Author Topic: Getting Boogie without Nets pick... {BOS - SAC - NO proposal}  (Read 6017 times)

Re: Getting Boogie without Nets pick... {BOS - SAC - NO proposal}
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2015, 06:46:46 AM »

Offline BornReady

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 40
Kings definitely say no
They got a superstar locked up in a contract and in this deal they're pretty much getting nothing in return for cousins

« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 07:06:42 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Same situation as with Howard in Orlando .  Owner is in charge , he has a man crush Cousins , and unless he dies , or Cousins takes himself off,the the team .  He'll never consider letting the coach or GM trade Cousins.

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 08:19:30 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The third team I keep thinking of is the Knicks if they start losing.  Carmelo to the Kings, Cousins to the Celtics and a collection of Lee, a young player (or two) and (non-Net) draft picks going to NY and Sac.

The Kings get their wish to keep "trying" to make the playoffs now.  The Knicks get help rebuilding around Porzingis.  Celtics use many of their assets to get a star. 

Though for this to happen, the Knicks need to start losing at a higher rate and the Cousin King issue must intensify.  Plus, there must be at least one asset the Celtics have that the Kings want to go with Melo.   

« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2015, 09:17:10 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The third team I keep thinking of is the Knicks if they start losing.  Carmelo to the Kings, Cousins to the Celtics and a collection of Lee, a young player (or two) and (non-Net) draft picks going to NY and Sac.

The Kings get their wish to keep "trying" to make the playoffs now.  The Knicks get help rebuilding around Porzingis.  Celtics use many of their assets to get a star. 

Though for this to happen, the Knicks need to start losing at a higher rate and the Cousin King issue must intensify.  Plus, there must be at least one asset the Celtics have that the Kings want to go with Melo.   
I actually think it would be more likely that Cousins goes to NY and Carmelo goes to Boston with the Kings getting young pieces and draft picks.  That actually seems to make more sense. 

Something like (other pieces could be included)
Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay
Sacto - Lee, Bradley, NY 1st, Dal 1st, Minn 1st, Bos 1st

That seems fairly reasonable for all three teams.  Plus, I don't see Melo willingly going to Sacramento, but could see him willingly go to Boston since it is so close to where his wife wants to be.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2015, 09:18:08 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
The Kings definitely say no, I feel like they're getting robbed here the most...that only works if Billy King was the GM of the Kings :D

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2015, 10:02:17 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics

I actually think it would be more likely that Cousins goes to NY and Carmelo goes to Boston with the Kings getting young pieces and draft picks.  That actually seems to make more sense. 

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

That seems fairly reasonable for all three teams.  Plus, I don't see Melo willingly going to Sacramento, but could see him willingly go to Boston since it is so close to where his wife wants to be.

I was just thinking that Sac wants ready made players, Melo can rejoin Karl where they had success.   

But I just did a quick google search and Melo calling Karl a snake probably kills this idea.

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2015, 10:29:49 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

That's a great trade idea if you are a Knicks fan, an awful idea for the Celtics.  Give up 3 first round picks for an over the hill me first Melo, and enable our division rival to become the best team in the Eastern Conference for the next 10 years?  Why on earth would you consider that?

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2015, 11:07:28 AM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I just don't see any way we can trade for Boogie and not have to give up one of either Smart or the Nets 2016 pick. I guess maybe if your willing to include the 2018 Nets pick and the right to swap in 2017 with a few other assets like Rozier and Sully or something.

Boogie is too valuable to not net the Kings a good jump start on a rebuild if they trade him. If that comes from us that's gonna either mean Smart or the Nets pick.

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2015, 11:21:05 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

That's a great trade idea if you are a Knicks fan, an awful idea for the Celtics.  Give up 3 first round picks for an over the hill me first Melo, and enable our division rival to become the best team in the Eastern Conference for the next 10 years?  Why on earth would you consider that?
How is Cousins working out in Sacto?  Doesn't seem like they are a monster of a team.  Not sure why you think him on the Knicks with arguably a worse supporting cast changes that much.

Melo for three late to mid 1st round picks is good value.  Especially for Boston.  Melo is exactly the type of player this team needs.  Someone who you know if the game is on the line is going to want the ball and who has the skill set to finish the game.  Melo is also an excellent rebounder for his position and his defense is vastly underrated (he isn't a great defender, but he isn't bad).  Melo has also won pretty much every where with all different kinds of supporting casts.  You put Melo on this team and Boston is easily the 2nd best team in the Eastern Conference. 

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2015, 11:28:39 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I don't see it. Too many changing factors in the picks. They could be good or bad. No way to tell till at least deadline date. At deadline you know how teams can max or bottom out.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 12:28:04 PM by Csfan1984 »

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2015, 11:34:24 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

If the Kings would take that package, why bring in the Knicks? Swap the Knicks pick with a different one (The Celts have like a million) and get Cousins. Why an over the Hill Anthony?

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2015, 12:39:21 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

If the Kings would take that package, why bring in the Knicks? Swap the Knicks pick with a different one (The Celts have like a million) and get Cousins. Why an over the Hill Anthony?
Boston's only other pick this year is the Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 12:44:15 PM »

Offline Hemingway

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 123
why would we trade for Melo in a deal with DMC. If that as on the table we could just get DMC

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 12:44:26 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 911

Boston - Anthony
NY - Cousins & Gay

Boston's only other pick this year is the Brooklyn pick.

Not sure I understand what you are saying. We also have Dallas (top 7 protected) and Minny (top 12 protected, converts to 2 2nds if top 12).

But I don't want Melo, either.

Mike

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 12:53:09 PM »

Offline MikeJelly

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 24
Sac does not get nearly enough back for their superstar