, I'd also say no.

comment based on reputation and not recent years

Rudy is being thrown around liberally in this thread. The Kings value him as well
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 02:31:28 PM by FreddieJ »

« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2015, 03:12:04 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1547

I actually think it would be more likely that Cousins goes to NY and Carmelo goes to Boston with the Kings getting young pieces and draft picks.  That actually seems to make more sense. 

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

That seems fairly reasonable for all three teams.  Plus, I don't see Melo willingly going to Sacramento, but could see him willingly go to Boston since it is so close to where his wife wants to be.

If the Kings would take that package, why bring in the Knicks? Swap the Knicks pick with a different one (The Celts have like a million) and get Cousins. Why an over the Hill Anthony?
Boston's only other pick this year is the Brooklyn pick.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. We also have Dallas (top 7 protected) and Minny (top 12 protected, converts to 2 2nds if top 12).

But I don't want Melo, either.

Mike
those picks are already included. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2015, 03:15:03 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

That's a great trade idea if you are a Knicks fan, an awful idea for the Celtics.  Give up 3 first round picks for an over the hill me first Melo, and enable our division rival to become the best team in the Eastern Conference for the next 10 years?  Why on earth would you consider that?
How is Cousins working out in Sacto?  Doesn't seem like they are a monster of a team.  Not sure why you think him on the Knicks with arguably a worse supporting cast changes that much.

Melo for three late to mid 1st round picks is good value.  Especially for Boston.  Melo is exactly the type of player this team needs.  Someone who you know if the game is on the line is going to want the ball and who has the skill set to finish the game.  Melo is also an excellent rebounder for his position and his defense is vastly underrated (he isn't a great defender, but he isn't bad).  Melo has also won pretty much every where with all different kinds of supporting casts.  You put Melo on this team and Boston is easily the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference.

have you been watching how Boogie has been playing this year?  How Melo has been playing this year?  Trading for Melo would be a disastrous decision. We need those assets (three first round picks) to get a game changer.  Boogie's age, upside, and skill set are much better suited for our team.  He would be a perfect complement, however, for Porzingis.  That tandem would have incredible upside.  Plus being NY, their ability to attract top FA's obviously will exceed ours, all being equal.  Just a bad trade idea, IMO.  I really don't want to get someone in the process of breaking down like Melo is.  Maybe Melo 3 years ago, sure, I'd consider that deal. But not the 2015-16 version, whose wheels are falling off.
I have. Boogie is better than Melo, thus Boogie would require at least one Brooklyn pick to obtain.  In the trade above, Boston keeps all three Brooklyn picks, and basically trades three mid to late first round picks and redundant role players for Carmelo Anthony.  And sure in the trade above, NY gets Boogie and also takes on Gay.  For Boston to acquire both Gay and Boogie, it would have to give up more players and at least one more first round pick (likely a Brooklyn pick).

« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2015, 04:06:20 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Bulls/Sac/C's

Bulls get Ben Mclemore, Sully, Rozier, Mickey +
16' Dal 1st, 16' Phi 2nd, 16' Cle 2nd

Kings get Noah, Bradley +
16' C's 1st, 16' MN 1st, 18' C's 1st, future Mem 1st

C's get Boogie, keep all the BK picks and Marcus Smart.  Makes sense for the Kings, who can stay competitive in the near term, replace their slumping 2guard, and still pickup FOUR first round picks.  Chicago gets to reset, net several young, cost-controlled players + 3 picks for one aging big. 

Who says no?

« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2015, 04:08:52 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Bulls/Sac/C's

C's get Boogie, keep all the BK picks and Marcus Smart.  Makes sense for the Kings, who can stay competitive in the near term, replace their slumping 2guard, and still pickup FOUR first round picks.  Chicago gets to reset, net several young, cost-controlled players + 3 picks for one aging big. 

Who says no?

I say no because Chicago commits highway robbery!

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Bulls/Sac/C's

Who says no?

Yeah but it's worth overspending if it leads to a Dynasty.   

Adding Cousins to Isaiah, Smart, Crowder & Amir?   We'd be absolutely dominate, still have Kelly, Jerebko & Turner off the bench ...and all three BK picks. 

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2015, 04:31:09 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
Bulls/Sac/C's

Who says no?

Yeah the Bulls really make out in that trade and I don't think Sacto gets near enough.  If some of the assets that go to Chicago go to Sacto it actually wouldn't be a bad deal for all involved.

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 05:42:55 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
Bulls/Sac/C's

16' C's 1st, 16' MN 1st, 16' Dal 1st, 18' C's 1st, future Mem 1st

C's get Boogie, keep all the BK picks and Marcus Smart.  Makes sense for the Kings, who can stay competitive in the near term, replace their slumping 2guard, and still pickup FOUR FIVE first round picks.  Chicago gets to reset, net several young, cost-controlled players + 3 picks for one aging big. 

Who says no?

Yeah the Bulls really make out in that trade and I don't think Sacto gets near enough.  If some of the assets that go to Chicago go to Sacto it actually wouldn't be a bad deal for all involved.

Makes sense.  Could give Kings that Dal 1st, making it FIVE firsts + Noah & AB, while the Bulls take the youth package and 2nd rounders.  That Philly 2nd in particular would be a nice get for them.

And while I'm on a roll   ;D

...We follow it up next offseason by drafting Ben Simmons & trading the 17' & 18' BK picks/Lee/Zeller/Young to OKC for a disgruntled Kevin Durant. 

Your 2016-2017 Boston Celtics:

Thomas, Turner
Smart,   Simmons
Durant,  Crowder
Cousins,  Jerebko
Amir,     Kelly
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 05:50:16 PM by D Dub »

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2015, 12:31:51 PM »

Offline TheSundanceKid

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 199
The problem with the initial trade is Sac are subject to a pick swap with philly if they land in the top 10. So essentially they are capped to the worse of the two picks. So they could end up trading Boogie for two picks outside the top 5. Not worth it for them. If they trade him it'll be on draft night after they are sure that there is no future for this team

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'm pretty sure at some point, New Orleans have to start tanking. This is the whole premise for this proposal.

Boston gets:
Demarcus Cousins

New Orleans gets:
Rudy Gay, 3 boston picks (Dallas, Minn, Celtics own)

Sacramento gets:
Tyreke Evans, David Lee, New Orleans top pick

Why Boston: We get Cousins, won't have to give up that Nets pick.
Why New Orleans: Get a proven wing scorer for Anthony for 2016-17, and trading down picks would give them some more cap space while getting out of Tyreke's contract.
Why Sacramento: The New Orleans pick, plus their own pick... potentially 2 top 10 picks.
Sac can get much more than that. How do you give up the best asset in the deal by far while also helping another team get out of a contract by taking it on? Plus they get Lee, a player past his prime?

Sac will demand the Nets 1st. Even the Nets first has limited value because there is still the lottery to worry about and there is still the uncertainty involved in the development of rookies, even if they get lucky in the lottery. Add to that the fact that they will have to wait a few years for the rookie to develop and you see why players like Cousins demand multipe future #1 picks. Heck, even Pierce and KG got us that. Look at the Melo haul Denver got and Anthony was already almost out the door and toward the end of his prime.

« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2015, 02:21:10 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
My attempt at a no-Net pick Boogie trade...(giving up my favorite player...ouch)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4vohzy

For this to happen Nurkic would have to come back and prove his knee is solid, and play as well as he did before his knee issue.  He did great head to head against Boogie, apparently.

Celtics get Boogie, Collison and Randy Foye

Kings get Nurkic, Smart (ouch), Lee and Mickey and Boston's 2016 first

Nuggets get Zeller, Young and Moreland, along with the Dallas pick and a couple high second rounders.

« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2015, 02:23:47 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
My attempt at a no-Net pick Boogie trade...(giving up my favorite player...ouch)
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=q4vohzy

For this to happen Nurkic would have to come back and prove his knee is solid, and play as well as he did before his knee issue.  He did great head to head against Boogie, apparently.

Celtics get Boogie, Collison and Randy Foye

Kings get Nurkic, Smart (ouch), Lee and Mickey and Boston's 2016 first

Nuggets get Zeller, Young and Moreland, along with the Dallas pick and a couple high second rounders.

Terrible deal for Denver.

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/