Author Topic: Young, Turner, and a late first rounder for Muhammad and Dieng  (Read 1999 times)

Young, Turner, and a late first rounder for Muhammad and Dieng
« on: November 17, 2015, 07:04:07 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6625531

This saves us 1.64 million for the year, so less prorated out.

I was thinking to maybe give them one of our future firsts two or three years out.

Thoughts?

Smitty77

Re: Young, Turner, and a late first rounder for Muhammad and Dieng
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 07:25:22 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=81261.0

A lot of the same ground covered there.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2015, 10:12:16 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I started a new thread because this does NOT involve us giving up Sully, who is playing VERY WELL, and it does NOT involve us taking damaged goods in Pek being paid WAY TOO MUCH!!

Smitty77

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 10:19:41 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
i would very much like to acquire Dieng. Lee and Zeller are horrible.
- LilRip

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2015, 10:21:28 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
What is the incentive for the Wolves?

1) With Martin / Wiggins / Lavine / Rubio I can't see a lot of use for Turner or Young on that roster

2) James Young is a prospect, and the only reason I see for them trading Muhammad/Dieng is because they already have more prospects than they can use

3) A late first rounder only offers yet another prospect - see point #2

As the other thread states, the only way I can see Minny wanting to trade those two guys out is if it gets them a veteran at a position of need who could potentially help them in the playoffs in a significant way.  Don't see how this trade makes much sense to them?

Open to convincing though!

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 10:27:48 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

1) With Martin / Wiggins / Lavine / Rubio I can't see a lot of use for Turner or Young on that roster

2) James Young is a prospect, and the only reason I see for them trading Muhammad/Dieng is because they already have more prospects than they can use

As the other thread states, the only way I can see Minny wanting to trade those two guys out is if it gets them a veteran at a position of need who could potentially help them in the playoffs in a significant way.  Don't see how this trade makes much sense to them?

It truly depends on how much they value Young who they can put in the D-League to develop.  I think someone can and will STEAL Dieng as I think they have about given up on him and can spare him.

Watch and see, someone will get a deal on Dieng and I hope it is us.  I am NOT a huge Muhammad fan anyway.

Smitty77

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:05 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

I just notice that Shabazz is shooting 10% from three thus far:-)).  Evan Turner is shooting OVER TWICE that from long range at 22%:-)))

Minny will be all over this trade!!!!:-0))

Smitty77

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 10:31:10 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875
It truly depends on how much they value Young who they can put in the D-League to develop.  I think someone can and will STEAL Dieng as I think they have about given up on him and can spare him.

I can't see why they would have any interest at all in Young. 

He's been horrible so far, and between Rubio/Lavine/Wiggins their perimeter rotation seems like it is set for the foreseeable future. 

As much as we would all like to think otherwise, I suspect that James Young's trade value around the league right now is just about zero.  I think we'd struggle to get a late first rounder / early second rounder for him.

He's pretty bad.

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2015, 10:33:23 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

I started a new thread because this does NOT involve us giving up Sully, who is playing VERY WELL, and it does NOT involve us taking damaged goods in Pek being paid WAY TOO MUCH!!

Smitty77

Right. But in that thread, Wolves are getting more, giving up less, and still not likely to do it.

So, why does this package entice them? Is Young that good a prospect?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 07:28:49 AM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen

Smitty77

Right. But in that thread, Wolves are getting more, giving up less, and still not likely to do it.

So, why does this package entice them? Is Young that good a prospect?

If they truly believe that they might make the playoffs this year, then we could offer to give them back their pick, which would be higher than others, and ET is a veteran that helps them like KG, Prince, and Andre Miller.

Smitty77

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2015, 08:14:29 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
No, we do not need our 7th big on the roster.  And people are making too much of that Lowe article from yesterday.  You realize Shabazz plays 18 minutes a game for them currently, right?  He's not stuck on the bench.  Maybe he should play 24, but it's early in the season.  As it wears on I'd expect Prince to play less just because he's old.  Same for Dieng, really. How much more are either of those players going to get on the court here?  David Lee, who you complain about, currently gets less court time than does Dieng.  It's not like Shabazz is going to knock Crowder out of the rotation.  Nor is he likely to supplant Jerebko, who gets less minutes than anyone still.  If Shabazz and Dieng's agents are annoyed at the amount of playing time those two are getting in Minnesota, it's not going to improve with them coming to Boston.

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2015, 08:15:45 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
Minni has Tayshaun Prince playing 21.5 minutes and putting up 3.5 pts and 2.5 rebs.  I suspect he is playing good defense and otherwise contributing but this is pretty weak for your starting SF.  Evan Turner is probably not the answer for them and James Young certainly is not but they might like Crowder.

Their other weak spot seems to be PF.  I agree that I don't want to give up Sullinger but they might like Olynyk (who I like but would consider in a good trade that creates more roster balance for us).

So assuming they would want Crowder and Olynyk, players that would actually help their team, then I would want more than Muhammad and Dieng back.  My concern with both of these guys is that they don't seem to be able to beat out weak incumbents and get on the court.  The perception seems to be that Muhammad and Dieng have more upside than our guys but I don't know and I think it is hard for anyone to know.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2015, 09:42:06 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1615
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, that would do absolutely nothing to alleviate the frontcourt log-jam.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »

Offline Rick Robeys Return

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 35
  • The bringer of DJ
God is this a terrible idea. Sell low on Young, and give up a key play-maker for this teams second unit, for Dieng whose stock is on the real decline - have people been watching him back up KAT - and Muhammed who has shown little to think his ceiling will be higher than Young, and as other have noted further constipating our front court situation with another big who cant stretch the floor...

« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2015, 11:16:40 AM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice

Smitty77

I included Sully and Pek because why would Minny even consider the offer. If this was the other way around would you really want an untested prospect, average ball handler and shooter, plus a weak 1st rounder for a legit swing and an above average rim protector who are still on rookie contracts through 16-17?
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)